Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Flop House is the only bad movie podcast I listen to at this point; It's great and Elliot is fine, he's got a weird voice and high energy but his bits hit way more than they miss. If you think he's annoying, go listen to one of the first 6 episodes with the original 3rd co-host. THAT guy was so grating I gave up on listening to those - he may have a "normal" voice but he's got even more energy and a greater predilection for stepping all over Dan and Stuart, all with absolutely no charm or charisma.

Their Book of Henry episode was everything I'd hoped it would be. When I heard "Book of Henry was so bad it got Colin Treverow fired from Star Wars," I knew it was going to be Flop House material. To be fair to Mr. Trevorow, however, I don't think the greatest director in the world could've saved a script about "Precocious child genius dies and leaves his mother detailed instructions on how to commit a murder."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

I don't think it's gotten bad with Elliot skyping in, but I do think they can do better. MBMBAM and Greatest Gen both Skype record and they're much more seamless.

Definitely. You'd think somebody in the MaxFun family would reach out and walk them through using Audacity and stitching the files together.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Just wait until Paul works with somebody involved with the production, at which point the episode will disappear from the archive and he will never so much whisper a negative thing about it again

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

TetsuoTW posted:

lol what? i stopped paying attention to that show long ago so fill me in

For a while the Smurfs and Green Lantern episodes (very early in the run) were missing from the archive, with no official explanation as to why. Speculation was that Smurfs was removed because Jayma Mays had a recurring role on The League at the time. It appears that they're both back now - behind the Howl/Stitcher paywall, of course.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Still enjoy Flop House but the bicoastal recording his definitely impacted the show in subtle ways. I suspect its why they've cut down on the number of insane tangents.

Laterite posted:

Answer: The ActionBoyz

ACTION BOYZ

I'M NOT MAD

I JUST WANT TO KNOW

DID YOU FINGER MY WIFE

I'M NOT MAD

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Wow

Also, is Norm Macdonald Joe Bob's bastard son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Flop House did a live reading of The Boy Next Door script last night to make good on a goal they set during their BLM fundraiser stream last month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9QahFB7Yow

What they apparently DIDN'T realize beforehand - and a highlight of the stream is definitely watching it dawn on them - was that they were reading the first draft, not the shooting script. There are a ton of differences from the actual movie, including two pretty wild things where they agree in the end that the studio made the right call on changing (The titular boy next door is definitively underage, not a 19 year old returning to high school after missing a year due to personal hardship, and his motivation/obsession with older women is born out of the fact that his mother molested him until she took her own life due to guilt.)