Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I just picked up the full game. I've been playing the demo for a few days and I played pretty much full-sacrifice during the demo and wanted my full character to be divine but it sounds like divine isn't really a viable way to play from what is being said here and on other boards. Is there any point in me trying to min-max a divine character or should I just go for Neutral or Dark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Depends. Do you intend to play multiplayer? Because Divine characters are pretty drat useful when every other random gently caress is going full Dark and exploding as soon as a archfiend looks at them wrong.

In SP you'll just take longer to kill stuff, but it's not much of an issue at all.

Yeah I'll probably dive into Multiplayer once I've done the story. Thanks guys, I'll stick to my guns and go divine.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I'm not sure about outfits (which seem to come randomly but regularly) but I know some outfit colours come from doing certain things while wearing said outfit. I'll spoiler it in case someone wants to figure it out for themselves.
I heard it was 100 saves for a boss monster for a white outfit, 100 sacrifices total for a black outfit and if you do both with the same outfit you get a gold option

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I don't know if this counts as :filez: but I don't think it should. I did a screencap of the lore pages for the archfiends in this game since I enjoyed reading them so much.

Here's a link to all the albums if you're interested.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You need to link the song that plays in the background too!

(I really like the lore in this game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThJ5_smk134

Seems someone has done my job for me!

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

To add to the point discussion, if you can manage a infernal status (when the archfiend is frozen in the spot due to whatever status you used on all body parts) make sure you bring the element strong against what you just used. So if you freeze an enemy, bring one shock spell at least to break the freeze and you'll get +60 for a "chain". Apparently you can link those multiple times (I think there's a trophy for 5 statuses on the same boss). Also, if you can, try to destroy all of an archfiend's weakspots. This gives a bonus 70+ points or so but it can be hard to pull off on some bosses.

I just beat the game and chose to save Magusar. I thought the ending was fairly lacklustre and was expecting a larger twist. Can I do the ending again to get the other sanguine attack or have I made my choice? Also I had to do that second form 3 times. I kept running out of offerings before realising I could sacrifice those red dudes

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Emalde posted:

Yes, you can just do it again to get the other bloodshot also wait stop what the gently caress
That fight has offerings? :psyduck:

I've done it a few times now and have never seen any at all

When the dragon goes into the background he can do three things. 1) the charge, 2) shoots 5 black things that are just attacks, 3) shoots one red thing that is a melting dude. Run straight for the red one and get the sacrifice in ASAP because if the dragon comes back to the land he will sacrifice it and cast Gugnir on you (if you get the sacrifice you cast gugnir). You can also save those red dudes but I honestly don't know what that would do

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Is it possible to have every Avalon Pact in a questline finished at once? Will rewriting the save/sacrifice parts not erase your completion of the other ones?

You will keep the stamp for completing missions in a line even if they become unavailable if you change the timeline. I suggest doing both lines and figuring out which one has better rewards and then sticking to that. Or just sacrifice the archfiend first, then do those missions, then save it so that you keep the sorcerer!

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I decided to start doing some online stuff and it was surprisingly accessible to just jump into a game. The only issue is when a server is rigid about save/sacrificing archfiends. We killed a cerberus in a high level mission and the sacrifice had the +/- of what could have been an SE+/++ but everyone else was hellbent on saving. If I had sacrificed would that have actually worked or is it like a vote system at the end?

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Emalde posted:

It's a vote system, game rolls if it's 50% for either. Also realize that when a boss has a bonus, it still doesn't mean a guaranteed +/++

I thought I worded my question carefully enough to mean that I knew it wasn't 100%. I very rarely see those types of numbers on Archfiends but I'm almost always disappointed when I do and still just get basic essences. I would have expected it to be at least a SE+ though since it was a 7 star mission.

Voting sucks, though. I don't see why we can't just decide our own fates for archfiends. It's not like it changes that much.d

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm kinda stuck on Illecebra's Gorgon form thing in the story missions. I've just gone to the side missions in the meantime and messed around with the online but I can't really progress in that fight and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The allies die constantly and the fight has a lot of HP and hits hard.

A few things that might help: It changes forms every other attack so bring ice, thunder, and stone elements if you want to hit its vulnurabilities each time. When it starts to glow go into minds eye and you won't get petrified. When it is in its 4-legged mode and charging around, run away but when it does its leap, dodge towards it to avoid the spin attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I got delta and had a lot of fun for about a week but despite all the fixes, this game has some weird design decisions in it.

There is an over abundance of low rank (1-6 stars) quests and archfiends. Despite this there is an under representation of low rank archfiends whose basic SE/LE make good sigils. Pied piper will resonate with a lot of neutral arm folk I think. You need one of each of his SE and LE but he only exists in 7+ stars unless you play the blank page slots over and over to get him to show up. Same thing goes for Hydra and a few others. It's like they made +/++/+++ souls way more common and it actually hurts some builds. I would have been happier if they made Drubbing Sigil III require a pier piper ++ or +++ because to be honest at least that would make sense in terms of getting a high ranked sigil. It should cost higher +s to get better sigils.

This one may be partly my fault but I use R to evade and X to change my offering set in battle. This is fine most of the time but it clashes with save/sacrificing small monsters when you roll away from a small monster or when you start to sacrifice when you're trying to evade an archfiend's attack.

Why does Fate give you a random amount of divine/chaos to your arm? Why isn't it just 50% from each? I know it was added as a way to abstain from voting if you are a chaos user in a team of divines and you know your vote will lose but it's also for neutral arms who want to stay neutral. Almost every 5 levels I would have to readjust after a battle because an archfiend would arbitrarily give me way more divine than chaos for no reason.

I like the change to partners because it was dumb of them to leave if you didn't save/sac the way they liked but you shouldn't have to get S rank for outfits. The outfit system as a whole is kinda dumb and they should have just given you the outfits of unique partners when you unlocked them.

All of those small things aside Delta is fantastic and way better than the original. I actually liked the closure of the story compared to the first game. I like the new archfiends mostly and weapon offerings are actually really good and evasion offerings are fantastic as well. Prestiging your arm is a great way to keep players levelling up and resetting their arms. In the original I got burnt out doing a 1/99 after 50/50 as 99/1 just to get a dumb gold outfit.

• Locked thread