Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I maintain somewhere there is a gaudy airbrushed-on-the-back-of-a-leather-jacket portrait of Jimmy Hart getting older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Been too long since we've seen a big ol' roid-gut in the WWE. Road Warrior Animal would be proud.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If you can guess who this is, I'll be VERY impressed.

BUY HIS DVD! 1000 COPIES!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Who would have guessed Dean Ambrose's body and head + Seth Rollins' face = Damien Sandow.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

What was his gimmick in NJPW? I remember seeing a match of his, but I didn't get any gimmick other than "cool flippy guy who is good at this wrestling malarkey"

Because I agree, looking at him dressed in a suit, he would be perfect for the gimmick of mild mannered put upon accountant that snaps and wrecks the poo poo of all around him.

His gimmick in New Japan, during his peak there, was the leader of Bullet Club, an evil gaijin stable.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 12, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

If he wasn't already known in WWE, that would be a solid gimmick to start with. Just make it a string of legends and half truths. Did he lose it in a violent match? A jealous rival gouged it out? Bad optometrist?

Plus he could be set up to do Luchas de Apuestas matches putting removing it on the line.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Okada is apparently spending the day at YTR's sports bar.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Antonio Inoki is closer to being a real-life Iron Chef's Chairman Kaga than Takeshi Kaga ever was.

I got Takeshi Kaga and Takeshi Kitano mixed up.

Now I REALLY want Inoki's Castle.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Just reminds me how much South Park wasted their opportunity when they done the wrestling episode, they didn't have Edge with the flappy, unconnected head like all the other Canadians.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If any picture was begging for a Botchamania Zandig sample.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Could someone explain the "Titty Master" reference, please?

At a house show, he had "Titty Master" written on his wrist tape.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Same here. I've always loved all three of these guys. For whatever reason, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Bam Bam Bigelow.

(for some reason = because he ruled, obviously)

He was a near-400lb dude who done moonsaults.

Ain't no guilt in loving that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Bryan's writing it himself isn't he? I read Edge's book and he wrote it by himself. it was pretty good.

Edge actually trained to be a journalist, so it stands to reason his book was pretty good :eng101:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It looks like wrestling Cromartie.

Owns.

Especially the guy at the back dressed as Gundam.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

LvK posted:

well, what, it already has Akira Maeda, isn't that enough for you

(also the first volume [iirc] of the manga has a fantastic wrestling side story with two wrestlers backstage at a big show, and it's fantastic, and I would buy an entire series of it gladly)

Also, Yoshihiro Takayama plays Takenouchi in the live-action version.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Spikeguy posted:

I really don't understand why WWE wrestlers have to do that kind of schedule other than the fact that that's how they always did it. One day people will look back at the schedule the way we look back at chair shots from the late 90s.

Especially when it's easily demonstrable that a lighter schedule = longer career. See: The fact that Yuji Nagata, Minoru Suzuki and Manabu Nakanishi are still working and doing, at worst (let's be honest, Nakanishi), decent work.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

rovert posted:

Yeah a lot of the FCW/early NXT names were super, duper Irish ones for whatever reason. Which is one of the reasons why Chris Hero decided to take such a left field direction with Kassius Ohno.

Doesn't Vince have a well-known thing about Irish surnames?

I mean, "Hogan" is a really Irish surname.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

According to the names on the check that's from Titus, Darren, and Jenn personally.

They donated thousands of dollars.

Thousands of dollars.

It's the same dance, just not as enthusiastic.