Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Calm.jpg

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

TIL there's a luchador stable called Puerquiza Extrema with awesome names like Pig Destructor and Pig Decapitador, just a bunch of really fat & beefy hardcore boys.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Bullet Club members timeline on wikipedia, including such luminaries as Scott Norton and Gates of Agony, who were members for roughly two days of a Tag League tour

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Honestly at this point, what even is Bullet Club anymore?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

House of Torture, War Dogs, plus Miscellaneous guys who could team with either side and outside of Taiji Ishimori should just retire

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I just want Pieter back...

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Respectfully

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

SG Bamboo posted:

The Bullet Club members timeline on wikipedia, including such luminaries as Scott Norton and Gates of Agony, who were members for roughly two days of a Tag League tour

Cody Hall was in Bullet Club longer than Prince Devitt.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
huge shout out to everyone's favorite bone soldier

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I’ve always wondered if the wrestlers themselves had any say in quotes like that in the old magazines. I just assumed it was like a Wild West of throwing some bullshit in and attributing it to someone in kayfabe. Anyone know what they actually did?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

From reading that it really comes across as the same writer. The voice seems consistent to me

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

"My name is Paul Heyman and I am the advocate for the Hidden Great White Brotherhood of Tibet..."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’ve always wondered if the wrestlers themselves had any say in quotes like that in the old magazines. I just assumed it was like a Wild West of throwing some bullshit in and attributing it to someone in kayfabe. Anyone know what they actually did?

it was all bullshit

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ganso Bomb posted:

I've posted this before, but in case anyone hasn't read it, here's a wonderful article about the inner workings of Pro Wrestling Illustrated and its sister magazines

https://www.popmatters.com/its-all-true-weston-magazines-and-wrestlings-creative-journalism-2495389852.html?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

I've posted this before, but in case anyone hasn't read it, here's a wonderful article about the inner workings of Pro Wrestling Illustrated and its sister magazines

https://www.popmatters.com/its-all-true-weston-magazines-and-wrestlings-creative-journalism-2495389852.html?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

Oh this is gonna be a fun read, thank you!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maki Itoh chokes out Shino Suzuki backstage to send a message to her upcoming opponent Minoru Suzuki (no relation)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

SG Bamboo posted:

Maki Itoh chokes out Shino Suzuki backstage to send a message to her upcoming opponent Minoru Suzuki (no relation)

Wasn't that her tag partner from that show?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Exactly, Itoh winning that GCW belt has made her extra unhinged

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't know if this is the best place to put this, but there is no "Wrestling Figures" thread, so rather than tell Matt Cardona, I thought I would put it here.

I am an ESL teacher currently living in small town Hokkaido...

go to toudoukan next time you're down in tokyo if you haven't yet

also, im an indie photographer, shoot for gcw mostly, would y'all want to see some of that work in here?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Some guy on reddit subbed the backstage promo where Ito choked out Suzuki.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Choom Gangster posted:

also, im an indie photographer, shoot for gcw mostly, would y'all want to see some of that work in here?
Yes

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Choom Gangster posted:

go to toudoukan next time you're down in tokyo if you haven't yet

Absolutely yes to both things in this post

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Ahh yes the Non Union Mexican Equivalents; Colby Robes, Page or Gia Piply and MC Phil

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

dudes neck is hosed up man

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

ARMBAR A COP posted:

dudes neck is hosed up man

Not as much as the real Cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

super macho dude posted:

TIL there's a luchador stable called Puerquiza Extrema with awesome names like Pig Destructor and Pig Decapitador, just a bunch of really fat & beefy hardcore boys.

These dudes are must watch on Mas Lucha’s YouTube. They had a pretty good brawl with La Famlia Real a few back.