Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Kifisonfire posted:

So apparently this is from a toy series which took the wrestler's finishers literally and now I need to find more of them

I never noticed before that the lion appears to actually be a housecat with a mane added on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Ozz81 posted:

quote="Paper Jam Dipper" post="412423305"]
The best part about botching a vertical suplex is that you are really just turning it into a brainbuster :v:

Put Miz in a match with Generico, he'll show how it's done right!

He's aged relatively well...what's the belt he's holding? It's got the WCW (or similar) logo but I don't remember ever seeing a silver belt like that when WCW was still around...custom title? From a different indie fed?
[/quote]

Like PJD said, it's custom. A "career legacy belt" made by Top Rope Belts, the same place that makes all of Hardy's custom belts and the one Helms wore to the ring on National Pro Wrestling Day.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Ozz81 posted:

All things considered, it's not a bad looking custom belt. Especially with all the goofy bling/face belts over the last few years.

Agreed. It's a tasteful representation of his career.

Helms' belt on the other hand .... I'm not sure about :

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Somebody mentioned Teddy Hart and his Amazing Wrestling Cats in the YouTube thread, and thus...

I like to think he was too cheap to buy his own gear during a tour of Mexico and bought some Exotico's second-hand because it had hearts on it.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Don't really care for it. All the gaudiness of the spinner without the flair. Looks like something an Elvis Impersonator would wear while he's on the Vegas Strip. Or something Andrew Lazarchik would make as an example to show the company.

Speaking of which:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

HUSTLE had two championships: The Hustle Hardcore Hero Championship, which was represented by a giant spiked baseball bat,

and the Hustle Super Tag Team Championships, which were more traditional.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

This would be much cooler without the logos so huge on the side panels. There are just way too many logos staring at you. Of course, it would look completely different around a guy's waist/over a guy's shoulder, but straight on the amount of logos is just jarring.

That being said, it's a pretty cool looking belt.

Edit: Where did you find this, anyway? I love belt stuff and would love to read more about this kind of thing.

I linked an article a couple pages back on the guy who made them. He owns Wildcat Belts and made that Intercontinental one to show them he could design belts as well, but they didn't end up using it.

OmegaBR posted:

Don't really care for it. All the gaudiness of the spinner without the flair. Looks like something an Elvis Impersonator would wear while he's on the Vegas Strip. Or something Andrew Lazarchik would make as an example to show the company.

Speaking of which:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

RudoReels on twitter thought so too, but apparently Chavo grabbed that mask from the crowd and put it on Rey's head. Also of note its the only picture of Rey from that match on the Superbrawl pictures.

I thought that looked like an Olimpico mask and not one of Rey's.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I like how many people keep saying, "Wow, without his mask he's actually good looking!" as if only hideous people wear masks.

To be fair, I've seen Kobald unmasked, and, no disrespect, but I see why he went that route.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Mayostard posted:

I wonder what cheesy Swedish sounding name they will give her. Couldn't be any worse than American Gladiators' Hellga.

That was Hogan's idea of course.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Cactus Jack posted:

I don't understand why they are dumping so much money on this lovely gimmick.

Just part of the "refuses to debut" gimmick. The more attention he gets and the more he doesn't wrestle, the more heat he gets. In theory anyway.

Personally I think he's going to have the most elaborate Wrestlemania entrance ever. Showgirls, lasers, balloons, confetti, pyro, fire, tigers jumping through hoops - the whole nine yards.

And then he still refuses to compete because it's too cold or something.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

TL posted:

I think they've outdone themselves this time. Holy crap:

Seems a little unnecessary but I guess it'll make for some good aerial shots.

Hope it doesn't rain.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Thought it was just engraved into the gold rather than the bold, black print, but yeah, it's hard to tell. Either they haven't finished his plate yet or perhaps they're moving away from having the name on the belt now that the new WWE Title doesn't have it (although it does have the custom sideplates, so who knows.)

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Gavok posted:

I never did show you guys what I got for Christmas.

Is that what they look like? All dotted and not solid?

Looks like you're ready to rob a bank.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

The new Right Coast Pro belt done by Top Rope Belts is one of the most elegant I've ever seen. Kind of a weird fit when you check out RCP's website and their roster and all though, but still.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

MrBling posted:

I'm pretty sure there was never an official WCW dvd release of any sort, since they went out of business before dvds really took off as a thing for wrestling. Lots of VHS releases though.

