Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Holy poo poo, a monster hunter like game focused around spells that's also metal as gently caress? This looks amazing, glad the vita I just got won't just be a persona machine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm not sure how to feel about how you save/sac based on host (or majority rule? I couldn't tell) just because it threw me down out of dark arm 2 to dark arm 1 when the host wanted to save ol' Jack.

You can always respec.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Really loving this game. After soloing most of G rank in monster hunter 3u, this is a nice pace change. All the actual grinding seems to come from battles instead of gathering and battles. I like that.

I just hope the actual game is just as meaty as the demo makes it seem.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

I just wish you could get more than two rolls from a single cast. And grinding for more copies of the spell is kind of annoying.

If you don't like grinding, I'd say hunting games aren't for you. That's kinda of the point.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Question for people playing the Japanese full version. How many outfits are in the full game? And do a lot more color options unlock?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

SalsaguyX posted:

If you ordered from Amazon I recommend you check your shipping info. Mine got pushed back from Tuesday to Thursday. Which I ain't having.

When did you order? They have a cutoff for release day shipping.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Belzac posted:

They do offer the bonuses, at least at my Gamestop. I'm a bit surprised though, they said they were getting 35 copies and they already had 25ish pre-orders.

Why are you surprised? It's the only decent release coming out for the system for a while. It's going to be fairly popular.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'd be surprised if 25 copies of a retail Vita game were preordered too, especially since first party Sony games are cheaper digitally.

It does look like Vita is entering a hibernation period after this though.

I'd be a lot more likely to buy games off PSN if the decent sized memory cards didn't cost a buttload. I'm sure a lot of people are stubborn like me and refuse to pay 80 bones to upgrade from the 4 gig card that came with my bundle.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Anyone that ordered from amazon get your code for the preorder dlc yet?

Edit: Right after I asked, Amazon sent an email, and UPS dropped off my game.

Norns fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 30, 2013

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The game comes with a reversible cover. Pretty nice touch.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gameday posted:

The normal cover is awesome, and the reversible cover is even awesomer.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's up on psn.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/soul-sacrifice/cid=UP9000-PCSA00092_00-SOULSACRIFICEUS0

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Mailer posted:

Is anyone who didn't preorder able to find this on the store? I can see the online pass and the JP voiceover packs, as well as the demo, but the full game isn't showing up on PSN.

Use the link I posted, seems like the Vita store isn't updated yet.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dammit, Sony didn't feel I was important enough for the DLC email apparently.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Annath posted:

That Polygon article mentions 2 outfits, but the only new one I got was the Dancer. Is that incorrect?

They count the male and female versions as two separate outfit.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wow, color me surprised. Used NEAR and got a Healing Bloom (S) 3 star as a reward for finding someone else in Boise Idaho with a Vita and the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stiggs posted:

Is there some way I can set my Vita to not go into standby while I'm downloading something? I'd like to just leave this game to download without having to hit a button every few minutes. Obviously it's not a huge deal but if there's something I can do then that'd be cool.

Mine does this too. Bugs the hell out of me.

• Locked thread