Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Is there a level cap in the full game?
As far as I understand, in the demo you can get no more than a total of 20 in Life+Magic.

How viable is it to go 50/50?
You'd lose out on some seals but wouldn't it be the most balanced choice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
How survivable is going full devil?
It doesn't sound like lot of fun if you go down in a single hit.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Is there an upper cost for restoring sacrificed/broken powers?
Since lacrima is capped at 100 in the demo, is it possible to permanently break Infernus or one of your spells?

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
What's the best way to fight Cerberus solo?
I've had some success blocking with a shield but, after a couple of hits, the stun wears off too quickly and I take too much damage to hold on for long.

The AI companions also don't seem to help all that much.
Do they get any better when you raise affinity?

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
So can you out-grind hard bosses like Cerberus in the full game?
I do at least some of my gaming on the go and I obviously can't go online during that time.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

SalsaguyX posted:

I have come to counter your Soldier's Rock build.

Are these just joke builds or would this actually work against Cerberus?

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
I think you can't rank up any spells in the demo, so for the demo the Soldier's Ember might be one of the most powerful spells available.

In the full game, is there any reason you can't just grind low-level spells and combining them to form high-level spells?
I know from the demo you can even get powerful spells like the golem by combining low-level spells.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
What are the three ways to tease Librom?
I've managed to tip him forwards and backwards by tapping him as well as spinning him around with a swipe.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Ekallo posted:

Did you tap both the front and rear touchpad? There's two ways to knock him down.

I did but I tried it again and this time it registered the achievement, which seems weird.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
What builds are people generally using?

I'm currently mostly Dark with damage+ sigils and I've got Thrown projectiles for all elements + 1 healing spell equipped.
I'm maybe at the midpoint of the game and so far it's been working well.

I'm however thinking of maybe switching to eggs later for the area of effect and greater damage, since I'm already running into ammo issues.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
I've read that Delta includes better/stronger AI allies, can someone elaborate on what that means?
I've played the first game a lot but ultimately had to give up because the postgame werewolf quest kept kicking my rear end and the AI was completely useless, so I'd like to know if that has changed.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Belzac posted:

They have more and better spells without having to grind, they generally act more intelligent (retreating to heal, block attacks, dodging), and can actually save each other with you having to babysit them. There's also a rumor that allows you to boost their power. That said it's still better to solo as it reduces boss health.

I found that I needed the revives from my allies, especially against the werewolf-type enemies (the werewolf was a reskin of another monster) because they were ridiculously fast and strong.
Have you encountered this enemy in the new game?
How did you fare against it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Dimix posted:

Does the lacrima cost for repairing black rites ever max out or diminish with time? I avoid ever using them because I worry that the cost would eventually get too high and slow me down when I reach a point that I actually need them. I'm not far and I haven't needed one yet but it'd be nice to use them once in a while just because.

It maxes out at 250, which isn't so bad.

Hopping Ghost posted:

What is it that determines how much it costs to change your faction at any given point? At first I thought it might start to cost more each time you did it, but I've had it cost as little as 15 to as much as 180 lacrima and back again, seemingly in no particular order.

As far as I can tell, it depends on your rank in the current faction.

• Locked thread