Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Irish Joe posted:

I forget which episode it was, but Jason yelling at the woman who brought her baby to the show was the funniest thing HDTGM ever did.

"GIVE ME THAT BABY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

OldTennisCourt posted:

For a channel called Comedy Central they sure as hell had possibly the worst selection of movies I've ever seen. I think the highest quality movie they ever did was Ghostbusters 2 and UHF like once or twice.

I swear Comedy Central played Monty Python and the Holy Grail back in the day, and that's where I first saw it, but you have me doubting my memory...

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Random Stranger posted:

Here's what I called in with:

I'm hoping it can be their election day special.

I bet they get over a hundred perfectly good suggestions (and another hundred or so unsuitable ones :v: ), so there's little chance of any of us getting our selection, but half the people who suggested Foodfight were goons...

Wild in the Streets is so great, I hope they cover it.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Gyges posted:

I don't know why, but people completely ineligible of holding office getting elected is like the only thing that I can not accept in movies. Magic powers, demons, time traveling robots, killer alien clowns, some Steve Buscemi looking guy being a chick magnet? I'm on board. Someone not at least 35 and born in the US as President? I just can't roll with it.

The movie is a cautionary tale! If you lower the voting age to 18, the next thing you know they'll elect some rock star to senate and they'll lower the voting age even more and then they'll pass an amendment lowering the age of presidency and next thing you know, we have Jim Morrison Hitler for a president!

Seriously the movie is hilarious and worth a watch.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

weekly font posted:

Fairly certain tonight's WHM is Jason Goes to Hell, which may not be the worst Friday the 13th (they already did that) but it's easily the weirdest.

What IS the one they've already done? I'm going to look it up as soon as I'm home but I need to know what you/they think is the worst. (5?)

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I seem to remember reading in the horror thread that the production was just horrible, with key people getting fired and rewrites and such going on even when they were filming, so it's probably a combination of the late 90s post-Scream winks at the camera and just a production trying to finish a movie.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This is my main problem with HDTGM. On the Flop House and We Hate Movies, I feel like I don't need to see the movie to understand the conversation, but HDTGM makes me feel like I do. And that would be fine if it wasn't a bad movie podcast. I don't wanna see Goobie to get the most out of a comedy podcast

geuwbie

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Well, the Monkey Shines episode is a great episode of HDTGM if you want to hear June maybe going completely insane towards the end.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

bobkatt013 posted:

No that was Bill

Keanu had an uncredited role as the Dog Boy

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

It's also tiring when they try to shoehorn her into the "expert" bit. It used to be she'd say a bunch of stuff from her understanding and be labeled a laser expert, but now it's like "that car just looked really weird to me"
Jason: are you saying you're a car expert June?

(I still love the show)

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Heteroy posted:

It may just be a matter of seeing Bogus Journey way before Excellent Adventure, but I enjoy it much more. Excellent Adventure felt a bit empty and plodding when I finally got around to seeing it.

I feel the same way and have legit seen Bogus Journey 10+ times and Excellent Adventure 2-3.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Tracula posted:

Few months ago I said as much personally. June is always forcing how ignorant she is about movies and whatever is going on.

It seems like, at least for live shows, Paul and especially Jason are jumping at any opportunity. The moment June says anything, even stuff not very crazy, Jason will jump in and be like "Are you saying you're an expert in this June?" Or "wait wait wait, are you saying you think *a big leap of faith of what she said*".

I still like the show but it's a bummer when they have to stick to their schtick for the live audience.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I assumed it was a combination of him being a weirdo and also probably at the tail end of one of those super long press junkets where they just do interview after interview.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Chairman Capone posted:

Didn't Earwolf do one that's entirely about the Halloween franchise?

They did In Voorhees We Trust with Gourley and Rust on Stitcher Premium about Friday the 13th. They’ve pretty heavily hinted they want to do another season and likely will be about Halloween since it’s a big touchstone for Gourley.

I highly recommend it. Each episode is roughly twice as long as each movie they cover.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Human Tornada posted:

Amy Nicholson and I wanna say Paul Scheer did a Halloween franchise podcast, I think.

Was this any good? I listened to the preview but it was just Paul and Matt being silly for an hour and it gave me the impression that the podcast was more of an excuse for the two of them to riff together than actually talk about the movies.

I liked it a lot, and the preview is both very accurate (it’s an excuse for them to riff) but they do talk about the movies pretty in-depth. Paul’s a legit F13 fan and Matt is pretty big into horror although it seems like most of his F13 stuff comes from watching them years ago (they watch all the movies before the episodes). But they talk an awful lot about the movies, more than say U Talkin U2 To Me.

All that said, if you want to hear them be dorky and geek out over horror for 3 hours (which isn’t a joke, most of the episodes hover in the 2-3 hour mark) it’s a lot of fun because they’re very positive and try not to come down too hard on the movies while still having opinions on them (neither are big Kane Hodder fans, although Rust came down harder on Billy Crystal than anyone else I can think of in the limited run).

If you don’t want fuckarounds, it might be the last podcast you’d want to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

DynamicSloth posted:

Turns out Drop Dead Fred made for a beautiful HDTGM, probably the most genuinely divided panel ever heard on any bad movie podcast and it get's vicious real fast.

Zukes/June have the correct opinion.

I was about to post this, although if you hate them yelling, this isn’t for you. But they did legitimately sound heated. Hell, I was heated listening.

Because like you said, Zouks and June are right.