Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee.Black. You have five earth minutes ... Make it Perfect!
I splurged massively on Amazon and got all the case-files plus the four Restricted ones. Right now I'm at about number 8 and so far I'm loving it. Although I dislike how many of the early ones were drawn by Mike McMahon; I really don't dig his style. Brian Bolland on the other hand :glomp:

Any good TPB's that I should consider? I got the one that collects all the Dredd vs Batman and the Dredd vs Aliens one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee.Black. You have five earth minutes ... Make it Perfect!
Already have America! I got it , I believe, 15 years ago. It's in Dutch though so it has some really funny translations.

Anyone know what this is? Can't seem to find any info about it and it's not released yet : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-1-Nelson-Daniel/dp/1613775962/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360784441&sr=1-9

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

Just finished the Necropolis storyline (case files 14)... Think I did it in two sittings; it's a really good read! My favorite epic-sized story so far. I did kinda miss why Dredd suddenly looks so terrible after being in the cursed earth though... doesn't take sunburn very well it seems. Checking Wikipedia is appears his injuries happen during a story called "Dead Man". Is the "Dead Man" story normally included in the case files? Maybe I just completely missed it.

Yannos fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 18, 2013

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

Well then Judge McGruder took it better! She only got a beard while being in the cursed earth. Reading up on the wiki indicates that he got acid in the face which kind of explains his mangled nose a bit better than Rad-burn.

In any case it seems like it's correct that it's only available in TPB. It has some very good reviews on Amazon so I'll probably pick it up someday (the shocking reveal at the end of the story won't be as shocking now of course).

Although maybe it's healthier that I lock my Visa-card in an iso-cube of its own... My monthly payments have risen quite a bit since I started obsessively collecting Dredd stuff a while back :)

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

Unfit For Space posted:

That scene in Dredd where he tells the panhandler to get lost seemed out of character to me. Wasn't there a story once where Dredd tells a perp to stay put until he can come back to arrest him, and then the rest of the story is about how the perp dies after weeks of waiting or something?

I do remember one where he cuffs a perp to a railing somewhere and he has to leave him there to pursue something. During his time away the perp gets completely robbed naked by other criminals and in the end he's killed when some fake ambulance comes around to harvest his limbs and organs. Maybe a bit too grisly for the movie :) ...

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

Some fan-made movie just came out :Judge Minty

Haven't had time to check it out yet but it seems pretty competently made.

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

Finished reading the last part of 'Day of Chaos'. Wow...quite an interesting read! Didn't expect that to be honest. Can't wait to read the follow-ups.

Makes me wonder what kind of stories we are gonna get now seeing how Mega-city one was devastated even worse than during the Apocalypse War (only 50 million survivors out of 400).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

Metalshark posted:

I'm currently reading Case Files 11 and have 12 lined up next. I received Amazon vouchers for my birthday and will be buying Case Files 13 and 14. I was going to buy America and read this before Case Files 14, if this is correct chronologically? I also understand that I should read Tales of The Dead Man before Case Files 15 to get the full Necropolis glory if this is accurate? I am looking forward to it and want to get it 'right'.

You definitely should. I didn't and alot of the events in the Necropolis time-line confused me quite a bit. There is a sort of Dead Man epilogue in the Case File itself so when you see that you know you should read the seperate one first in order to get the complete story.

• Locked thread