Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Big Money Rustlas is v. dumb and v. bad but it's also 100% earnest in how bad and dumb it is and that leads to it having a weird kinda bad and dumb charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not even 10 minutes in and already agree with Elliot that this could be my new The Room

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This movie involves a woman reaching into the toilet to save pills that had been poured away. In any other movie this would be a crushing display of the dark and degrading nature of addiction. Here it's loving hilarious. All the oscars.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm the president of the bank I did the crimes *shoots self to applause*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love WHM mailbags.

"I GOTTA poo poo"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

How could you forget Cloudy in The Pallbearer?

Aw it's ok, everyone forgets Cloudy :smith:

But also goddamn good episode today. I shamefully was just like them and, when I first saw it I was all "Oh my god this is ART" and then, ya know, I graduated high school and watched it again and said 'oh nooooo'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Put upon cobra commander is the best character since put upon skeletor

See you later~

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

Jeremy they don't deliver on Columbus Day!

...Do you really think you have a future in logistics, Jeremy? This isn't Trickster the boss, this is Trickster your friend.

I'm loving the running bit of super villains/horror monsters just being overworked.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I totally am blanking on that but I must find it, what episode?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What's the difference between Ingrid Bergman and Ingmar Bergman?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
God the episodes when they want to talk about anything but the lovely movie are the best. King Ralph tangent was the best.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
How much do I have to pay to WHM to get Bush Sr and Reagan review movies as a full podcast

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

Andrew's inability to handle this Bee Movie thing is great

Can you believe that rear end in a top hat brought a wasp?!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RandomPauI posted:

I have the sneaking suspicion that scenarios I'm coming up with for trying to justify someone working as a health inspector and a cable guy at the same time are probably more interesting than the movie proper.

Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector is actually a tragic American tale of a man who must work two menial jobs, usually featuring facing the anger of others for choices he really has no say in.

And farts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

laz0rbeak posted:

Just one super-artificial manufactured argument after another.

I think this is what bugged me the most. The 'arguments' were such over the top bullshit it was clearly fake, or that person is just loving nuts.

It feels like they took a normal person's contrary views and inflated them fifty times over

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it was the gauntlet and not only did it not keep you safe, it literally was possible for it to burst into flame, so if anything you would be safer grabbing the hot tray with your bare hand than with an oven mitt that had odds to wrap your hand in flame.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MariusLecter posted:

Bee Movie was okay in so far as the last act focused on how bees are really important to the environment and human survival.

Really should have been the focus from square one but then we wouldn't have had a bee and a human woman having an affair.

I'd argue it's biggest flaw was not focusing on the fact that a bee and a real normal human lady were explicitly going to gently caress

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea even if you liked BIOOS I'd not call it a good indication for WHM, the shows aren't at all about the same topic and it's only one of the WHM dudes.

WHM has a way more loose style, and the guys have great chemistry for jokes and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5GgCNy1RA0

Though if you weren't a fan of the Wilford Brimley impression you may wanna skip a couple episodes of WHM too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYnfcijp_8

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I wasn't much into BIOOS but Eric for sure brings a ton to WHM and the Hooker thing seems interesting. I'd for sure chalk it up to the show itself not working well than either of the personalities.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BigRed0427 posted:

Everyone at work was staring at me while they were describing Herbert Hoover having a heart attack from seeing a Transformer. I couldn't stop laughing.

"His last words were 'gently caress!'"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Mrs Doubtfire is also really good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

END ME SCOOB posted:

Those dudes seem to be the current Draft Kings or similar, who get way too much VC money and toss it at podcasts as a loving blitz. Every show I listen to with ads has something from them save Idle Thumbs.

yea this is clearly a 'we got SO MUCH investment money holy poo poo look busy guys' thing. They're carpet bombing anyone who sells ads and unsurprisingly all the networks are buying because why would they turn away a money hose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Twitch posted:

From my experience being balding as gently caress, hair loss medication's an enormous rip off even when it works.

So I'm on topic: I think I've listened to that Shrek episode 3 or 4 times since last week. And I don't even dislike Shrek.

I'll maintain despite inspiring waves of knockoffs Shrek was a solid 'raunchy kid movie' but the episode on it was golden.