Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hob_Gadling posted:

Dunno if it's nostalgia, but I think Cursed Earth and Judge Caligula were among the best stories ever. Cursed Earth has so fantastically many interesting sights from the ruins of the old world to people trying to build the new. And insane Judge Cal sets an interesting baseline for the decades to come. 20 years later he seems almost reasonable.

You also learned how dangrous Ronald McDonald is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

Haha, holy poo poo - I've never seen that one! Is that part of the original Cursed Earth saga? I'm sure it got pulled and never reprinted, right?

Yep it is part of the Burger Wars part of Cursed Earth that was printd once then never again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

mrhotdogvendor posted:

The LP subforum has a video LP of dredd vs death. It's pretty good and it inspired me to buy case files 1-5. Which I promptly read in 2 days! I love me the law!

If you want more law you can get 6-19 on amazon.co.uk
Also Judge Dredd Megazine is more stories not reprints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVoe7U6Lx4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aaubVlhNK4

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 23, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

Are the Case Files in sequential order, or are they more "Best of" collections? I'd like to have something a bit easier to read...

They are in sequential order.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

rotinaj posted:

I was actually just reading through the wikipedia summaries of the major arcs of Judge Dredd, so good timing on this. Do any authors try to get Dredd going all comic-book-hero and liberal and poo poo and just not get what Dredd's whole point is, or did they manage to keep him more-or-less on-task?

An amazing thing is that Wagner has been writing Dredd for almost his entire history.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Here is info on th enew storyline coming up and how you can get new progs
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43316

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Physical posted:

Help me out, what does "Prog" mean?

It is just 2000 AD name for issue so prog 200 is just issue 200.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Physical posted:

Is it short for Progression or Program or something?

I started reading what I think is the right case files, starting with Prog 2. What was Prog 1, some other, Dredd unrelated story? Kind of like Detective Comics and how Batman doesn't even exist until some later issue?

Yes he first appeared in Prog 2. Also you have to remember that 2000 AD is an anthology magizine and Judge Dredd is just part.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Science posted:

Thank you, now I have another series to start reading. What are some other 2000 AD titles worth checking out?

The Dead Man is pretty bad rear end. It starts in Prog 650

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

funtax posted:

In current Dredd-related news, he's gay. Maybe.

He is a lawosexual :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I read Batman RIP for the first time (was at a library and skimmed it) was the crazy Roman Villain guy a reference to Judge Cal?

Judge Cal is based off Caligula, but Morrison did write for Dredd

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I know that Judge Cal is based off Caligula, but there was a scene in Batman RIP where he threatens Batman with Senator Fishy and thought that a reference to Deputy Chief Judge Fish

Oh then ya it properly was.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tato posted:

I'm being patient and buying the new Case Files (#6 out this summer!) but I'll probably crack and start importing them. Do the volumes switch to full color at some point? I'm kind of annoyed at how the first page of any prog seems to be in color so it looks like murky poo poo in the B&W reprints sometimes, like they literally just put the color page on a photocopier and then pasted it in the book.

Yes they do. I think it is casefile 12 when it becomes color.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yannos posted:

I splurged massively on Amazon and got all the case-files plus the four Restricted ones. Right now I'm at about number 8 and so far I'm loving it. Although I dislike how many of the early ones were drawn by Mike McMahon; I really don't dig his style. Brian Bolland on the other hand :glomp:

Any good TPB's that I should consider? I got the one that collects all the Dredd vs Batman and the Dredd vs Aliens one.

America. For some reason it is not in the case files. Also later this year they are releasing Origins.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

Origins is already out, if he's in a country where there's eight Case Files and all the Restricted Files. I picked it up for £7.50 in the HMV fire sale, so check your local branch.

Okay they are releasing Origins in America. Also due to amazon.co.uk you can get the case files that have not been released in America, but they are a bit expensive to import.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yannos posted:

Already have America! I got it , I believe, 15 years ago. It's in Dutch though so it has some really funny translations.

Anyone know what this is? Can't seem to find any info about it and it's not released yet : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-1-Nelson-Daniel/dp/1613775962/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360784441&sr=1-9

It is the IDW run that just started

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I like them! I think they're mostly hilarious. Like the one where Walter the Wobot gets a job and Dredd can't figure out why the guy hired him :3:

Then you get some of what Dredd becomes, like when he charges the guy trying to commit suicide and then the person who was defending him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aaron A Aardvark posted:

(why, oh, why couldn't they give Moore what he wanted in exchange for finishing Halo Jones off?:sigh:)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/03/2000ad-documentary-announced

He wanted the hearts of all his enemies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sold

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BERGfu posted:

I really wish I would be able to buy the burger wars somewhere.

You can on ebay.

• Locked thread