Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

The explanation I heard is that you and XCOM are in possession of "something" that the aliens want, and they can't blow you up because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Ego Trip posted:

I don't want to alarm anyone, but XCOM 2 now has snaketits and tentacles.

I've already got my nexusmods account registered, Feb 5th can't come any faster.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

-Dethstryk- posted:

Nah, no silenced weapons. Garth in one of the videos I watched confirmed that. It's basically just escalating from concealment to loud as the mechanic.

I could've swore I saw a silencer on a rifle on beagle's stream yesterday. During the mission where one guy gets stuck on a roof after it blows up. Maybe it was a barrel extension?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

The Egypt/Arabia region is named "East Africa", which should go to the Somalia/Zanzibar coast region under it. :argh:

This will bug me every time I see it.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Dark Event #69: A cutscene triggers and it's Bradford and Vahlen in a dimly lit room on a bed doing adult hugs, then the camera pans so you can only see their silhouettes against the wall. Vahlen turns into a faceless and devours him whole.

Someone get a google doc set up and we'll collect em all.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I was planning on finishing XCOM EW before 2 came out but i forgot that exalt has rocket troops and they like to use their rockets quite often. Nothing like losing all but one of your troops above sergeant rank three months in.

:negative:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

The more I watch of this sequel the less I want to play my EW campaign :(

Don't feel so bad, I've already given up on mine! It's only 2.5-ish weeks left.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

LibbyM posted:

I don't order from GMG a lot. Do they give you your preorder key right away when you pay, or do you wait for an email some time later?

They'll send out an email when they release the product keys. If it's anything like other recent big releases they should release them soon after preloading starts.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

monster on a stick posted:

I remember when Max Payne 3 came out and everyone was HOLY poo poo 30GB

And they were right because IIRC it was mostly multiple copies of uncompressed pre-rendered cutscenes that only had the subtitles/language changed.

It took me a an entire week (~72 hours, can't use the internet while downloading) to download GTA V. PC gaming blows when you have bad internet.

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Mashed Potato posted:

Where did GMG say they wouldn't be giving out keys in time for pre-load? I had a look and couldn't find any statement from them saying this?

I don't think they'd do a blog post about it (do they even have a news feed or a blog?), it's just that they've released keys around the time the pre-load starts for a good while now. They did it for fallout 4 and just cause 3, I don't see why xcom 2 should be an exception.

• Locked thread