Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Got my key from Amazon US but Steam is refusing to download the expansion, do we have to wait for the Steam admins to wake up and fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

I'm amazed Firaxis seem to have gone the extra mile to make a US and RotW version so VPNing is impossible. It was already a retarded practise. Cool companies do global release days!

Are you sure that's what is going on? There seem to be plenty of Americans with US keys from Amazon, GMG etc who can't download the add-on.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Darkhold posted:

Finished my 4 person Classic run. Time to start the next run.

I've cleared all the new achievements aside from the two seeker ones. The kill a stealthed one detected by a special power seems to be at least a little bugged as I'm sure I did it a few times (maybe it doesn't count if they are killed by overwatching troops?). And I never had a solider actually strangled. I either detected them and killed them or later when I tried to deliberately bait them out they just de-cloaked on their own and took shots at me.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You're misunderstand the achievement, it's "Kill an unseen enemy detected by a specially modified soldier in single player". You detect enemies around a corner or below you with the skin genemod and drop a grenade or rocket on their rear end.

Operant posted:

I just had another bug where the first Progeny mission (Portent) fucks up and its impossible to interact with the VIP.

Most of these issues in council missions can be resolved by simply reloading.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think that was the plan for most of the maps, story mission maps are probably the same each time.

The first blacksite mission seems to always have the same main building layout, but I'm pretty sure the outskirts of the map varied. There's probably some completely static maps though.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Adnor posted:

Sadly, since last monday their XCOM 2 keys only activate in Brasil, but if you bought the game before that the keys are supposed to be region free.

Publishers keep messing with Nuuvem, I'm already resorting to secondary paypal accounts and virtual credit cards to buy my games cheap, now they're going for Brasil-only keys. :(
Where did you find the information about older keys being region free? I bought mine during the Xmas sales to get one of their free games, but I can't find anything on their twitter or FB feeds. I'd be really surprised if 2K actually gave them different sets of keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Adnor posted:

I asked in support after they added that and this is what they said:

Sweet, thanks for the information.

• Locked thread