Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm having alot of fun with all the stuff I've read so far. Case Files one does tend to be quite silly compared to anything else that's come out. I've read that Case Files 5 is one of the better places to read what makes Dredd, Dredd. I would rather just read through all the case files back to front.

Can anyone tell me where the collection The Day the Law Died falls specifically into the timeline of the series?

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I've been working through case files #4 and got to the story where some aliens have a gun that causes the target to experience their deepest fears x1000. It was awesome seeing Dredd's reaction to his greatest fear: :geno: a judge has no fear

That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Jedit posted:

Immediately after The Cursed Earth. That's Case Files 2, I think.

Oh great! I'll just hold off on reading that one then until I finish up 1 and 2. Thanks

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Jedit posted:

For those that really care, Case Files 21 hits the UK in October.

Judge Dredd Classics issue 1 came out this week. It's the start of Block Mania with a new colouring job that is at least better than the one from the late 1980s. You're still better off getting Case Files, though.

My god I really got to catch up.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Bitchin Kitchen posted:

Thanks for the advice. I bought the first issue and there wasn't even a price on the book. (I got the Bolland cover) Four dollars is sort of a lot these days, still.

I shall now look into these Judge Dredd Case Files.

You can get the whole lot of the case files from Amazon at ridiculous low prices. I think there's also a coupon thing in SA mart that makes it even cheaper. I don't know where that thread for the coupon is though just look around.

Buying the custom covers is good if you're actually looking into collecting as opposed to just reading the stories. Case files 5 is a good start to where you get the Dredd most of know and love.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I really wish I would be able to buy the burger wars somewhere.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Jedit posted:

Reminder to all that part 1 of Dredd: Uprise, the second comic sequel to the movie, is out this week. Also out is a reprint of Dredd: Underbelly, for people who missed it the first time.

I need to grab both of these. Thanks for the heads up

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I found this thought you guys might like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Jedit posted:

It's just been announced that 2000AD and Dredd artist Brett Ewins has passed away. Very sad.

oh Wow that loving blows.

• Locked thread