Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I thought the guy was gene from god hand at a glance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah, all the spells look varied and :krad: so far.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Apparently they are adding a bunch of poo poo with the free content patches.

In the April 4th one 2 new bosses, a new level and a AR card game and bunch of balance changes. It looks like they are planning to add 11 more free bosses.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/29/soul-sacrifices-massive-update-slated-for-april-adds-new-monsters-and-an-isle-to-explore/

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Demo Out next tuesday!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/12/soul-sacrifice-demo-april-12th-keiji-inafune-interview/

Was this the kinds of demo that let you bring you loot into the main game?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Looks like the store is starting to update!

Psn: garking999

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 17, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I already love the monster lore.

Magical evolutionary arms races between rats and cats :allears:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

McCheese posted:

To be fair, those cats are loving jerks. This game has some Drakengard levels of hosed up flavor text.

Yeah, if you feel bad for any of the animals just read the lore.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Reive posted:

My only question, do monsters have an insane amount of HP that makes single player feel like rear end ala monster hunter?

I don't know for sure, but it seems the bosses in the story missions don't have nearly as much HP as their free quest versions.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hope the amount of people who ragequit the second they get sacrificed winds down in the main game, because that poo poo has ruined multiple Cerberus attempts for me.

Yeah what the gently caress? you get a bunch of points and you can debuff the boss.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I found out the hard way why you shouldn't let cat monsters live for too long :gonk:

That and if they eat enough dead bodies (I think enemies count too) they eventually get big enough to use a suction attack like the harpy.
vvvvv

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 20, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Fancy Hat! posted:

So can all quests be played online in the full game or only the big boss monsters? I haven't gotten up to a quest in the demo that offers online yet.

I think the story quest are single player only, but the phantom quests (basically the same quests with the story bits ripped out) can be played online.

[e] I'm super disappointed you can't rank up spells in the demo. I farmed so many icebrands :(

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

SalsaguyX posted:

If you ordered from Amazon I recommend you check your shipping info. Mine got pushed back from Tuesday to Thursday. Which I ain't having.

Mine is still showing up as Tuesday the 30th

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Nondevor posted:

The demo does a great job in selling the game. Just preordered it from Amazon yesterday, but I won't be getting my copy for about two weeks. Good thing the content carries over at least.

It really really does.

I tried the MH 3 demo on the 3DS and it basically tells you to pick a weapon just throws you in one of 2 missions with no context.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

After fighting Cerberus for a week I'm icing everything that moves in the story missions so far.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The Npc characters are terrible, like even most bad players know enough to not try to revive you when you're under a boss.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Belzac posted:

Learn your ABCs, Always Be Countering. A counter is when you hit a minion (ie. not a boss) in the middle of its attack animation. This causes a one-hit KO on the monster and give you points for 1, 3, and 5 counters. It's quite a lot of points. Besides that don't get hit (easy 150) and beat the mission as quickly as possible.

You also get a ton of points for hitting a weakness, burning/shocking/freezing a enemy by using the same element on a a bunch, and a bunch of points for doing a element break on a monster that's stunned by a element.

To do this just hit it with the elemental stun's weakness (i.e use a ice spell on a enemy stuck in infernal hell or thunder on a monster stuck in frozen hell). If you do these and finish the quest quickly you can get a divine rate 90% of the time.

[e] Also always use minds eye and get the first attack in for 30 extra points.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Sometimes you have to learn how to just stay the gently caress away for a while. Like the one elven queen attack where she just chases you for a full 30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I just realized that goblins are basically magical Rat kings

• Locked thread