Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Perfidus posted:

Wasn't their last name Darcy? Or am I thinking of Steve's replacement?
That was when Ted McGinley showed up and miraculously didn't get the show cancelled. He had a tendency to do that before Married with Children.

Is there a wrestling connection to Darcy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That comic got it all wrong. It's not "Oh yeah!" It's "Ooooooh YEEEAh!!"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CombineThresher posted:

He also joked that someone else, maybe Tyler Black, would be renamed John Weinerson in developmental. Bottom line is that Bryan Danielson is great.
"Hello, Mister Veinerson." :)
"It's pronounced Weinerson." :colbert:

"..." :geno:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chris Gaines posted:

"Something Awful forums poster <username>" sounds really loving dumb fyi
Post of the year.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jericho has always puffed up and slimmed right back down day to day in a way pretty typical of alcoholics.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Fat Twitter Man posted:

yeh. good fight.

also here is an avatar for someone.

I have never been happier to have suggested the idea that we merge the MMA and wrestling picture threads. I don't follow MMA, but this is just... jesus.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

We know Eddie was on the gas. It's what killed him, isn't it? Destroyed his heart?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Red posted:

I am morbidly curious, though - I wonder what the breakdown of deaths in the wrestling industry show? You have some deaths that are accidental (Owen), some murders (Dino Bravo, Bruiser Brody), health complications from morbid obesity (Yokozuna), and terminal disease (Earthquake) - but I'd have to assume 75%+ is drug-related somehow.
Somas and booze, I'd wager. Muscle relaxers and alcohol should just be called Wrestler Death at this point.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

whatsabattle posted:

Nah, she's too chipper these days to care.
Dude. :drat:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Perigryn posted:

Well, their dad is Mike Rotundo who I assume is Italian and their mom is Barry Windham's sister
This explains why Wyatt's first name is Windham. That used to be a tradition down south. My cousin, for example, has his mother's maiden name as his first name. Coincidentally, his name is Wyatt.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Space Cob posted:

EAT
SLEEP
REPEAT

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

John Cena posted:

Most posters here are still in their early 20s.
I very much doubt that, but it'd be interesting to see the demos.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I think it's pretty funny that they're both charging their iPhones.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Comma, period, period.

I'm a pedant.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

yea ok posted:

gently caress outta here
You first, dickfor.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's loving torturous to have somebody gently caress with your phobia. They're called phobias because there's no good reason to be afraid.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why do we all call it the winged eagle? All eagles have wings.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Edited to remove a bullshit sexist joke I'm not proud of.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Undisputed belt is the best. It's right there in the name!
It's certainly the best WWE design, but the Big Gold is always going to be the best.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

getitoffgetitoff posted:

What's his cutie mark??
I don't know what a cutie mark is, but I feel dumber having read this, so there's that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This was outstanding. Thank you.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

squarerandom posted:

Buy corn tortillas. Cut them up, pan fry them and put tomato sauce on them, then (put oxaca shredded cheese, optional) put on eggs and beans. Add tapatio to taste.
This, but Cholula instead of Mexican tabasco sauce. Or something that's actually spicy.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Does he have chaw in his lip, or is his water-spit gland just engorged in anticipation of an entrance?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

People talk all the time about how sad it is to see wrestlers stick around too long or wreck their bodies or not have saved their money. So while it's a shame that he's gone from wrestling, I can't help but be happy that Punk appears to be physically, emotionally and financially rock-solid and set to enjoy a long, healthy retirement. :)
We spent so long arguin over which Hogan-era or Attitude-era wrestller Punk was that we failed to see that he is actually Bruno.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bard Maddox posted:

Bruno was a draw
We were talking about wrestlers retiring happy and financially secure and you brought it all down. :(

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dr. Dirt posted:

Don't do it, mate. All of your accomplices will turn on you.
I think my favorite part about this joke is that it works on two fronts: the Sting's career reference, and the Dark Knight bank heist.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That is the definition of cool. Like, before cool just meant "whatever's hip," this is what cool was.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

By all accounts, ICP pay pretty well and are the least scummy wrestling promoters in America.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

rovert posted:

AJ Styles wearing a Fedora is probably the story of the weekend

That's not a fedora.

This is a fedora. It is worn by Inidiana Jones, who is awesome.

This:

is a trilby, worn exclusively by guys who look like this dork and Bray Wyatt. And now noted homophobe who thinks The President isn't The President, AJ Styles.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

birdlaw posted:

Confirmed: LividLiquid wears a fedora.
I have never worn a fedora.

But now this guy does.
<--------

My compliments to the prankster. This is a pretty good one.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I think that's actually a derby or a stetson.
My pedantry knows no bounds, and I've been bested!

(I'm on a media center PC and can't really tell. It's pretty small.)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sum Mors posted:

WWE must've been in Hawaii recently. If the latest issue of Rolling Stone taught me anything, its that Willie Nelson has a house in Hawaii he spends most of his off time at, and Harrelson, Kristofferson (and Owen Wilson) are all neighbors who get together and chill. Harrelson also says Willie will literally let you do odd jobs like sweep his house if you need money.
I've been trying to get into show business proper for the last three years sincerely, and all my life half-assing it, but my only big claim to fame has nothing to do with that. I co-wrote a terrible movie that impressed my mother-in-law when she bought it at Blockbuster. I wrote a play that was produced when I was nineteen. I've written two novels, but never bothered trying to get either published. I just wrapped a film as an assistant director.

My real claim to fame, though, is that I smoked pot with Willie Nelson in the mid-to-late nineties. I'm unclear on the year. My uncle was almost married to his daughter, Lana, for a few years. They lived down the road from one-another on neighboring ranches in Austin.

I was like, fourteen to sixteen at the time. Can't remember which. Dude passed a joint to me. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. I only met him once. I mostly knew his granddaughter Martha. But Willie's a class loving act, and a super nice dude. And yes, he smokes all of the weed.

Jerusalem posted:

So that one episode of King of the Hill was accurate? :aaa:
You've been mowing my lawn with a golf club? I want my quarter back!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

dsriggs posted:

...so is there A Thing this came from, or...?
Looks like he was interviewed for a local news program and didn't tell them he was in the wrestling business for the lower third as it wasn't pertinent to the story, so that's probably what it is.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yahtzee.

Edit: I love Cornette picking a fight with the builders. They only show a tiny clip of it, but you just know he cut a whole promo on the guy.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 29, 2014

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why is Wolfpac Steve Sting in the back there?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You're telling me that's not Wolfpac Sting wearing a hybrid of Kane and Rhino's ring gear?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

:stare:

Wha-

Uh...

I'm gonna' go.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I miss Whataburger.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yuriy posted:

Whataburger is the best "Holy poo poo it's 3 AM and I'm shitfaced" food place
You bet your rear end it is!

Also, Corny is healthier at the moment than he's been through most of his career. Dude can eat a burger (or chicken sandwich). It won't kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ZixTheYeti posted:

Must have because we all know TNA can't draw.