Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Dunno if it's nostalgia, but I think Cursed Earth and Judge Caligula were among the best stories ever. Cursed Earth has so fantastically many interesting sights from the ruins of the old world to people trying to build the new. And insane Judge Cal sets an interesting baseline for the decades to come. 20 years later he seems almost reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
That's a huge spoiler dude. Maybe hide it, there's a bunch of people who haven't read that particular story yet?

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

areyoucontagious posted:

It was the issue with Fink and Mean Machine working for the Judge Child. Mean machine got resurrected on Xanadu, but I never saw him die. I did see him alive earlier in #5, though.

Mean Machine dies headbutting gas pumps in Judge Child Quest, right after he goes to 4 and a half and kills his own brother. Writers didn't know that Mean Machine would become a recurring character at that point, so it's not underlined in any particular way. It just sort of happens.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Judge Child Quest is progs 156-181 and should be in Case Files #04. Destiny's Angels is progs 281-288 so they should be in Case Files #06. Megazine started a lot later than this, so there shouldn't be any stories beyond what were published in 2000AD.

Cover should mention the progs in the Case File. #05 is progs 208-270, first story being The Problem with Sonny Bono and last being The Apocalypse War. If not, it's either a different collection altogether (which might exist although I've never heard of them) or a bootleg.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Bloodly posted:

Wait.

Now, I remember that in the system, everyone is a lawbreaker for minor crimes-absolute 100% compliance as 'required' is nigh impossible even for Judges; Dredd's exceptional. I don't remember it being 'designed' as such, though.

There's a comic where Judges raid a rich person by accident and don't find anything. To prevent any lawyers haggling for reparations (because the apartment they trashed was expensive) they explicitly in-panel agree to find something, anything, to pin on the guy. He gets a warning for removed mattress labels and two weeks to get them re-attached.

• Locked thread