Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I feel like I'm doing something horribly wrong with this demo, which is a shame because I really want to like it. Went in to the network stuff with a buddy yesterday, and the harpy just continuously destroyed us over and over. We'd manage to break a wing with mortars and an Infernus when one of us got super low on HP, but her speed coupled with a vacuum attack I can't quite figure out how to dodge properly made really short work of us both. I'm 4/7 on my arm, but I feel super squishy and can't seem to dodge effectively half the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Now that Delta is out I might have to give this game another try-- I played the demo for the original version when it was first released, but it never quite clicked for me for whatever reason. Is there a useful beginners guide to the game, or should I just sift through the thread to find helpful hints? Mainly looking at what levels I should keep my arm at since all that seems like crazy voodoo and I have no idea what would be optimal.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So I finally dropped some money on Delta and I've been messing around. It's a shitload of fun, but I'm struggling trying to find a good combination of sigils. I've been using an Arm Amp and leaning pretty heavily on those, but now I'm starting to find them way too slow with way too short of attack combos. Are there any other offering/sigil types I should be looking at instead? Spears seem pretty good but flipping through the thread they seem mainly for divine builds and I'm doing the opposite at the moment.

I do like the mortars I've also been using, though. They've been great for breaking hard to reach cursed parts.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Belzac posted:

Give stonefist a try. Fill the world with fists.

Thank you for this amazing advice. I'd disregarded stonefist because of its short range at first, then I saw this and popped Elven Queen's legs with one charged shot of Cremation Clod. Now my life's work will be turning the world into a giant fist. And punching the sun. :black101:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh god, this game stopped loving around somewhere around Illecebra. That was the first time I've taken multiple attempts to kill an archfiend, and the harpy right after was much beefier than her previous incarnations too. I like it.

I swapped my faction to Grim and rewrote my arm to mess around with some weapon/throwing sigils and I'm finding it a lot more fun than Avalon's stonefist/explosives were. Faster hits and less likelihood that archfiends will move out of my arc of fire after I shoot a mortar are a fine tradeoff for (significantly) less damage per use. I was tackling Cyclops earlier though, and it really is a pain to hit his eye with throwing since there's so many other spots it will lock onto before I can aim at it. The trident went down like no one's business though. Does throwing hold up at all, or am I better off using mines as a sort-of ranged option/easier way to get elemental hells to go off? I see Belzac's super weapon focused build and it's looking mighty tempting to work towards eventually.

• Locked thread