Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Segmentation Fault posted:

The amount of PC gamers who bought XCOM versus the amount of console gamers was probably so extreme that console ports weren't even warranted.

The console version didn't sell very well while Steamspy says that the PC version sold over 2.6 million copies, so it looks like you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Bholder posted:

So I think the turns were a bit off in this video to show off everything and be cinematic as possible, but did the enemy just attack in their activation turn?!

It was just for the demo:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

What have I missed in the stream?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Roobanguy posted:

oh gosh, beagle is going to just stay out of view via concealment and throw all his proximity mines at the super ethereal. thats the only reason i can think of for saving those proximity mines.

It would be the most fitting way to end this campaign, really.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Are those Sectoid punching bags I'm seeing in the Guerrilla Battle School? :allears:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

No chilean flag and it looks like all the spanish voices have a spanish accent :negative:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Cythereal posted:

This does seem likely, considering that Argentina is in the region labeled "New Chile" on the map.

Wait there's a New Chile but you can't give chilean flags to your soldiers? That's bullshit :argh:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Ziji posted:

I have a strong suspicion that importing other nationalities will be part of the modding tools, or at least hope it is!

I'm sure it will be super easy to add new nationalities. I doubt it will be much harder than search for a nationalities.txt file, add the name of the country in the list and then add a flag texture in a folder.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Ragingsheep posted:

Ideally, a South American goon would buy it from Nuuvem at half the price.

Sadly, since last monday their XCOM 2 keys only activate in Brasil, but if you bought the game before that the keys are supposed to be region free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Vodos posted:

Publishers keep messing with Nuuvem, I'm already resorting to secondary paypal accounts and virtual credit cards to buy my games cheap, now they're going for Brasil-only keys. :(
Where did you find the information about older keys being region free? I bought mine during the Xmas sales to get one of their free games, but I can't find anything on their twitter or FB feeds. I'd be really surprised if 2K actually gave them different sets of keys.

I asked in support after they added that and this is what they said:

Nuuvem Support posted:

As the regional restriction took effect from yesterday, 25/01 , everyone who purchased the game before that will receive the passkey normally, unrestricted region. = )

• Locked thread