Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
I've put together a spreadsheet for my own sanity and figured I'd share it. It covers the quest rewards for all quests that I have opened thus far so it's very incomplete. I'll continue to edit it as I go along but I'm kind of slow so feel free to add things to it.

quest reward doc

Dimix fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Dimix posted:

I've put together a spreadsheet for my own sanity and figured I'd share it. It covers the quest rewards for all quests that I have opened thus far so it's very incomplete. I'll continue to edit it as I go along but I'm kind of slow so feel free to add things to it.

quest reward doc

For the few people using this, I moved it to here

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Pierce posted:

I also plan on helping with this. I just can't stop playing long enough.

I appreciate it.

I'm trying to fill out what I'm missing using what's on the soul sacrifice wikia. I can't verify a lot of what I'm putting in at this very moment but I suspect most will be right or close enough that the only errors will be whether it's S/M/L or Tri/not Tri.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
I'm kind of bummed that I deleted my ss data to make room for other games. That Japanese voice pack was huge and I didn't even use it.

Is there anything quick that I should get in ss before I start up delta or is everything from ss obtainable in delta?

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Is a holy focused build more well rounded now? I haven't played ss in a while but I remember being pretty much limited to support and it didn't add a huge amount of survivability either.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Does the lacrima cost for repairing black rites ever max out or diminish with time? I avoid ever using them because I worry that the cost would eventually get too high and slow me down when I reach a point that I actually need them. I'm not far and I haven't needed one yet but it'd be nice to use them once in a while just because.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Mailer posted:

I fired this up (the non-Delta version) on the bus when I was bored. Was there some sort of massive boss nerf at some point? I remember struggling against 8* stuff and now I'm powering through it and pushing into 9* with the same offerings/sigils.

Feels like harpys suction attack was nerfed. I was able to stay away without an evasion power. My companion was sucked up very quickly though so maybe I'm mistaken.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Flytrap posted:

You've never needed an evasion power to avoid that, you just had to sprint away.

Unless you're talking about end-game harpies or something, I only have experience with the first one you fight.

I remember in the original not being able to out roll/sprint it because my solution was to turn into a rock so I wouldn't get eaten. If I remember right mines stopped it too. Never tried punching it in the face.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Are grim rewards truly random? I've maybe run 7 missions and have yet to get anything but 1 reward.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
You could try leveling up your ally and fuse one of your gold weapons into a black weapon.

Something is definitely up if anything is taking you 40 minutes. I'm sitting around 55/25 and heavily focused on defense. I have a feeling that my allies do most of the heavy lifting but unfortunately you don't get any kind of feedback on that.

For the story missions it may be best to just suck it up and do them inefficiently. Leveling an ally is easy and quick now but quick enough to be worth doing for an ally you have no intention of using outside their story.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Sorry when I said story mission I meant faction pacts as well. You're stuck with whichever ally they give you in those cases which is why it's rarely worth increasing affinity with them unless you plan on using them elsewhere.

To increase affinity you can either use the ally which takes a long time or give them an offering which goes very quickly. You get a big affinity bump if you give them an offering that they have learned. This offering has to be an EXACT match. For instance, give sympatha a small iron mill until she's affinity B then medium iron mill until A, etc.

To increase an offering to black you need to fuse a gold offering with your faction's large faction offering. For Grimm that'd be the large prophet testament. There are ways to farm random black offerings that involves sacrificing yourself on extreme missions but I don't have any experience with that. A quick Google can get you a how-to for that.

Not sure if its across the board but a black offering has double power/duration of its gold counterpart and the same number of casts as a small offering.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Belzac, how do you go about sorting your saved gear? By boss or by type? Getting to the point where I should probably put some effort into preparing and not relying on my black red riding hood spear. Changing out my offerings is such a hassle and I can't remember weaknesses for poo poo.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Is the difference in raw power worth skipping on the weakness bonus? Maybe only worth it when combined with force surge?

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
I believe there is always a chance to get a lower level essence just like there is a higher. So you could try doing a medium difficulty one to get the lower level essence. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Speaking of low level essence, the special blank page has a low level leviathan for the next 2ish weeks.

Edit: confirmed. Was trying to get siren++ from a 7 or 8 difficulty and got 1 siren and 2 siren+ before getting what I wanted.

Dimix fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 17, 2014

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Lots of stuff is locked behind the main story so you want to get through the majority of it in a timely manner. I didn't actually fight magus until recently and I was way way over powered for him.

Other than that I'd say avoid grim faction because the rewards appear to be completely random at the end of a mission. I ran maybe 30 missions as grim and never saw the third tier reward. I could just have terrible luck. I do like grim though and plan to switch back when getting offerings isn't a main goal anymore.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Yea nerdz is right. I completely forgot that you had to do some faction quests before you can start magusar this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Taratang posted:

I loved the original Soul Sacrifice and didn't have much trouble cruising through the game up to the 9th Avalon Pact but hit a brick wall there with the werewolf who would practically one-shot me and had too much health to chain freeze/kill efficiently even when I went full glass cannon with no allies. Does anyone with a lot of time in Delta know if the extra stuff does anything to alleviate the issues with that particular fight?

I'd say delta is overall easier. One thing that's stands out is the ai companions are worth a poo poo. I'd be fighting one monster while my companions stay on the other and they'd go down in health at around the same rate.

It's been a while since I've played so I don't remember the terminology but raise your "save monster" level if you have a hard time staying alive. Just max out your defense as much as possible. You'll drag out a fight but you'll get more comfortable and start throwing more points in the "sacrifice monster" level.

• Locked thread