Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If you have a kindle, you can get epics as stand alone ecomics, for about 5bux. I just finished cursed earth and just bought Dark Judges. Besides that there is only the Day the law Died so far, at least in the Canadian store.

It's interesting, seeing Dredd move over across the Cursed Earth. He mostly dispenses justice to a lawless land by fighting injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
One of the crazier things I learned reading Cursed Earth is that The citizens of Mega-city 1 wanted the Judges to take over because the Government went that corrupt and crazy. The straight up blamed the last President for the nuclear war, and locked him up in statis as a punishment

That was pretty interesting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The big bookstore near my work has some of the physical collections, and I was looking at 2, which has cursed earth, but it also has the story that from the early panels sounds like the basic plot of the Stallone film. I must buy it, as I must read all Dredd I can.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Finished Dark Judges, I love how much of it is Anderson centric.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Speaking of Cal, i like how his brain is on display in the hall of infamy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jedit posted:

Some, but not vast amounts - they're mostly only seen when policing other Judges, and even then serious cases go to the Council of Five. The head of the SJS is a member of the Council (the heads of Psi Division and Tek Division, a senior tutor from the Academy and an experienced street judge usually make up the others). Dredd has been up before them a few times, though, and of course they played a major part in The Day The Law Died as Cal was their head before becoming Chief Judge.

I'm reading The Day the Law Died right now and it is fantastic. Though I'm confused that the non SJS judges are going along with Cal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Finished the Day the Law Died, and of the 3 stories I read, its by far my favorite.

• Locked thread