Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

ihatepants posted:

I started my download this morning when I woke up (about 17 hours ago) and I'm only at 1267/1752mb. It says I still have 300+ minutes left and I haven't even started the download for the 500+mb Japanese VO pack yet.
:negative:

It irritates me how seemingly poor the wifi support on Sony devices is. My PS3 and Vita both get horrible speeds on wireless connections. I connected an old wireless bridge to the wired port on my PS3 and connected it to my network, and went from getting ~100KB/s to 1.5MB/s. I basically don't download things on my Vita that are more than 10MB, and opt to get them via the PS3 and transferring over USB. Just a lot faster that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
Did anybody else have major problems with the Cerberus fight? Not the partial one where you just have to beat him back, but the full fight where you can actually save/sacrifice at the end. I spent the last 4 days just beating my head against it, and just finally found a method that worked for me. I feel like the game doesn't give you access to a lot of earth element attacks.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

Leyburn posted:

I didn't get much of a chance to play this at launch because I got injured the same week that it came out. Then I got distracted by Tomb Raider and Bioshock for a while, but I picked this up again last night and remembered how much I enjoyed it.

What's the deal with the new DLC? Is it all contained in the latest patch, or do I need to go to the store to get it all? Are people still playing online? My character is about 20/25 at the moment, and I was planning on going for 40/60. Is that the done thing?

All the DLC so far has been separate, not built into the patches, and it's all been worth downloading as far as I've seen.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
Very much normal for the genre. Monster Hunter thrives on portables, and fights get a 50 minute timer normally. I've had quests come down to the literal last seconds before a victory. That said, unless you're colossally outclassed, most fights should only be 15-20 minutes in Soul Sacrifice.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

CuddlyZombie posted:

Because of branching paths, is it just not possible to have all allies alive at once? It's killin' my completionist OCD, I love collecting Saved Mans.

Maybe I should give up and just pick a set of 2 allies for each faction and ignore all others/let them die :smith:

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that if you do the sacrifice paths first, and then go back and save people on the branches and choose to rewrite the book accordingly, you can get them all.

I'm really digging the quality of life improvements in this release. Particularly the bonuses for the Grim faction. Being able to buff your damage even further as a dark arm character makes things go crazy fast.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

CuddlyZombie posted:

Huh, you're right. I expected that rewriting would kill off whoever you saved on the sacrifice path, but it seems they're fine. :downs:

And after saving someone, I can just rerun the pact, sacrifice the boss, and choose not to overwrite if I want to have the SE, right?

That's exactly right. That's precisely the way I do it. I sacrifice EVERYBODY my first time through, save them the next time for the rewrite to get the alternate path (on the branching missions), and then don't rewrite again regardless of if I save or sacrifice. I just wish the game gave a clear indicator on the list of which option you chose when the page was last rewritten. You can see it if you go into the missions, though, so it's not that big of a deal.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
It's unique offerings. Gotta catch 'em all.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

DeceasedHorse posted:

What is the general consensus about factions? I've been running with Grim lately but I don't really know if that's optimal. Right now I'm about level 45, with a dark arm 1.

Grim is optimal if you're splitting approximately evenly. Sanctuarium is for high level Light Arm, Avalon is for high level Dark Arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
Valid. By the way, for getting a large variety of offerings (and boosting Int), Alice's Maze is a loving godsend. It's hard. Really hard. But with my character imported from the previous game, I got through floor 6 with a difficulty 12 boss at the end of it, and I'm on difficulty 3 stuff in the main pacts.

• Locked thread