Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I recently gave up on How Did This Get Made because the fake laughing and over reactions to every small thing were getting on my nerve. The "director's cut" episodes were always fantastic, and I might continue to check those out. I've been trying to get into We Hate Movies and The Flophouse, although I'm a little put off by how much they seem to dislike everything they've watched so far - except for We Hate Movies' love of I Come In Peace which is impossible to hate. I was going to check out Yeah, It's That Bad but I'm hearing so many negative things about it, and looking over the movie list it seems like they don't understand what a bad movie is. Oldboy, seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

They really liked hider in the house and invisible child. Also the glorious On Deadly Ground

Which 'they' are you referring to?

Mogambo posted:

Maybe you should actually listen to the Oldboy episode before you pass judgement. (The YITB boys tend to like a lot of the movies they watch.)

Alright, I'll give them a chance.

Edit: Yeah, I kind of feel bad judging them based just on other people's reviews and a list of movies they watched.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 17, 2013

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Maduo posted:

That would be We Hate Movies. The Flop House likes a few of their selections too, although the only one that comes to mind at the moment is Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.

It seems like a lot of the "bad movie" podcasts are unfairly constrained by their names. HDTGM especially seems to enjoy a lot of the stuff they watch.

I think it's fine for a bad movie podcast to like their movies, because I've always had the view that bad movies are movies that are bad on a technical level. That doesn't prevent them from being entertaining, so it's always possible to find good bad movies. I definitely did love HDTGM's enthusiasm when it came to movies they legitimately enjoyed. I'm 13 episodes into We Hate Movies, and the guys enjoyed Dead Heat and I Come In Peace. I've gotten the feeling they'll like more as they go on, because it looks like they tried to shovel some of the worst poo poo they knew about into their first few episodes. I haven't really listened to enough of the Flop House to accurately judge them. The Bad Movie Fiends seem to live for the enjoyable bad movies, which makes their audible despair when they come across truly bad ones pretty amusing. I've definitely gotten a lot of fun movies because of their recommendations. Alcohollywood covers bad movies, but I can't really think of them as a bad movie podcast since the bad movies are outnumbered by the good.

I've listened to basically the first five episodes of Yeah, It's That Bad, and also their Oldboy episode. I don't think they're for me. The editing thing doesn't bug me, but it's a lot of little things that really just turn me off. One problem was picking movies (Oldboy and Vanilla Sky) that they said they had seen multiple times prior to the viewing for the podcast, and which they had legitimately enjoyed as a good movie. I mean if they pick a good one by accident that's one thing, but to bill yourself as a bad movie podcast and go with movies you know are good - well that runs into the constraint that Maduo mentioned.

Another problem was they would spend creepily long amounts of time discussing how attracted they were to the various actresses in the film. The Uninvited was really bad about that because they spent over five minutes doing that before they even began talking about the movie.