Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
gently caress saving people. Sacrifice them all! And the first thing I thought of when I decked out my guy in a green version of the third outfit (the one that covers just the lower half the face) was "gently caress...he's an earthbender. Looks like I'm specializing in stone spells. :black101: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
You know. I think the answer is "no" but I just want to make sure. You don't completely lose a spell (i.e. not able to equip in future battles/it is removed from your options) when you use all of its charges in the field, right?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Schach posted:

No one mentioned this on the last page so I want to say that a funny and cool way to avoid the Haryp's suck attack is to use the spell you get from Jack O Lantern that turns you into a giant rolling ball of fire. She can't suck you up like that and charging her as a fireball interrupts her. On the other hand, letting her go all Kirby on your friends gives you time to whale on her...

I just wish you could get more than two rolls from a single cast. And grinding for more copies of the spell is kind of annoying.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Norns posted:

If you don't like grinding, I'd say hunting games aren't for you. That's kinda of the point.

Oh, I know. I play the Disgaea games, so trust me. I'm not all that adverse to grinding. That doesn't mean it still isn't annoying.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hope the amount of people who ragequit the second they get sacrificed winds down in the main game, because that poo poo has ruined multiple Cerberus attempts for me.

Yeah. I don't get that. You still get mad bonuses if you get sac'd. And considering how many tear drops you get just fighting the bosses over and over again (drat this 100 drop limit :argh:), it shouldn't cost too much to get yourself back in the fray.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

DrManiac posted:

[e] I'm super disappointed you can't rank up spells in the demo. I farmed so many icebrands :(

That just means you'll be over-equipped for the full game. It isn't as if you've been uselessly grinding. Honestly, I feel those of us who can take down the Cerberus are going to be massively overpowered for the first 1/3 of the game. He's a pretty decent jump in difficulty, and I doubt the story missions will be making as drastic a jump.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dawnfire posted:

I know the demo has a lot of spells, but I'm curious what kind of sampling are we getting from the main game? In terms of spell types, that is. I know the number of spells is pretty high when you consider uniques and elemental varieties, but I'm wondering if there's many more classes of spells in the main game. Such as giant fist, root spells, blade spells, etc.

I'm wondering if there is a fire arrow spell (i.e. fire equivalent to Ice Thorns or Lightning Spears). That poo poo would be super helpful against the Harpy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

G-Prime posted:

It irritates me how seemingly poor the wifi support on Sony devices is. My PS3 and Vita both get horrible speeds on wireless connections. I connected an old wireless bridge to the wired port on my PS3 and connected it to my network, and went from getting ~100KB/s to 1.5MB/s. I basically don't download things on my Vita that are more than 10MB, and opt to get them via the PS3 and transferring over USB. Just a lot faster that way.

I don't understand this, actually. I routinely get 1.5MB - 2MB/s on my Vita wireless download at home (I got the SS and the Language Pack in under 30 minutes), and even the wireless connection in the hotels I've been in have been at least a serviceable speed.

For the game, itself, it definitely looks like they retooled how spells are awarded in the full game. In the demo, there was a chance you could get the third spell on the swag list with a First-Rate Sorcerer rating, but so far, it looks like you need at least Legendary to get more than one copy of the second spell on the list in the full game.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So I got a skill very early on that when fused instantly levels up some of my skills. Like The 15 damage axe throw is now 25 damage, with 4 axes instead of 1. I think it went from Pinwheel S to Pinwheel M.

So basically if you spent hours farming up spells to fuse in the demo so you could get M spells sorry :v: I already have a lot of demo stuff that is outdated because of that.

You're talking about that Treasure chest, right? I think there are only a limited number of them per game since you only seem to get them for completing the Memory Recovery Missions which are only completable once. (Now, the good part is you can take friends into the recovery missions in online play if you haven't completed them yet, but it is still only once.)

So, I'm doing the standard hoarder RPG tactic of keeping them all until the endgame, so I can get free upgrades to my super expensive spells, instead of wasting them on making Sword Icebrand (S) --> Sword Icebrand (M).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Belzac posted:

They are not limited.

When/where do you get to grind for them, then?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I just got an assassin sent after me for saving too many monsters and found that it's really not so bad. You just have to kill them and you get their stuff and move on. I don't know if this is only true at the beginning or what, but it makes divinity seem like a viable choice.

You can actually get a bunch of sigils by getting both the LE and SE version of the different assassins' souls. So, save them once during a fight before you sacrifice them to get everything. This just means you'll have to beat them twice in one fight.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Stormgale posted:

I'm guessing you have to sacrifice in this instance but just to check Spoilers for the Penultimate sorcerors Ordeal You can't save her can you? She will just keep trying to kill you

Correct. You do get a special LE if you save her once, though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ineffiable posted:

Man, did interest in this game drop a lot recently? It's been hard for me to find good people to play the last tier of Avalon quests with me. Someone help me do Remorse.

Free dlc comes next week I believe.

It has. I have had a hard-as-hell time getting people with decent levels to stick around long enough for another person or two to pop in for the harder missions. Then I have maxed out guys claiming they can do a mission solo, and when I enter with just the two of us, they die before even getting a hit in. It's so frustrating, since I only have 5 or so Avalon missions left.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Has anyone done a DPS and sustainability check on the different variety of spells to see which ones are most efficient? I'm really wondering whether I should just stack gently caress tons of eggs or gently caress tons of homing arrows on my guy for long range purposes (ignoring elemental weaknesses and splash damage [since it is almost irrelevant on bosses]).

And has anyone noticed that you can get the AI for Hydra and Kracken stuck behind a stationary golem if you're the only human player and you position yourself directly on the other side? It's ridiculous. I throw out a golem as they form. Run back. Rapid launch eggs and arrows until they status. Replace the golem. Run back. Repeat. After two loops of this, they're usually dead, and all I have to worry about is dodging grunt attacks and sac for reloading if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I've been grinding this out, and it is insane how much extra content is available. Is there a good resources for combo spells? The most random one I've seen so far is using the mine bulbs on a veil of the same element will create a plant cannon that fires on everything in range for about 30 seconds.

If I want to do a scattershot mortar, how do I combine the mortar and tuff spells?

• Locked thread