Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Jesto posted:

Big update: Stardew Valley is being published by Chucklefish, which is also developing Starbound. As a result the website is in the process of receiving a major overhaul.

http://stardewvalley.net/

It's being updated bit by bit. The website is looking quite a bit better. :)

Maybe they'll redo the big dialogue portraits. Some of them, like goth boy, are pretty ugly/offputting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fintilgin posted:

Maybe they'll redo the big dialogue portraits. Some of them, like goth boy, are pretty ugly/offputting.

They aren't great, but they are still better than the endless line of 12 year olds harvest moon seems so keen on.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Jesto posted:

Big update: Stardew Valley is being published by Chucklefish, which is also developing Starbound. As a result the website is in the process of receiving a major overhaul.

Haha, I was trying to show the website to someone right when it must have switched over, and I thought the domain had expired or something. Fantastic news!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jesto posted:

Hey! Thought so. Rather excited about the game now that it has this going for it. A one-man operation would have been difficult.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Jesto posted:

I wonder if that means they don't need to worry about Greenlight anymore, since Chucklefish has a relationship with Steam.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If Chucklefish keep this up I'll be proposing to it by the end of the year.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
How do you have this?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Asciana posted:

How do you have this?
It's off of the dev's twitter feed.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Totally had my hopes up that a beta had been launched. Hopes dashed.

benoit is innocent
Oct 1, 2004
Easily my most anticipated game this year, especially after he announced co-op play. I can't wait.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

P_R_Deltoid
Jun 4, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother? I hurt people

Jesto posted:

The first shows that the characters portraits are still a work in progress. There's several distinct differences from the first Penny screenshot in the OP and this one.

Phew. Looks a lot less like a bad anime.

Jesto posted:

One on One interviewed the developer of Stardew Valley, Concerned Ape. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owJXpv5LxVs A lot of the start of it doesn't really have to do with the game but rather the developer. There's some bits about the developer's history with games, the origin of Stardew Valley, Chucklefish's involvement and things like that. You can generally skip ahead a few minutes if they're talking about something not about the game and get back on track.

Community questions, almost all entirely about the game, begin at 1:28:15.

Good interview. Surprised to learn this is his first real project, it looks really well made for a first time solo developer project. I also like how he is trying to fill a niche he COULDN'T find already, instead of just cashing in on a trending cash-cow genre, like most indie developers tend to do.

P_R_Deltoid fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 5, 2013

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jul 14, 2017

Wendell
May 11, 2003

All right, now poo poo's getting interesting!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm glad to see the placeholder graphics being changed from RPG maker sprite sheets.

The only thing I'd want to see is an unlimited time mode, which I'm sure wouldn't be too hard.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Harlock posted:

I'm glad to see the placeholder graphics being changed from RPG maker sprite sheets.

The only thing I'd want to see is an unlimited time mode, which I'm sure wouldn't be too hard.

I think they are edits of sprites from Harvest Moon for the SNES, you can tell by the little nose, which the RPG Maker sprites didn't have.

:sweatdrop: I used to make RPG Maker sprites when I was a kid

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jesto posted:

By unlimited time mode, do you mean the game not stopping after a number of years? Because that's how it already functions. You can play as many years as you like, it doesn't automatically end like in some Harvest Moon games.

Or do you mean no time progression, everything stuck in permanet noon sunlight? Because that might be difficult, since different people seem to do different things depending on the time of day, meaning different events happening as well.
Oh, I thought I read in the OP that it ended after two years (like some HM games). It looks like it was edited since I last looked at it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Besides, I think the only Harvest Moon game that ended after two years was the very first one. After that, a few required you to have a certain amount of progress after two years, and the majority of the series is just 'yeah just have a great time farming until you reach the win condition'.

Rainbow Unicorn
Aug 4, 2004

Harlock posted:

Oh, I thought I read in the OP that it ended after two years (like some HM games). It looks like it was edited since I last looked at it.

The "main storyline" ends after 2 years but after that it's free play for however long you want. He has said that the environment will change depending on how you play the story (does a big megacorporation come take over the valley or not.) Of course that's all just talk at the moment.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

PC harvest moon with dungeons?

shut up and take my money.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jul 14, 2017

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Those are some pretty awesome looking atmospheric pictures. The bus in the rainy woods and the lakeside fishing picture especially. Snow's 'reflective' light too. :allears:

When's the game due, and if you say sometime 2013 things will be right cross with you mister/miss.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
This doesn't have a lot to do with this game PER SE, but is anyone else sick of this Games trend where the original post is full up to the gills with exciting content that isn't accessible because the game HASN'T BEEN RELEASED?

It's all the more disappointing in this instance because I've been looking forward to this game in particular, and as soon as I saw the thread title I got all pumped up thinking it had been published. NOPE.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jul 14, 2017

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jesto posted:

I'm sorry. :( It's just a game I'm really interested in that's on Greenlight and wanted to create exposure for on the forums like Starbound, but the Harvest Moon thread didn't seem terribly interested in it and I didn't want to bog them down with videos and screenshots of a non-Harvest Moon game.

Are you signed up for the Stardew newsletter? That should get you a release date precisely when they come out with one. And I'll have a mod edit the thread title here when it actually comes out. :)

You keep doing updates here, I love it. I keep losing this game in the shuffle but when I see this thread I get excited all over again :3:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I don't think the outdated artwork should be included in the OP.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 7, 2013

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jul 14, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jesto posted:

Do you know how to hide images behind spoiler tags? I'll put all the old stuff behind a clickable spoiler if so.
Just enclose them within the tags and they should appear on mousehover?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Jesto posted:

Do you know how to hide images behind spoiler tags? I'll put all the old stuff behind a clickable spoiler if so.

It's not possible on this forum, since I'm imagining you're talking about collapsible spoilers. The images will still take the same real estate, just in transparent mode. It'd be better to use [timg] as the tag to minimize the size of the images, and put all of them in a quote at the bottom of the OP.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

This looks super neato. I've been wanting a Harvest Moon like game for the PC for a while now so I'm already pretty excited about this. Plus it's always cool to see my name in a game since it's one you don't see too often (Sebastian). Heck, the pixel dude even kinda looks like me. I'm looking forward to release. Totally gonna marry myself :)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

It's not possible on this forum, since I'm imagining you're talking about collapsible spoilers. The images will still take the same real estate, just in transparent mode. It'd be better to use [timg] as the tag to minimize the size of the images, and put all of them in a quote at the bottom of the OP.
Can't you put the timgs within spoilers?

Jesto posted:

The problem is that the game is a work in progress and the artwork is constantly changing, so I left the older artwork in to show off more of the game. If I removed all of them, the OP would only have a handful of images showing it off.
They really give the wrong impression, especially since you have them at the top, and the newer screenshots show off the game well enough.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 7, 2013

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jul 14, 2017

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

A release date. Chop-chop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Those new screenshots look great, I especially like how the snowy one looks.