Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Cat's Eye episode is really good too. The Louie Anderson's cat-hotdogs bit is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Has anyone said Babycakes, because the answer is Babycakes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

weekly font posted:

Dracula 2000 when they go into how someone becomes a Cenobite was what made me immediately go back and listen to the rest of the backlog.

~Secret Nazi Dracula~

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I legitimately want to know what IS a Goro?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

Because if the words Noob Saibot ever passed his lips he would immediately be served with divorce papers.

Seriously have you seen him and June? Bro's gotta play the Mortal Kombat knowledge close to the chest.

Also man what a great episode, June may actually be a secret old lady with her love of Pinball and Skiball rather than video games.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If they don't wanna do a straight 'donate money' button or whatever there's always Kickstarter, a couple of my favorite podcasts were able to get some major upgrades in gear and all through that.

Yea Cliffhanger and Shaky Ground was ok but this was terrible, I got up to when one of them namedropped some other lovely movie they were suggested and some chick shrieked with joy into the mic and my earbuds I had turned up super high to hear them felt like they would explode.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OldTennisCourt posted:

Whenever Steve slips into his comic book nerd voice I crack the gently caress up

"MOM YOU HEAR ABOUT ALL THAT MONEY JIM CAREY GOT PAID TO BE THE RIDDLER? THAT'S A LOTTA CHEEEEEEEEESE"

"CAN WE GO TO MCDONALDS?"

He's gonna get that trickle down!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Seriously look at that picture, how can anyone not unironically love this movie?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Billy Gnosis posted:

BAPS and Soul Man were two movies that comedy central aired constantly for many years, uncomfortably so. I always wondered if that wasn't a coincidence.

Best of all for a long time they were cornerstones of their black history month black comic showcases. Thank gently caress for Chapelle's Show to fill that padding spot out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Doubtfire and Winter's Tale for the lovely movie podcasts today? My cup runnith over, but ya know, with poo poo.

Winter's Tale is so loving crazy and terrible, when it shuffles onto Netflix with a wet fart, I massively recommend it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Still can't wrap my head around how Blended's plot works. How does 4 tickets turn into 7 tickets? Why buffalo wings so spicy?

I have to see Winter's Tale just for the Will Smith parts. I thought they were joking at first.

Nothing they said about it was a joke, that's how stupid this poo poo is, the best joke is just describing what happens.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Irish Joe posted:

Disappointed to hear about How Did This Get Made's new schedule this morning. One episode a month is not nearly enough. Can't Paul and June get a nanny like every other Hollywood power couple?

Just get Jason to watch the baby.

He's gonna find that baby.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Mastermind posted:

The idea of "Uncle Mantzoukas" is terrifying.

Godfather Caine is worse, though.

Let's be honest, we can be certain Uncle Mantzoukas won't gently caress that kid, and that's great, but he's still gonna do some hosed up poo poo, and that kid will be involved, so it's a wash all in all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

They're really flipping a coin on that baby's looks.

Paul is a rare man who prays that the baby looks as little like him as possible in the delivery room.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DoombatINC posted:

I think if anything is guaranteed it's that the baby will look like Paul for at least the first year or so

You know

Yea.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobservo posted:

Is is just me, or has Dan gotten noticeably drunker during the last few years of the show? Not that I would want it any other way.

Man's got hooks for hands and no knees, he's obviously in a downward spiral.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

Also, sometimes, some days, you just want to watch an ape drink a beer.

I'm more worried there are days when you don't want this apparently.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

At times the 70's were so loving "folksy" it was disgusting.

It had to be a pushback thing right? Like you had the kids dancing their disco music with the negroes and scaring old white people, so they turn up the Happy Days filter to 11 and say "NO BUT REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS WHEN A MAN COULD BE BEST FRIENDS WITH A MONKEY?!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

As there were talking about this movie I realized that I must have seen it, because the first act or whatever seemed really familiar to me, but literally everything else was not. This leads me to believe that I must have fallen asleep during it. Thank you for this revelation WHM.

Had the exact same journey. I'm positive I've seen at least forty minutes of this movie and nothing else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

laz0rbeak posted:

Yes, Mystery Men has problems, but I feel like it would have been better received if it came out at a time when superhero movies were a big deal, instead of when it did.

Do you legitimately believe it would be HELPED for a movie where 'the spleen' has the super power of farting and some Indian dude throws spoons to be released in a time when super hero movies were MORE of a big deal? Like, you think this garbage would look better if it was easily compared to The Dark Knight?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

What do you call Mario?

Beauty.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea they've shown they can handle making fun of guilty pleasure movies plenty of times before. Mortal Kombat is a lovely movie, it's just a fun kind of lovely like (insert near every not-Rocky 1 Stallone movie here) or (insert literally any movie with Wilford Brimley here) or (All of Jessie Ventura's career including his WWF life). There's plenty to laugh at and there's nothing wrong with them going 'yea it was a pretty good lovely movie' at the end.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grant DaNasty posted:

Holy poo poo, the Christopher Lambert impressions were cracking me up. I had to pause it to catch my breath.

