Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Woo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Is it really 30 minutes before Luke shows up?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I don't know why no one mentioned Christopher Walken. Walken vs Cage would be pretty amazing.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Eh, I think as a kid you don't really care as much about quality of stuff, you either like it or you're bored with it, like Alex Fernie said.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Illinois Smith posted:

I liked it a lot but after the scene where the mom gets killed I expected it to be a lot bloodier than it ended up being. And as insane and fun as Hauer's performance is, Kosugi's fight scene at the very end mainly made me wish I had just watched a movie with him as a blind swordsman.

That's always the problem with needing a "name" to play the lead in an action movie when they're the least skilled at doing stunts or fight scenes.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, anybody covering Josie and the Pussycats on a bad movie podcast has made a terrible mistake.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

I don't know. I originally didn't like HDTGM, but they won me over; and I'll defend it. They are pretty funny and do movies that are more accessible then, say, WHM. They can be entertaining even if you haven't seen the films they review. I see maybe one out of every 15 movies WHM does, and their episodes can drag in a way HDTGM doesn't. This past week's episode was an exception, the Jupiter Ascending episode was pretty much trash.

Next week's episode is going to be awesome though. TMNT 2, with a vague promise for TMNT 3 in a future episode

e: Jason's reaction to the second opinions theme was pretty hilarious though.

He's right though, it's terrible. They should've stuck with this one all along.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'm still in the back catalog for We Hate Movies, and I only just started following along with the newest ones as well with this Summer Blockbuster Month, so I don't know how frequently they do this or when it started, but I really like the way they've had more people on episodes. They seem to have an even better time and bounce off each other better when there are more people in the room.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I remember as a kid being sad that the dragon dies at the end, but I didn't remember that whole "faking being slain to make money" thing at all.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I thought The Matrix Revolutions was one of the funniest episodes WHM has ever done. The riff on the world of Agent Smiths had me laughing harder than I almost ever do at a podcast these days.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Another funny thing is, Andrew's suggestion that the Smiths should have combined into a Smithzilla actually happens in one of the video games.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
https://youtu.be/mAK5AP-zbW8?t=1431

The final cutscene in Path of Neo is set to "We Are The Champions".

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I just posted that directly above you, at the time stamp where they come out and talk about that, if you want to see what they actually say.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

I remember seeing Reloaded in on opening day, getting to the orgy scene, and then my love of the franchise begin to die. I was so hyped for the movie, game, Animatrix...then it was all garbage ..

Yeah, I was a child when the Matrix was a big deal so I wasn't as critical as an adult might have been, but that orgy scene really brought Reloaded down so much. But it informed us that Neo and Trinity love each other and Zion's citizens are weird and crazy outsiders who just feel the music, maaaan, so I guess it was necessary.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
This explains why Jupin was randomly tweeting about how great Chris Cabin is a week or two ago.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
That movie seems like too much of a hornet's nest for them to cover anyway.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
As a kid I got a kick out of the twist on who the bad guy is.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Based on my limited listening to the Flophouse, Elliot is obnoxious, but those other two guys never seem to say anything funny at all.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
This may be the first time the question of whether they'd do an episode about a movie in which a guy gets blown by a famous actress on camera has come up(no pun intended).

Beeez
May 28, 2012
They may also think that there's not much else that people can mock it for after Vincent Gallo had that feud with Roger Ebert and later admitted he acted an rear end.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Jason's a big sap, June is a crazy person, and Paul is a weirdo who's a new father. I imagine those may be the reasons they cry all the time.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Sometimes Blame it On Outer Space is very boring, other times it has Szyszka saying Szyszka things, and because he is the funniest one on WHM, its good. It also has a :krad: theme.

Steve is the funniest one on WHM, though.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Now I feel bad I said Steve is the funniest on WHM. I STILL THINK YOU'RE FUNNY, ERIC!

Beeez
May 28, 2012

BlameSpacePod posted:

I knew I shouldn't have commented! I didn't comment to be called funny, just to explain the behind the scenes issues with BIOOS and why it was arranged the way it was. For some reason 90% of WHM discussion is who is the funniest. Let's talk about something else like how it's COLUMBUS DAY, JEREMY!

I'm just joking, I do think you're a funny guy but I know you don't need the reassurance. I wonder if Trickster has moved onto apps at this point or if he's gone the way of so many '90s games companies.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
If by dating you mean "married with a baby boy", then I guess? But they met through the UCB, because they're both comedians/actors.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

PUGGERNAUT posted:

It's weird that We Hate Movies comes across as so much less mean spirited. You wouldn't think so from the title, but they're very good about pointing out when things actually DO work, even in a lovely movie. The only one that I remember them passionately hating was North, which is probably justified.

Less mean spirited than whom? The people on HDTGM always seem like they're having a blast to me and enjoy parts of virtually every movie they do.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I've heard them talk about just walking around and deciding to go see a movie, any movie, which is frankly a baffling practice to me. I never go see a film in theaters unless I've planned to or someone asks me and I've got a reasonable interest in the film/they promise to get me trashed.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. But that's the irony: They Love Movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

well why not posted:

Paul Scheer's new show is about some reality TV program?

Pretty sure he's not the host, it's Casey Wilson and Danielle Schneider.