Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Devlin Waugh is a bit hit and miss for me, sure the vampiric, musclebound, homosexual, upper class, Terry Thomas lookalike exorcist for the Vatican can be entertaining, but a lot of his stories seem to peter off and the villains can come across as just cardboard cutouts. When it's good it's usually very good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

They went into more detail in a different interview, spoiler alert for those who want to go into the story blind.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43316

So probably not actually Joe Dredd in the teaser image.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

He has all their books.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Glimmer Rats maybe? Though I don't remember much media manipulation to be honest.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

If that's what you're looking for then it was the second Grudgefather series that ran in progs 940-945.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah, you're coming to the period where aside from some work in the Megazine Jon Wagner stood back and left Dredd in the hands of other writers. Mark Millar was generally pretty bad, Grant Morrison tended to view him as just an action film hero from what I've heard and I tend to side with people who say Garth Ennis was just too big a fan, though he did have some fun stories. Wagner did return later though and The Pit is one of my all time favourite Dredd stories marking a definite return to form as far as I'm concerned, though there was a bit of a misstep later with Doomsday.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Satanus is one of the keystones of how Pat Mills links his 2000AD work together. He's the son of Old One Eye (Flesh), he fought Dredd (the Cursed Earth epic), his own spawn Golgotha battled the ABC Warriors, and he appeared in Nemesis. The only series I don't think he has a link to is Savage, though of course the ABC Warriors and Robusters do.

Edit: Yeah, Britain has a long, long history of "those funny foreigner" stereotypes and Wagner could be pretty bad for it during the 80's.

Vengeance of Pandas fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 22, 2013

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

After Necropolis he got some Rejuve treatments for his skin and there was a comic that showed he has some rejuve cream for his skin.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

He did return in a couple of annual stories set before his death but annuals and holiday specials are for the Restricted Files from what I understand. If those stories involve a wedding or him going to town then you've got something which includes the annuals. Any chance of a brief synopsis of what happened when he was alive to try and place them?

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

areyoucontagious posted:

So if mine has annuals, does that mean I have restricted case files? Is there a difference between restricted and complete? Sorry for the confusion!

Honestly not sure since I don't have the books myself to compare. However the complete case files feature all the stories from the weekly progs especially the big serial story arcs such as the Apocalypse War, the Judge Child etc. The restricted case files on the other hand are only made up of the stories featured in the annuals and specials. I think the Case Files would only include a story from the annual if it led directly into a serial story or served as an epilogue. There were other attempts to collect Judge Dredd before Rebellion released the case files so it's possible you picked up one of those collections which might have mixed annual and prog stories, hard for me to say for certain.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah it wasn't exhaustive but I remember buying a Judge Dredd collection years ago with some random stories ranging from Judge Death to his time as Marshall on Luna 1 to The Cursed Earth. I was thinking it might have been something similar.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah, 2000AD's been putting out some great stuff in recent years, my avatar came from a Dirty Frank story.

Edit: with no context.

Vengeance of Pandas fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 4, 2014

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

I've got a feeling he was supposed to be Inquisition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

You can also see the fat guy's bellywheel in the foodcourt, which I thought was a nice touch.

• Locked thread