"In the mood for a midnight snack? Why not come down to Scorpion's Fire Grill."

"It'll make you say, 'Get over here!'"

"Your Lambert is veering close to Triumph The Insult Comic Dog. Not saying course correct, just telling you where this is going."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god the WHM this week is great.

Like, Planet of the Apes sucked, yea, but their constant references to the thunderstorm and poo poo like 'doing this podcast in a treehouse has finally bit us!' is just wonderful.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OldTennisCourt posted:

"OH BOY, TOMMY LEE JONES AS TWO FACE? THAT'S GONNA BE SUPER GRITTY!"

"MAAAA, JIM CARREY'S GONNA BE IN BATMAN, CAN WE GO TO MCDONALD'S?!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Septic Knothead posted:

What episode is it from? I don't remember it from the most recent Planet of the Apes, though I could be mistaken.

Today's. It's great.

I like the Wayne Knight parts, because I fit into the clothes better...

"Wait he's using the old clothes?"

"Well he's gotta!"

I love when they get into their own stupid logic.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Infamous Sphere posted:

Speaking of children, horrendous or otherwise, has anyone else listened to the Alcohollywood review of Clifford yet? Jesus christ, that movie shouldn't have been allowed to exist. It's just as well the world at large seems to have forgotten about it. What an abomination.
Excellent review though. Was this movie known of at the time it came out? Or was it quickly forgotten about/buried in a pile of other releases or something?

I had no idea it was a thing, which shocks me because I was right in the meaty part of that target audience at the time, but wow does it sound like maybe the worst thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Duke posted:

When they were talking about the teacher conference scene, so funny. And the homemade pizza after hot tubbing. THAT'S NOT A SNACK, THAT'S A MEAL!

IF YOU HAVE TO GET FOIL OUT AFTER YOU EAT, IT'S A MEAL!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Infamous Sphere posted:

I looked it up, as I listened on the site, and yes, it was Sandy Hook. At least going by the dates.

Yea it came out the week of Sandy Hook and he wasn't comfortable having the show have what I assume must have been a decent bit of time spent on talking about a crazy person shooting a child when that actually happened in a larger scale.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I barely remember what movie the episode was about but today's Flop House Alan Ruck tangent is up there with the Titus Androgynous and Porthole of Time bits.

Look, we've all been Ruckolded before.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GPTribefan posted:

I don't know if WHM is taking requests, but man do they need to get to Dead Man on Campus... the 1995 MTV Films production of the Mark-Paul "I wanna get as far away from Zack Morris as possible" Gossier's film debut...

I just discovered the podcast thanks to the people over at the O&A thread, and I can't stop listening. The TMNT II episode had me crying I was laughing so hard. Not everything hits all of the time, but man are they pretty close to perfect.

Good news, request month is in November, they said this week they'll probably open request lines up when they come back next month right away!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rincewind posted:

I really liked how they kept alternating between Paulie, drunk scumbag trash man who probably hosed that robot, and Paulie, paragon of childlike innocence who's just sad because his pet frog escaped at Apollo Creed's funeral.

"It was the first funeral for a black man he attended and it was the last" going almost instantly into "HOPPY'S GOIN IN THE POND, ROCK, THE POND" was the best bit by far.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea there are in-jokes like the Flop House House Cat's mythical past and stuff like Stuart's favorite movies involving maniacs, freaks, and dingdongs and/or sub sandwiches being defiled, but usually even without knowing the 'backstory' the jokes are fairly good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A Meat posted:

Anyone have any guesses for the Stephen King movie next week on WHM?

I'm hoping for either Maximum Overdrive or Thinner, but I'll be okay with Graveyard Shift as well, even though I know very little about it, because it sounds super terrible.

They literally can't pick wrong.

e: oooh is the one with the fog and people holed up in the mall old enough yet?

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 17, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

I haven't listened to the new whm but it is a drat shame Eric is not in it sine he does the best "you stole mah story"

Thanks to him me and some of my friends have started just slipping 'you stole mah story' into times when we're arguing about things, and now this episode will increase it even more.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mantic posted:

Speaking of the Flophouse it appears that they have joined the Maximum Fun network.

Oh that's wonderful, they'll fit in great.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DoombatINC posted:

Last week could be considered the start of the Spooktackular if you find fresh steamed corn particularly scary

Nothin scarier than a stolen story, boy.

Al! posted:

Can't wait for the Extreme Restraints spots.

"Boy Elliot I wish we could shut you up for a second..."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Man Jessie Thorn is a funny guy and Maxfun has a great bunch of podcasts but him starting the podcast with a money plea was super tacky. I don't remember that ever happening on other podcasts that join.

That said, great episode, Hallie is a national treasure, and I'm sure they're gonna be great fits in the network.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GraPar posted:

gently caress Jessie Thorn, but Hallie Haglund is the best: "It's like when you force someone to have sex with you and then they finally get really into sex"

I love how that joke just slammed the brakes on the bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cams posted:

June's "stance" taken on the newest HDTGM is one of the most egregious things I have ever heard.

She is going to get Paul killed.

He needs to just be a man.