Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I'm listening through some old WHMs because I haven't heard them before and there are some real gems throughout the Poison Ivy episode. With the tall glasses of water revelation (I always thought they were talking about beer) they definitely sound a lot more stoney in these earlier ones as well.

"Beethoven is the John Candy of dog acting."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

"__________________ is LITERALLY, INSANE!"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

flesh dance posted:

When they manage to stick to the topic for five consecutive minutes it's great, but half the show is off-topic garbage banter and it's never funny or worth anything. Just a whole lot of them bickering back and forth at length about how the other person is talking into the mic wrong, making a point of eating while recording (gross), one of them having an awkward phone conversation with his mother and leaving it in? Maybe I'll skip ahead a few eps to see if they get better at podcasting :/

That's exactly what I thought and I think I made it about as far as you :( The premise is amazing but I want them to talk more about the movie.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Is the Animatrix actually really bad? I remember liking it when I was 16 and had a few tall glasses of water. Only ever watched it the one time. I remember there was a black and white film that was good and was a prequel to the first movie.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I Am Sam is like the quintessential "full retard" movie, I'd rather see them do that than a lame but otherwise inoffensive football movie.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Cat's Eye for Louie Anderson's cat hot-dogs and Day After Tomorrow for a follow up Louie Anderson goof

The Duke
May 19, 2004

A Meat posted:

I wish their Jim Belushi impression was a fictional character

CYANONBALLLLL!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Eric seems like a chill dude, I'm glad he posts on here sometimes. Really been cracking me up on these last couple episodes too, keep up the good work!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I swear he had Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead on there at some point but they never did an episode on it. I really hope that isn't the case with this one because I love that terrible movie!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Demon Knight rules and Crabin is a fuckin dope!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Excellent Adventure has that loving dope Extreme song so it's pretty debatable, I'd say.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Eric has an account named after blame it on outer space, he posts in the CineD thread sometimes

He's posted in this thread a couple of times too.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Going back to the Entourage episode, I laughed really hard at the way Eric says "I'm meat!" when describing the women of Entourage.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

laz0rbeak posted:

Also WHM has been very solid lately, but didn't really feel Con Air. I do love when podcasters ideas to fix a movie make it much worse, like their ideas about the Steve Buscemi character.

I wasn't really feeling it either. There were some good moments but I felt like they kind of rushed a few parts of the movie and didn't linger on some of the goofier stuff I was hoping they would. They didn't mention that part where Cyrus has left some ridiculous bomb behind in his cell and John Cusack dodges a horrible CGI door :( I did appreciate their goofs on how Cyrus goes through a wormhole at the end after flying off the firetruck where he lands on some rock crushing conveyor belt, which always cracked me up.

It was kind of funny having not seen the movie in years (after watching it dozens of times on HBO growing up) I never realized how much of the movie centers on getting Baby-O a needle.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Addicted to Love is a classic episode, in my opinion. Always been one of my favorites!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I thought the scenes with Ra flying around in space were kind of cool, actually.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Hollow Man WHM was great, that movie always cracked me up. I love how much they hate Greg Grunberg

The Duke
May 19, 2004

WHM is still great, the Suicide Squad episode was hilarious. I loved Eric's goof about spotting a crocodile person last time he went to Olive Garden.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Got my Portland tickets :getin: Hope they pick a good one!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

1st Portland show: Over the Top
2nd Portland show: Fantastic Four COLON Rise of the Silver Surfer

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Portland live show was great, I only watched Over the Top but it was awesome seeing WHM in person! I wanted to talk to them but by the time I got out of the bathroom they had been mobbed in the bar. Loved the music video they played at the start of the show and the cool shirt Jupin was wearing. Also I sat directly behind the guy who designs all their posters and shirts :)

The Duke
May 19, 2004

credburn posted:

That was one of my first episodes, too. Fantastic. I saw them in Portland a few weeks ago. My girlfriend didn't understand why anyone would want to sit in and listen to some guys talk about a lovely movie. "They're just having a conversation you're not part of."

Oh well! Saw MST3K live last weekend without her.

A couple of friends and I went to that show and my girlfriend who had never heard a single minute thought they were hilarious. I think it helped that we watched Over the Top a week beforehand so we were already talking about our favorite moments on the drive over. Also a couple of those $4 tall boys did wonders!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The almost return to one of my favorite old bits, Neo’s answering machine, in the NoES episode was hilarious. Also the nonstop Freddy impressions.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

“Getting pushed around in a wheelchair, getting hosed by a weirdo!”

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Eric incredulously saying “COLBY??? COLBY????!” is funny as hell for some reason, I just keep hearing it in my head after that last episode

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Andrew Jupin likes the Minions :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

“And it will truly be, a planet of Limp Bizkits”