Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Sporadic posted:

I'm listening to it now and it's one of their better episodes. No crazy screaming over each other. No missing basic plot points. It's everyone basically going :stonk: for the entire episode.

Plus Nothing But Trouble deserves that type of reaction. That movie is loving nuts.

June's question when the inbred sibling showed up was a great, 'Are...are..they...human?

Also, been listening to a lot of We Hate Movies lately and I got to give them props for not using loaded terms, like gay, human being or bitch etc. I don't think they ever refer to an unlikeable female characters as a 'oval office', for example.

I know this seems like a small thing but since the internet can be such fountain of hate a lot of the times, so it's nice to know that these guys can restrain themselves when they don't have to. I also like the way they quickly bring up suicide whenever they discussed what they would do if they found themselves trapped in a character's predicament :v:. Don't give up that quickly, guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The next movie is going to be Mortal Kombat for HDTGM, so look forward to the "What exactly is a Kombatan?" questions

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

WampaLord posted:

I love whatever guest that brought that up. He was like "You know that you two are married, right? You sound so formal when you talk to each other!"

That was Paul F. Tompkins. There's also the fact that June's twitter handle is @MsJuneDiane for extra confusion.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Equeen posted:

That's a shame, you're missing a good episode.

The snippet of that commentary track that Paul played is hilarious. "Magical Realism" indeed.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Podcast editor lol

Matt Gourley. I swear, half the podcast I subscribed to is edited by that guy.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Next week's WHM has got to be Child's Play 3, a movie I inexplicably watched at least 6 times.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I haven't seen Blame it on Rio yet but just going by the WHM's guys description, it sounded more creepy and disturbing than any of the horror movie that they covered in this year's spooktacular.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
This is the first Keanu movie that WHM ever did, right? It's long overdue, IMO

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
What about the movie that had a black guy in chains as a running gag? Like Blame it on Rio, I believe it was also classified as "comedy"

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Stigmata is a pretty boring movie but PoopJuice the Paladin made that episode for me. Next week's episode will not be a Reese Witherspoon movie, it'll be a Julianne Moore's movie instead. Please let it be The Forgotten

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

"I like movies that are set in planes, because the stakes are so high". This is great week for both WHM and HDTGM since it it turned into an impromptu Nicolas Cage appreciation week.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

And I'm pretty sure it's going to keep going. If I understood Jason's comment correctly, the second episode they were recording that day if front of the crowd was Face/Off. Funny how the timing on both podcasts worked out that way.

Too bad we gotta wait till next week. I wished HDTGM released their live episodes back to back.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Just found out about this movie:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316465

Really tempted to call it in but from what I've seen, it's probably too slow paced but its Cuba Gooding Junior going full retard.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 24, 2015

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I wished Keanu Reeves actually sounded like the guys' impression in the movie. Would've made the movie 100 times better

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

De Nomolos posted:

Sounds like Kenneth the Page.

One of the reasons I love WHM is because they're so good at bringing movies back to my consciousness that I once thought were amazing but are actually dogshit and fodder for humor. See also: Face/Off, Dragonheart.

1000 PANCAKES.

Hey, man, Face/Off is awesome :colbert:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
That was one of the most cringeworthy story I've ever heard in that mailbag. Good Lord. Props to John for being a gentleman, tho

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
After listening to the Russel Madness episode, like the guys mentioned, the movie's premise would've make sense if wrestling is fake. I mean, in New Japan Pro Wrestling, a real-lifeJapanese wrestling promotion, there is a 'wrestler' that is a blow up doll for gently caress's sake.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Oh, god, Daredevil on WHM. I was waiting for Evanescence jokes and they delivered. Oh, and also congrats on coining a new, extremely gross catchphrase, guys

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Hey, which WHM episode was it where the gang briefly discussed the She's All That episode and how uncomfortable they are with all the do not worry about Paul Walker jokes now? I want to listen to that one again for some reason.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Ah, thank you. Speaking of Entourage,I was gonna ask why the Entourage movie was a such lop but apparently it did fairly Ok. It's just got bad reviews for the reasons outlined in the episode.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Al! posted:

The WHM guys are very good at bringing you into their anger.

I just bought and listened to the Sucker Punch-mentary last night, it was hilarious and it's the only way I can go through that movie. There are some very uncomfortable scenes in that movie, the guys' commentaries made me laugh through it. <breathy creepy voice> "I called them my pretties, I dressed them like kiddies, hehehehe" <breathy creepy voice>

Another way to summed that movie is this Kate Beaton comic:

http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=311

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

A Meat posted:

Count me in to the "I had no idea what this movie is about" party, I thought it was something about Arthurian legend.

I got lost when they start saying the terms, narfs and skrunt and I normally like bullshit fantasy terms

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Tato posted:

I've enjoyed the last few HDTGM episodes away from the live format, it's actually fun again.

I also like that I've listened to like, 4 bad movie podcasts on Dreamcatcher and none of them have ever been able to come close to actually describing all of the insane poo poo in that film going on. You can listen to all 4 and there's still tons of stuff left out. It's the gift that keeps on giving. The book is even worse.

What's the other 2? I'm assuming, the other ones are We Hate Movies and HDTGM, of course.

Oh, and I know this is late, but I want to acknowledged the Klarion the Witch Boy joke that Steve made in the Pet Sematary 2 episode that the other two sandbag :v:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The Hamsterman bit is amazing in the latest WHM mailbag. Holy poo poo, I don't ever cracked up that badly in public before

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Eric, are you sure you know what you're getting into with that request? That Nexus episode where you read the Data slashfic is as funny as it is horrifying.

EDIT

And I'm sure there's far worse stuff out there, in the Deep Web

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The BVS mailbag is one of my favorites, 'They're called Parademons" "Read a drat comic book"