Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
I'd like to be on the OP list, and I'll add myself to the excel sheet once it's up.

PSN is Dawnfire. I'm usually free most evenings, and sometimes a lot during the afternoon depending on the day.

Edit: Just saw the new OP list. My PSN region is West Coast? Assuming I understand the designation.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
I know the demo has a lot of spells, but I'm curious what kind of sampling are we getting from the main game? In terms of spell types, that is. I know the number of spells is pretty high when you consider uniques and elemental varieties, but I'm wondering if there's many more classes of spells in the main game. Such as giant fist, root spells, blade spells, etc.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
For anyone looking for an easier way to unlock black colors on your costumes; Sorcs count as well. Meaning you can spam the Illecreba sacrifice mission for quick and easy sacs. You can also use this method for saves, as well, but it'd take longer as you'd need to kill off the sorc after you saved them.

Edit: Anyone know where to find a blazing SE?

Double Edit: VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Did you try checking online missions? There should be one that spawns some higher level kobolds.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 6, 2013

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I switch out stuff if I need a shield, and I've found that the melee weapons are honestly not that useful during most bosses. They don't deal that much damage and you need to keep yourself way too close to make use of them, you can use them when a boss is staggered but with my build a staggered boss is usually pretty far away because I just egged him.

I have Dark Arm 2 but a heal is still useful, I can heal from almost dead to full before having to go get more offerings. It's not a full on glass cannon build or anything. Anyone having more luck with the melee attacks than I have been? It seems like way too much setup (sit there summoning a weapon) for something that puts you in harms way anyway.

To be honest, I've found quite the opposite. I swear by giant fists. I'm mostly a divine build as well, with divine arm IV right now. There's actually very few boss fights I don't like using giant fist on, but most I'm still able to get hits in. It's worth noting that giant fists get huge returns on leveling. The third tier giant fists do 100 damage per regular swing, and have longer/quicker combos. I'm able to use those and still do high damage as a divine build because I'm able to stay close to most bosses safely. I usually can avoid most hits if I know a boss well enough, but the divine defense buffs make me able to stay there even longer and keep up the heat. Plus, I can get of a charge attack if I've practiced the boss and know when to squeeze it in. (Playing GS in MH feels similar so I have a little practice learning when to fit in charge attacks.) Which will just send the boss flying if I land and do big damage as well.

Actually finished the final boss with mostly 2 giant god fists. I used some clods as well, but mostly to play it safe during the second phase of the fight because I had to learn it's new moveset real fast.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 6, 2013

• Locked thread