Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The one misgiving I have is that I'm not a huge fan of the "throbbing mounds of twisted flesh" aesthetic. Is it as omnipresent as some of the trailers make it look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Belzac posted:

It's hard to know what you exactly mean by this but the game is pretty grotesque. Not all of the monsters are that bad (Jack for example is just a flaming stone elemental looking thing) but the game is pretty graphic. At any time you can look away from Librom and look around your prison cell which is full of rotting flesh, human waste, and cockroaches. It's a horribly twisted world but it's still a video game. I never wretched at the sight of anything.

I don't mean it makes me ill or anything, I just don't like it. I guess the demo is coming out tomorrow so we'll see.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is the demo still not up or do I just suck at navigating PSN?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Does anyone know if it's possible to save your sorceress ally? I saved her once but she just started attacking me again, and I was running out of HP and spells so I sacrificed her the next time

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I gave Alice's Maze a try on a new character and got Romulus and Druid on the third floor :getin:

I pretty much died immediately and then my 2 B affinity companions spent 10 minutes killing them. I got several gold offerings just for "beating" 3 floors.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 14, 2014

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Has anyone found any combos other than the ones they showed you in the tutorial? So far I've found

Boulder Morph + Elemental Breath Arm Morph: If you breath elemental power onto a boulder morphed person for a second or so they'll become much larger
Boulder Morph + Giant Arm: You can punch boulder morphed people to send them flying

Presumably you could combo those two combos.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Endrion posted:

So... can someone clarify this for me? I've been seriously tempted to grab Soul Sacrifice in the past but have been putting it off. Delta... is it actually an enhanced port + New stuff, entirely new story, or what? Does it contain everything the first had, thereby making it a good place to start at?

Compared to the first it has

Better graphics
Additional Main Story Content
More Sidestories
More monsters
More areas
More spells
A fourth tier of spell strength
Spell rebalancing
Spell combos
3 Factions which effect your quest rewards and save/sacrifice buffs
More sigils (passives)
More costumes/better costume customization
More allies/allies have been rebalanced to be stronger
Quest modifiers called "rumors"
More quests
Higher difficulty quests
An endless dungeon
Randomly generated quests

There are probably things I'm forgetting. Some of the quests from vanilla SS are gone, but they were just "Go to area x and kill monster y" quests. All of the areas and monsters from the old game, including DLC, are still in (except maybe the Toukiden crossover boss? did we ever get that?) so you're not missing any content.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Belzac posted:

There is no reason not to.

If you care about trophies, the games have separate trophy lists.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Does homing magic do at all worthwhile damage? I think they buffed it somewhat in Delta but it still feels really weak to me, for whatever reason.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

And what's this about Beelzebub being really loving hard to melee?

He's pretty hard to hit in general, but I didn't havetoo much trouble hitting him with weapon+speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Aerox posted:

Grim's Neutral playstyle is I think ideal for me; it's really too bad that the Grim Faction completely randomly assigns rewards. Takes a lot of the fun out of trying to do levels well.

I'm assuming there's no way to counter this or turn it off? Grim is always just purely random as to how many offerings you get?

I'm pretty sure it's not fully random. I definitely seem to get better rewards when I get more end of level bonuses.

• Locked thread