Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Does this game still have active multiplayer? Don't want to pick up the online pass only to find out that no-one is left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Emalde posted:

No, get Delta instead, which does have active multiplayer because it's the new game.

I already own the game dangit, I don't wanna rebuy. :saddowns:

Though, now that I've gone back to it I'm kind of starting to remember why I stopped playing it so long ago. Big fights last way too loving long. Maybe I'm just not grinding my spells right, but a fight going on for 30+ minutes? Regularly? I can't think of a single situation where that's acceptable. It's boring and tedious as gently caress and not something that you should be doing on a handheld.

Is this normal for the genre or do I just really suck at this game?

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 18, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So I guess I should just get some better spells and sigils? I'm just trying to figure out how to kill the minotaur. I get that I have to break her axe first, but that takes most of my casts, and I can't sacrifice anything to get my casts back, and there are not nearly enough restoration points.

I guess I just need to be able to kill the axe and the minotaur in fewer casts.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Belzac posted:

You can totally sacrifice things, just not the archefiend. There's also points around the map that refill your casts, find them with minds eye. Are you boosting your spells? When you get 2 of a spell you can combine them into a * version of the spell that has more casts. Press Triangle when hovering over it in the menu. You can get up to a *** version of every spell.

Yeah, most of the spells I'm bringing are 2-3 stars. Knowing that I can sacrifice the mobs actually helps a lot.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Dimix posted:

Feels like harpys suction attack was nerfed. I was able to stay away without an evasion power. My companion was sucked up very quickly though so maybe I'm mistaken.

You've never needed an evasion power to avoid that, you just had to sprint away.

Unless you're talking about end-game harpies or something, I only have experience with the first one you fight.

• Locked thread