There was a single official WCW DVD while they were in business: A Millionaires Club vs. New Blood compilation (that also included some footage from the formation of the nWo for context,) that was released in Japan.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Doubtful considering Show is supposed to be hurt and that looks like Mysterio in the background, who is also hurt.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Did they just go to a justice of the peace?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Suleman posted:

Also, I hadn't seen a good full shot of the Undertaker's most recent entrance gear before. It's a bit too much, even for Taker.

The floppy spikes on the side don't really help with the intimidation factor.

In fact, I think he removed them after he wore it the first time.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Can anyone decipher the ticket prices?

Based on the champions on the poster, it's likely from the UK.

I'm told that the UK and Ireland used to have a base-12 currency system, and would in 1950.

Two shillings was known as 2/- and is equal to 10p in the modern decimal system.

A half crown was known as 2/6 and is equal to 12.5p

I'm no math expert, but the 3/6 would probably be 17.5p and 4/6 would be 22.5p

That could be inaccurate so maybe someone knows more about that system.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

My guess is that latest snake and that jagged RKO. Basically the front of this shirt:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Perfidus posted:

I thought he was gay.

He is/was bisexual.

Also Jesse Neal got married to Brittany Savage.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Notice how Coming is in bold.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Before he was competing for the TNA World Title, Magnus was known as Oblivion on Gladiators.

He even had his own action figure!

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Does it come with a flashlight that zaps Undertaker of his powers?

Seriously though, considering they already sell replica Slammys and now replica ring bells, WWE could offer replica urns at a huge markup.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

ECW Arena's bathroom last night:

Dare I say, it still looks better than it used to.

Any other photos?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I've seen a couple jackets up for sale on toudoukan (Japanese wrestling/MMA thrift store) before. No idea on the quality, but they didn't mention belonging to any specific wrestlers. I heard a rumor you could buy one as a tourist but it would be lower quality compared to the ones wrestlers get. Sort of like buying a replica.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Mayostard posted:

Who is that between Daffney and Maria?

Traci Brooks.

I seem to remember rumors that he dated Mickie James at some point back in the early TNA days as well. And while it was never substantiated, I could buy him being one of the people that Kelly Kelly was "naive" with.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Yep, I'd say a Blackberry Bold.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

LightsGameraAction posted:

Was the R-star actually a new plate, or was it just a sticker? I could never tell but it always looked like a sticker to me.

It was a new plate.

On the subject of ugly belts, almost every self-commissioned "legacy" belt could be nominated. Jeff Hardy's, Hurricane Helms', Shannon Moore's, etc.

The Blue Demon Jr. belt isn't too bad though.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I can think of at least two kinds of needles he oughta stop using....

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Granted the celebrity gimmick couldn't last forever, but I wonder just how competitive restaurants are in a place like that. I mean, just because it's the biggest mall in the nation doesn't guarantee success.

Case in point, NBC had a competition to find the next greatest franchise, with the winner getting three start-up locations, and one of the locations was at the Mall of America. It closed within two months.

Side-bar, if John Cena got a restaurant, what would it be? John Cena's Thug-O-Nuggets?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Sionistic posted:

Vince is starting to look like what Backlund used to look like

I actually thought it was Johnny Ace at first glance.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

The Coke-smic Key?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

bradzilla posted:

They really only brought one loving ring apron to Europe? Assuming the tape is covering up "NETWORK"

It is, and they probably have it on all their aprons now. Like how back in the day they all say WWF.com on one side.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

MiketheGreat posted:

Just some dumb doodle I made after getting tired of Cena's poo poo on Raw

That's wonderful. Great reference.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

I guess being straight-edge means he didn't blow all his money on booze and drugs like so many other ex-wrestlers.

Gotta watch that Starbucks addiction. Those Blackberry Mojito Iced Tea Lemonades rack up.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Herr Tog posted:

Is this a real thing?

Yes it is. As a non-coffee drinker, it's the only thing I've actively ordered from their menu on a regular basis. (They aren't currently up on the menu board, but the regular and Target locations can still make them. Barnes & Noble ones don't.)

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Bring Back Noid posted:

the loving strap on that belt is 20 feet wide jesus christ

I thought the same thing. Then I remembered that the first champion was Big E and how it looked just right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Seth Rollins was the first champion. He never wore it around his waist, but he whipped it around like crazy above his head.

Ah, my mistake, you're right. And he beat Jinder Mahal of all people.