Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

RedRupee posted:

I just picked up the full game. I've been playing the demo for a few days and I played pretty much full-sacrifice during the demo and wanted my full character to be divine but it sounds like divine isn't really a viable way to play from what is being said here and on other boards. Is there any point in me trying to min-max a divine character or should I just go for Neutral or Dark?

Depends. Do you intend to play multiplayer? Because Divine characters are pretty drat useful when every other random gently caress is going full Dark and exploding as soon as a archfiend looks at them wrong.

In SP you'll just take longer to kill stuff, but it's not much of an issue at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SwiftStrikerInc posted:

So, I recently started playing this after getting it on PS+ and I'm just curious about 1 thing (which will decide if I keep playing it or not).

Do you *have* to keep playing the same levels over and over to progress through the stories? I'm currently fighting the minotaur and I'm running on empty and I feel like I probably shouldn't be and I'm not sure how I will even finish the fight (I am close to the end I believe) without just letting my partner do everything. Perhaps it's just not the game for me.

That's kind of the core of the game, yes. Grind missions for offerings -> upgrade offerings -> take on hew/harder missions until you start to struggle -> grind again.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Looks like SS-Delta will end up being released in the West :
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/01/yup-soul-sacrifice-delta-localized/

Excellent. Now we just need an official announcement with a release date.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Even though I played a good chunk of vanilla SS, Delta is quite overwhelming. Then again it's been months since I touched the game...

Homing and Explosive have taken a pretty big hit, getting a status hell on archfiends with those seems impossible.
Playing as Divine I'm not sure what my best options are for breaking cursed parts. Spear + Evasion is fantastic against sorcerers, but the ranged options are pretty bad.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

Is there any info out there on how the offering(s) chosen affect rumors / blank pages generated? It seems like I can't find any solid data on that.

Also, if I'm in Sanctuarium, what exactly does Sacrificing or Leaving to Fate do on the field? It says one Enhances Magic and the other Revitalizes Body but I have no clue what that actually translates to gameplay-wise. I'm assuming "Enhances Magic" refers to more than just the normal raising of the magic meter that sacrificing gives, because that would be just stupid.

Enhance gives you a temporary damage buff, revitalize gives you a temporary speed buff (similar to the circles you can find around the fields). You arm will glow red/green to indicate that the buff is active.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I wouldn't recommend Grim for farming offerings. Even playing like a champ, the randomness will gently caress you in the butt.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DeceasedHorse posted:

I haven't really noticed any appreciable differences in the offering I've been getting (I really wish they hadn't gone and made up their own names for everything -it's ok to just call spells spells guys) but I feel like I barely understand half the game as it is. Would you recommend a different pact?

Well, I guess Grim is peachy if you're not regularly getting Legendary Sorcerer results. If you're able to though, it can be very frustrating to get perfect results and still miss out on offerings. The better your score, the better your chances of getting all bonus offerings... but still no guarantee, unlike the other two pacts.

Grim is really fun though, so maybe stick with it all the way until you do a reset, and then try one of the other two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ended up making a black spear and ended up melting everything with it. That's some drat wonky balance.

Yup. I hit a wall some time ago and could not figure out a way to improve my character in a meaningful way, so I ended up giving up on the game. I should give it a shot again.

• Locked thread