Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Did somebody say crossover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

:colbert:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Here's Andre with Dwayne Johnson, AKA some kid who'd go on to be the most electrifying man in sports and entertainment.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I thought Archer made this up. I should've known better.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TenaciousJ posted:

What does Nickelodeon Guts have to do with MMA or wrestling?
Edit: I'm an idiot.

But the real Nickelodeon Guys WAS filmed in the Impact Zone.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If I get to watch Scott Hall get thinner and more clear-headed, this is going to be awe-inspiring.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

HulkaMatt posted:

What part about picture thread don't you guys understand???

We could always institute the MEGARULE, and probate anybody who doesn't have a picture in their post, but that sounds like a hell of a lot of work.

Also belts:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The word "omninous" comes to mind.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If we get the Legion of Boom tonight, I'm going to mark so loving hard.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I guess you're not watching right now?
I'm on the west coast and din't get home from work until about half an hour ago.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Die Laughing posted:

"It's me, Charles! It's me, Charles! It was me all along, Charles!"
Congrats on getting this quote right for the first time in the history of the internet.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

WHACHADOING?HOLYCOW! WHACHADOING?HOLYCOW! WHACHADOINGWHACHADOINGWHACHADOING HOLYYYYYYCOOOOOOW!
God drat you for ruining this for me.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

sexy_trash posted:

A ZR/DZ sticker!
A what?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm really worried about Hall's surgery today considering he's going to have to take painkillers.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jefferoo posted:

Captains of Industry. Titans of our time.
Is that just Bischoff carrying the belt, or did he win it at some point and I blocked it out?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It was weird watching the nWo go on forever without end when The Flock had a proper breakup and made some stars in the process. Kidman going on to win the Cruiserweight title the next night after turning face by saving Saturn is a wrestling memory I like quite a bit.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Deadpool posted:

Jesus. What a mess.
The best part is that there's very clearly a computer with a flatscreen monitor behind him.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That was my favorite thing that's happened in this thread right there.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I love that even now, Rock wears his wrestling shirts around town.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Somebody took that man's skeleton! :gonk:
His only regret... is that he had... boneitis.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Not just any spot. Not a liver spot. Not a spot like your dog, spot.

My spot!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Live sex celebration. That's a thing that happened. That's a thing that happened several years after the attitude era ended, and several more after Vince Russo left the WWF.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I Before E posted:

Maybe he's born with it, maybe it's MAY 19TH GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
The worst thing that has ever happened to me happened on May 19th of last year, and Kane is the reason I will never forget the date.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There is literally no reason to think he won't be there. None. Nada. Zip. Zero. Nothing has hinted toward it, nothing would be accomplished, he's advertised, and it's in Chicago.

This farce needs to stop.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

HulkaMatt posted:

Like Seriously, even though he is most likely going to show up tonight: HIS LAST APPEARANCE WAS WALKING OUT ON THE WWE AND AWAY FROM PAUL HEYMAN. WE HAVE NOT HEARD A WORD FROM HIM SINCE ON TV. Stop acting like Jericho booking a match against CM Punk via Paul Heyman isn't questionable in any way.
Has this been played up when I wasn't paying attention, or is it just goons insisting there's subtext despite the fact that booking Punk in Chicago and having him not show up will kill the town completely dead?

Edit: Even if what you're saying is true, the logical conslusion to draw is that he'd show up to punch Heyman, not no-show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've been saying since he debuted that Brad Maddox is a better Garrett Bischoff than Garrett Bischoff. He even looks more like Eric than Garrett does.
You just blew my mind.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bard Maddox posted:

No... it can't be true... :negative:
Why is Hulk Hogan dressed up as Mr. America?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Perfidus posted:

Oh come on.
Yip yip yip. What it do.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Can somebody fill me in?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Karmine posted:

It's El Generico? Not sure what's ambiguous here.
I don't know who that is, beyond hearing his name mentioned here a number of times. So anybody who doesn't follow indies wouldn't really get what's going on.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Karmine posted:

That guy Sami Zayn in developmental who everyone is going apeshit over?

Same guy.

How is it even possible that you post on this forum and don't know who he is?
I know they're the same guy, but that answers nothing, since I've never seen the guy's mask and don't know anything about him aside from the fact that indie followers seem to like him.

sticklefifer posted:

El Generico was NXT's Sami Zayn under a mask in the indies for years and has a devout following. He got signed to WWE, not under the mask. NXT has also had Ricardo Rodriguez wrestle under a mask as El Local. Sami's been on a roll, but NXT champion Bo Dallas refuses to fight him. So this past week he showed up on NXT under a mask and fought him as El Local, but it's clearly a nod to El Generico. Cena apparently snapped a photo and put it up on Instagram for those in the know.

Also, watch NXT. It's good.
This is an answer. I now know why John Cena tweeted the thing he tweeted and why it means what it means. Thank you.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Karmine posted:

e: nevermind. Liquid should learn how to use google but that's all I'm gonna say.
How would you have googled a wrestler whose name you don't know using only a picture of his mask? I'm being serious here. Is there a way to do that?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Holy crap! That's awesome! Thank you!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Just to clarify: I'm not, like, proud of not following the indies. I just don't. In some cases, the production values make them unwatchable for me. As for Puro, I'd consider getting into it if there were a show I could watch on US television with an English-speaking announcer, but for now it's not only inaccessible, it's also a lot of work.

I only have so much leisure time, and tracking down promotions I might not like and figuring out how to watch their show isn't something I'm really interested in doing is all.

And I knew who Generico was. I'd just never seen him.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sadly, I don't have Hulu. I really liked the one episode I was able to watch, though.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Badass. Thanks. I always forget that Hulu still has a free component.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, Sinclair bought KOMO 4 here in Seattle, but at 1am on Saturday I'm usually out doing poo poo.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

flashy_mcflash posted:

Just posted this in another thread but here's Hulk Hogan in a cast pic from Santa With Muscles, featuring a little-known actress named Mila Kunis

I am now firmly convinced that the only reason Hulk hasn't taken credit for her becoming a star is that nobody has told him she's big now.

"She started off with no confidence, but I gave her the push she needed, brother."

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is that Regaldust? Because I honestly don't remember there being a Regaldust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MrTpug posted:

Steve and Marcy were named after Dusty Rhodes too
You just blew my mind.