Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Every new video certainly makes the game look crazier and crazier, in a good way. Shame that the combat in all these MH likes is a bit too fast paced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
A quick googling didn't reveal the answer so I'll just ask here, can people from different regions play with each other?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
I've been thinking about the Cerberus boss for a while and I'd be glad if someone who has played the japanese version (anyone?) could clarify a few things.

The first thing is: is the boss meant to be faced at this point? The difficulty that is displayed on the missions page states that it is a bigger jump from the harpy than what the harpy is from the jack-o-lantern. I guess one factor that is increasing the difficulty is the fact that there are only a few stone type spells that can be accessed in the demo (axe and fist if I remember correctly) so no homing spears or ground seekers etc.

Secondly Emalde you said something about old rules, what do you mean by those? Was there some significant balance patch?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Yeah I've been using ice shield to knock him down from his charges and following up with stone fists but these have been pubbie parties with wildly different loadouts. I suppose a more experienced group that understands to focus dps during the knockdown would have an easier time. Also why the gently caress must half the party run in to dps when the boss is charging his super aoe :negative:

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Leyburn posted:

Can anyone explain how Martyr rewards work?

As far as I understand someone needs to be sacrificed, not entirely sure though whether that has to be a player or if a boss will suffice.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Belzac posted:

I've found the new overpowered build. It has no flaws and destroys everything in the game.

dem balls

Emalde approved too.

Do you know how much the attack bonus from your arm modifies the base damage?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Are the movement skills any good? I fused up the feather one that gives you teleport dashes and it's really useful but the duration is pretty short and you can't re-apply it if you're in the middle of using a weapon.

I feel like a ninja applying it then using the ice sword though.

I'm going to guess that the teleport dash has more iframes and is probably fairly useful on some aoe spammy bosses?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Fancy Hat! posted:

I may have missed it in the menus, but is there a catalouge of what is needed for each sigil?

And if the souls don't decide what spells you get after each mission, what does?

The game doesn't tell you what you need to unlock sigils, only what you need to equip the ones you have already unlocked.

The spells you get after a mission are listed on the mission page before you start it (higher score gets you the spells further down the list), extras come from using black rites or saccing someone and breaking boss parts.

This website https://sites.google.com/site/soulsacrificeguide/home has a bunch of stuff that might help you.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

deadlinguo posted:

I didn't know you could fuse S spells up to M spells. So far the only way I've found to do it is to combine with the Treasure Chest. I have no idea what I'm doing in this game and there are surprisingly few resources on the internet to help considering it's been out for months in Japan. :(

You need to combine two spells that are rank ***, that will level them up from S -> M and I guess M -> L?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Jut posted:

I'm trying to like this game but I feel...well...lost. The monsters can pretty much one shot me, and I have no indication my attacks are doing gently caress all :(

Do you mean bosses can one shot you? The normal monsters you encounter early on aren't very dangerous at all, no idea if they have particular resistances but that didn't seem to be a problem. Are you using counters to one shot mobs?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
If that is the cyclops battle with Magusar then yeah gently caress that since all Magusar does is stand around like an idiot with shield up (just like every npc sorcerer who gets shield).

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Annath posted:

Also, in the Fellow Sorcerers section, I completed the Greedy Sorcerer section, but the next several lines are still blank, until the Heretic Sorcerer, which is several stars of difficulty above the Greedy one. Any reason for that?

You probably need to either advance the story (most likely) or do some avalon pacts.

e: Ballad and Knight both require magic lvl 15 in addition to whatever other conditions there may be. You should have that much by the time you unlock them unless you're doing something crazy.

mirarant fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Annath posted:

Ah, I'm 22 life/1magic so maybe that's my issue...

Well you can certainly complete the game with a divine build but it might be a bit tedious due to your low attack power and not having the more powerful sigils for a blood build. You can de-level your life/magic once you've completed those chapters if you want to go full divine.

• Locked thread