Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

GuestBob posted:

Came here looking for Gangnam style: disappointed.

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Cameron posted:

I'm still getting jobs sent to me like 3 months after I started searching :confused:

Man, your dick pics must have been so much better than BrainDance's!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Like I said, I've had a coworker with diabetes in Korea. I would just bring it up and talk about how easy it is to live with to assuage their worries.

That would take a lot of work and sneakiness
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 25, 2013

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Perhaps you were premature in declaring that Bundang owns?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Dat rear end

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Shut up... we need nullscan's apt for goon meets and Songtan Sally rendezvous's (how do you pluralize rendezvous?)

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

TL, you ok, buddy? Did the Bengals losing and spending a vacation with Kant cause you to snap?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

When kant tells you to chill, you take serious stock in your life

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

No, that reflects people blow drying their pubic hair, often in JJBs. I normally see old rear end men doing it, not the young ones. Stop projecting.

Also his apartment is bigger than mine. And when I saw "trashing", I thought punching holes in the walls, which I do without any malicious intent (my security deposit is going to be gone because I am an idiot)

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

ReindeerF posted:

Ah, interesting - old rear end men in JJBs can't be cosmopolitan? Some of the worst wannabe-cosmopolitan offenders here are old rear end men in our equivalent of JJBs with their popped collars and young consorts of various genders, heh. If you live near or in one of the giant, 99%-empty-and-100%-sold-out "fancy" new condos you can spot them driving out with their popped collars and sunglasses, mia nois and gigs in the passenger seat (when you own 20 empty units in a massive condo complex, it's a hammer looking for a nail, right?). Interesting to hear that in Korea the vast majority of people who stop in public restrooms to blow dry their pubes and waste everyone's time are old men - who would've guessed!

It's not public bathrooms, it's jimjilbangs. And I would say that metrosexual does not really describe the people I see doing it... it's a common thing. And it doesnt really waste anyone's time unless they need to use the blow dryer.

While there is certainly an appearance based custom in Korea (trying to look nice, owning expensive brands, surgery) I wouldn't say that most of your examples fit Korea as well as they fit Thailand

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I wouldn't expect it to be very long, except for the fact that it's LAX, the most idiotically designed airport

Ceramic Shot posted:

I wonder if Korean is the only language that uses "Our" so egregiously (우리 나라/우리 가족/우리 은행). Just for fun while talking to a Korean I said "우리 나라" referring the US and got a chuckle but they wouldn't say why.

Most of those make sense in English. The thing that gets me is when I have to describe my single apartment. But that's what happens when you make a huge point of filial obligation in culture

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 2, 2013

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Your school should have it too

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I want to post something vaguely racist so that we can stop talking about Catholics.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Clearly Koreans are Bothans

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

The Borg are the British Empire

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

This thread is turning into a more permanent form of the kakao chat

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Toussaint Louverture posted:

If it were me I'd bury it somewhere or toss it in a river. My life is going too well right now to take any risks. Korea is so obsessively prohibitiv about that stuff that it just isn't worth the risk to have anything to do with that poo poo.

A slow moving river?

Super stoked for this Saturday after merely talking to some goons who were watching Germany take over America and the Axis conquering the world!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Chris Rock is pretty eloquent

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

That's what socialized warfare is?! I am all for Obamacare now!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

DontAskKant posted:

Please accept my submission for Worst/Most Ridiculous job posting in Korea.

Please enjoy.

All Nations Christian Academy

Eh, glorified missionary position that pays. Certainly not something that I would want but I could see why it would be desirable for someone.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I think that the last one "standing" would actually be an alpha

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Good inside joke answers there, guys!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Oh geez, was that a can of worms to open...

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

erobadapazzi posted:

Maybe Kant's situation isn't the perfect example because he is trying to get hired, but I definitely think people with public school contracts shouldn't be afraid to stand up for themselves. They won't fire you. It's so frustrating when people post on our local Facebook group looking for advice about all the stuff their schools are "making" them do, and the replies basically tell them to bend over and take it.

I worked for EPIK once in a city with maybe 20 NETs total. Pay for working camps at other schools (which is how they always ran, with multiple NETs for each camp) was always 30k an hour. One elementary coteacher decided once that her camp would only pay 20k, which led to the teachers who had already agreed backing out. As much as we asked nobody to take the camp (except the teacher who worked at that school, obviously), a few people still agreed to do it. Not a single elementary school ever paid more than 20k after that. I guess the moral of this is that people being pushovers really can screw things up for other people.

That's kind of what I meant by my original comment. Now I'll go look back through the old thread to get the backstory on Kant's issues.

Meanwhile, in GEPIK, we don't get paid to do camps. As the atmosphere gets more competitive, the pay and benefits go down. This is not necessarily being a pushover as it is trying to get a job and maintain it.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I was lucky in that my school never asked me to do anything extra and they liked me because I never threw my contract in their faces. I was lucky.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Or you could do it yourself, which is a nice feeling and costs nothing?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

BrainDance posted:

Christ, this is the contact lenses all over again.

Yes, you can, and that's great. You can cook you own food or go to a restaurant, build your own computer or buy a mac, etc. etc.

You can do a whole lotta poo poo yourself, but I'd rather play videogames.

If you are going to ask questions, dont get so loving pissy when someone answers them.

No, I am not in debt but I don't hire a maid because I don't want to.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

100% profit

e: Ambient, I will take all the vidja games if you can wait until after the 26th

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 13, 2013

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

AmbientParadox posted:

Some appeared in my apartment, some was mine prior to the move. Do you expect me to just give away this stuff? That's loving stupid.

Rgr. Interested in the controller as well? I'll knock the price down by 1/2 on the controller.

Sure. I could always use a new one. Now that I have made an agreement it is a guarantee my xbox will break en route

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

How could they be afraid when there are pigeons around!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Grand Fromage posted:

Most people don't buy the smartphone straight out, you spread out the cost as part of your bill. I have a bargain basement model with an unlimited data plan and it's 70K a month. I think even a fancypants iPhone runs like 100K a month if you do it that way.

I got my iphone 4s on mobileboo and it is literally 74k a month

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Seoul is hard to pronounce so let's change it to something that like no person has pronounced right. I always hear Gaeng nam"

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

What does it say behind the blue part?! Patrice? Patron? Patton?!!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Cut and run

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Go to Gyeongju and look at some baller rear end history from the Shilla dynasty.

Also, I thought the war museum and the National Museum of Seoul are amazing

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Especially since "Visit Korea Year 2010-2012" is over

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

There's a cigar shop around Noksapyeong in Seoul as well.

Also, I hate the smell of cigarettes and will be glad when they are banned.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Dealing with the police blows in every country. If it's not a huge deal, I let these things slide. But perhaps you should start studying Rex kwando

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Korean weddings also last like 45 minutess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I could be down for some DnD but I would suggest a google hangout instead of skype. That way you can see me shotgunning beers and internalizing failure on reflex saves

• Locked thread