Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Grauniad has a cool behind the scenes at 2000 AD video here. Wanna spend an afternoon trawling through that archive there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Took the offer mentioned earlier and nabbed a copy of 'America'. Jinkies, that certainly didn't turn out like I expected but I really enjoyed it. Gutted about Robert the robobutler at the end, he was wonderful.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Doomlord was the loving tits, especially when the original, murderous one regenerated from a morgue attendant and faced off against his friendly, Corrie-watching replacement who was all "gently caress it, these Earth dudes are cool, I'm not killing poo poo"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

coconono posted:

I remember picking up an Eagle glossy in the early 90s and it had Dan Dare being fed to carnivorous worms. It was pretty traumatizing.

I remember one Dan Dare story about the opening of a new trans-continental tunnel which lead to a sealed cavern being broken open, releasing a load of ravenous little red jelly monsters which literally instantly stripped anything's flesh to the bone at the moment of contact. poo poo was horrifying, yo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Ah, the good old days when a price rise meant a whopping TWO WHOLE PENCE and not a pound each time.

Cheers for that link, those covers are ace.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I was glad to see the Texas City judge looked exactly as I imagined they would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Payndz posted:

Wow, after 29 years Dredd finally killed PJ Maybe. Although I'm wondering if it's really the end - the whole business with the split personality didn't get nearly as much payoff as such a major development would seem to deserve, and it lacked the usual PJ's dyslexic diary format. On the other hand, it was a pretty decisive way to go out - three deaths in one!

Holy poo poo. By this point I had long ruled out any chance of it happening.

:(

• Locked thread