Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."
I love the new monsters they've added in for Delta. The shift towards fairy tales fits in really well, and it adds a bit more goofiness to the macabre (but still sorta goofy) base game.

I am absolutely terrified of Red Riding Hood. At first I thought it was just a Cerberus type (which gave me a lot of hassle in the past until I learned how good shields are in most fights) but then it showed off its /other/ moves. I still have no idea how to kill it effectively, but I look forward to discovering it.

In all hunting action games I like running support builds, and I had assumed Sanctuarium would give me the best route for that, but beyond the healing amps and shield extend, there's not much to go on. I was hoping to make some kind off gimmicky Terrain/Healing build, or experimenting with Aboreals. Apparently you can cross-breed them to make a temporary invincibility buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

Emalde posted:

Support Chat 2014

I see! I really like the idea of making enemies burst into roses, I shall work that into my builds. When it comes to healing them, does that mean using the AOE heal skills only, or can I use the thrown heal (which is loving incredible by the way) once they're seeded?

Since you can 'reincarnate' once you reach 100, I may continue on my Sanct alignment for now, and go Grim on my second pass through.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

Wait, Pied Piper is found earliest at Rank 7? That's annoying, but doesn't that then mean it'd be really hard to get his bronze and silver-rank drops?

I am sort-of-ok with the number of low rank quests they have available since the base game had a significant jump in difficulty quite early, but it does mean going back to those early quests is a bit awkward. I have to remember to not take my most powerful weapons, otherwise the monster dies before I can break anything...

I've been playing a lot of random lobbies, and almost everyone is astoundingly polite - but that may just be down to the 'Hello' message being 'A pleasure', which I absolutely love. Still, it makes the ruder players stand out. Last time I played one of the party what impatiently hammering on the Ready button, and when the fight started he died almost immediately. So I sacrificed him without a second thought. Such is the life of a sorcerer.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

How do the Lure items work, and are they especially worth using? It seems odd they the bothered gendering them when for the most part you're fighting ratpeople or lumps of ice.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

Endless Alice has been a great way to test how well I 'get' the mechanics of this game. Unlike single missions, you pay so much more attention to being efficient, and how to best work alongside a team. No one sacrifices other players unless it feels like a last resort, because no one wants to be a lone wolf when 6 floors of blood sweat and tears are on the line.

That said, my last run had the other three members kinda burn out on a Jack O'Lantern fight (who kinda feels like the Great Jaggi of Soul Sac to me now) and we hit the partial Alice fight with all their Black Rites used. We sent her packing with only me left alive and the ghosts joining in with found weapons.

The sigh of relief when she took enough damage to leave the fight, my god. I think that's the third time I've beaten that floor now, but I've not gone deeper yet. I'm not sure I'm even able to until I unlock the 'Up to Rank 15' mode, however the hell I do that.

• Locked thread