Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I'm on my first playthrough, and I just had the base defense mission. I made it a habit of always unequipping all my troops who weren't in battle, which... was a problem for this one. There was maybe one regular Sectoid and tons of Mechtoids, Cyberdiscs, and Mutons and Berserkers, which meant I was plinking away at their HP with default weapons. I only lost one regular though.

I guess you never see any of the base security again, though? I threw up all of the base security as cannon fodder, and most of them performed that role admirably, but I had one girl who got knocked down to 1 HP on like the second turn and managed to see the whole mission through. She got something like five or six kills throughout the whole think, lots of which were low percentage shots, and I was looking forward to adding her to my crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I finally finished EW for the first time with about a week to spare. Not a bad final level but it ended up being very anticlimactic for me. I got into the final room with the Ethereals and the Mutons, started setting up along the railing, got all my psychic defenses in place, fired a rocket... and then my sniper with 120 Aim got a critical headshot on the final boss and killed it in one hit.

Psionics are really fun to play with, I'm excited that they're gonna be a major part of the second one.

• Locked thread