Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Railtus posted:

Thanks. I had been thinking about this a little more and the chevuauchee also makes a fairly decent Xanatos Gambit ( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit ) since it becomes a lose-lose situation for the French. Either the French overextended themselves trying to meet the English or they fail to protect their people.

Just say gambit or plan, no need to insert a nerd vocabulary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Wiggy Marie posted:

Another question: is there any way to tell how much sense of humor/sarcasm influenced the writings of the time? Basically, is there a method used to try and determine if anything written can't be trusted due to the author's own sense of humor coloring their statements/descriptions?

We know for certain that Chaucer found farts incredibly funny.

• Locked thread