Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Arschlochkind posted:

I've been a Dredd fan for a few years now, but this thread combined with the new movie got me to bust out my Case Files. I just had to scan this page from Case Files 1.

:allears:

And this is the same Dredd that was called a 'Softy' in about the same era after sentencing an unemployed man who went on a rampage to something like 50 years Hard Labour(Which the man was happy for, because Hard Labour is WORK, and the reason he went off was he wanted to WORK-The Mega-cities have something like 90% unemployment).

It's a little thing that shows what he is. He's harsh, but certainly fair. It's kinda stuck with me since I read it. Yes, he and his are harsh, but so's the world. And in the history, I recall there have been very few bad Judges(Of course, the ones that we've seen caused utter havoc), which you'd think would be surprising. Then again, my memory is shoddy.

...Has there been very much on the Special Judicial Service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Arschlochkind posted:

BEHOLD THE HORRORS OF MEGA CITY ONE

:haw:

It's true. But you get a whole lot more of the Weird, Strange, and Crazy showing up.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

moths posted:

If you're just joining the party, the guy on the cover of CCF22 is a Vatican City Judge.

...I find it odd that Vatican City/The Papal State would use black in it's setup, given the flag is white and yellow.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 15, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

It could work, if not necessarily in stripes.

I wonder if the Judges replaced the Swiss Guard outright, or whether there's a bunch of pikemen still around.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

in a world where the system is specifically designed so that everyone is a lawbreaker in one way or another.

Wait.

Now, I remember that in the system, everyone is a lawbreaker for minor crimes-absolute 100% compliance as 'required' is nigh impossible even for Judges; Dredd's exceptional. I don't remember it being 'designed' as such, though.

I'm not doubting, but I wouldn't mind getting more info on this. Especially since as I recall, under the system, everyone IS under 24/7 surveillance.

• Locked thread