Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Q: Can we get the rest of 2000AD and the rest of Tharg's THRILL POWER up in here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Sinister Dexter follows the gunsharks Finnigan "Finny" Sinister and Ramone "Ray" Dexter in bladerunner the future city of Downlode. Ramone Algonquin Winnibago Dexter is notable in that he has a Sony television surgically implaneted into his brain. Finnigan Rapunzel Sinister is pale, has a red nose, and swears too much.

Try to imagine what a Tarentio film would look like if he were born 100 years from now, and that's a good starting point.

It's notable in that it's one of the 2000AD series unrelated to Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, or the ABC warriors.

They get into some bad situations and make good comics out of them.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Payndz posted:

Dredd has survived everything the world has thrown at him for 36 years. :haw:

If you consider the future Red Razors storyline, he'll survive until at least 2176.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

rejutka posted:

Edit: Start with Swimming in Blood.

I bought Swimming in Blood like three years ago and left it in a box until this weekend. I don't know why, though, Waugh is amazing.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

IDW is doing some kind of thing with a dozen Dark Judges and it's like, ugh just own ideas already. It has a very American comics vibe, where the're remixing stuff (Like Judge Cal showing up as an SJS judge - wtf why?) and it largely falls just as flat as DC's earlier efforts to localize Dredd. But at the same time their MC2 works perfectly since it's largely unexplored territory and the cartoony art style gives it a unique voice.

But hey, happy Valentine's Day! Buy the digital trade of America for £1.99!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

:doh: Of course, you're right.

I was actually looking forward to IDW's take on Sinister Dexter. You can tell any number of interesting stories with those two, and characterization is typically one of IDW's strengths. (Most of their licensed characters "feel" right, like the characters in the source material.) Unfortunately it looks like it's just reprints.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There's Restricted Case Files that covers all the specials and one-shots, and then Anderson has a similar compilation collection. It'll be a while until you run out!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Eagle Judge Dredd reprints were the first comic I fell in love with as a pre-teen, but I never got them in any kind of order. So nothing made much sense but it was amazing.

I'm loving the complete case files, since it all feels so familiar but now it's better. I've just gotten to the mid nineties, when I'd was reading 2000ad and Inferno magazines on the bus back to my apartment in college. It's held up really well, and I'm surprised 2000ad isn't more popular here in the states.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I just used it last month to buy Underbelly and it worked fine. Are you paying with Paypal? That worked for me.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Weird, I'll take a look at it when I get back to my apartment.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

If you're just joining the party, the guy on the cover of CCF22 is a Vatican City Judge.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Jedit posted:

It's turned into bad fanfic and it isn't worth reading any more.

The first half of this issue reads like a videogame "Meet the end bosses!" trailer. While the concept of new Dark Judges has potential, the execution was loving terrible. I'd been giving them a lot of slack and time to find their feet, but Jesus Christ that ending. Dredd succumbs to Titan's fumes, is rescued by a new IDW-designed character from a few issues ago. And also Dredd swears now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Mega City Two is shaping up to be one of my favorite comics this year. The art is great, the city has a totally different vibe than MC1, and the writing is humorous without trying too hard to be funny. It's like someone finally realized how to localize Dredd.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I really wish there was an option to only get stuff that didn't make it into the complete case files. Between those and old 2000AD issues, I'd be triple-dipping on a lot of material, and that's just excessive.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I had the impression it was subscription only, that's great if I can pick them up independently!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah I can't get anything state-side unless I specifically order it, and even then it's spotty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It'll be a pain to keep on top of but probably worth it, thanks.

• Locked thread