Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cartoon Man posted:

So apparently mannequins are awesome and let you quickly swap outfits. Highly recommend if you’re into fashion in this game. Just wear whatever outfit you want to put on the mannequin, walk up to it and click the action button to swap outfits instantly. There’s also a cursed mannequin out there that wanders around your house while you sleep…

I put a cursed mannequin in my husband's cabin, but he hasn't seen it moving around at night because he just crashes in my bed at night. I didn't even know that two people could go to sleep in a single bed in this game, but apparently they can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You should jump headfirst into installing SVE, Ridgeside, East Scarp, and any other mod you like at the same time.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Hellioning posted:

You should jump headfirst into installing SVE, Ridgeside, East Scarp, and any other mod you like at the same time.

You'll spend the rest of the first year introducing yourself to a thousand NPCs :D

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Started a Meadowlands farm and completed the Community Center in the middle of Winter Y1. Loving what 1.6 does to refresh the game. Still no ancient seed though~

I had tried SVE about a year back, and it didn't do nearly as much to make the game feel new. It's really well made, especially in regards to art and aesthetics, but it mostly adds more of the same. It got stale without there actually being new things to do.

ConcernedApe really aced it with the latest content patch though. Great mix of quality of life upgrades, things to fill the idle time, and - of course - amazing winter outfits.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Pththya-lyi posted:

Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
Guess I'll go eat worms

-- Linus StardewValley

Because I can't stand that look in your eye. You know? That condescending, embarrassed look. You think I'm a failure. I know who I am, and I'm proud of what I do. It was a conscious choice. I didn't gently caress up!

~Linus, probably

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

GotLag posted:

The strawberry, blueberry and cranberry bushes are there to slowly provide me with the necessary seeds to plant the next season, the rows currently growing starfruit are where I can grow whatever out-of-season crop I need for my kitchen

Is a mod providing new tree sprites or is that new?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

bunnyofdoom posted:

Question. Is there a mod to let me see just how much more experience I need to level up?

I like Lookup Anything better than the other suggesting. Just look up yourself.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Question. Is there a mod to let me see just how much more experience I need to level up?

UI Info Suite 2 also works and has an experience bar in the lower left corner that shows you current experience and what is needed. It only shows up when you do something to get experience or hold the tool that gives you that experience. I'm sure if you want you could set it up so its always on.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zesty posted:

Looks like that might be the mod Simple Foliage?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Zesty posted:

The tree sprites are unmodified, but I am using Clear Glasses and the subtle preset of Universal Recolors

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Thank you.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hm. Was Googling DCBurger's portraits to see when they last updated (they have bathing suit portraits, so it's been at least since 1.5) and I seem to have found a post about them on the Stardew Reddit just showing the portraits that got locked and then a bunch of people banned for RAMPANT TRANSPHOBIA. jesus christ. Women aren't allowed to have poo poo, not even jaws that exist.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
That sucks. Thankfully we're not on Reddit.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I had a look at that mod and every male character portrait looks like it comes from a side-scrolling fighter

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
If the portrait mod doesn't reflect the seasonal costumes, I don't want it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Yes indeed.

I kinda want a portrait mod but mostly I'd just like the vanilla portraits refreshed a bit. The new winter ones look amazing.

Grabbed 'no fence decay' mod so fast last night after my chicken pen started falling to bits.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The "slightly cuter aesthetic" portraits might be more up your alley. The edits are fairly minor, but it does things like de-angle Vincent's jaw.

There's also this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/21156

This one makes my brain feel weird.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 28, 2024

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Stardew Reddit is one of the better gaming subreddits out there and there's STILL a huge number of toxic jackasses.

parara
Apr 9, 2010
I'm gonna keep plugging Nyapu's portraits as someone who used DCburger up till now.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Stardew Reddit is one of the better gaming subreddits out there and there's STILL a huge number of toxic jackasses.

:ok:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

I just googled Werner Von Kittens Portraits Mod to see if anyone has updated it since 1.5 and a thread on Neoseeker came up where an account got removed for transphobia. Unbelievable. This internet, folks

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I just think we need to know if Kent supports Qanon

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

I just think we need to know if Kent supports Qanon

No, but only because he doesn't own a computer. In fact, few townies do, which is part of why I believe that the game is set in the in-universe equivalent of the 1990s. Far-right online conspiracy theorists would exist, but the QAnon movement wouldn't yet.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Mods locking threads with rampant transphobia instead of kicking that trash the gently caress out of the community.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I like to go to this website instead of that website so I don't have to read about transphobia!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah let's not dwell on what a gross place Reddit is too much in here.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry, didn't mean to make it a whole thing. I shouldn't have mentioned it, was just kinda gobsmacked by it and not really thinking.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Sorry, didn't mean to make it a whole thing. I shouldn't have mentioned it, was just kinda gobsmacked by it and not really thinking.

No need to apologise! You're good!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyway, I've been looking through Stardew mods for the first time in a while, and I was considering trying one of those new NPC nightmare setups, but I heard mention that Ridgeside's balance is really out of whack? Has anyone got experience with that one?

I was considering East Scarp instead, but it's in so many pieces by different people, seems like the quality would potentially vary wildly. Looks like Downtown Zuzu's just updated too.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Ridgeside is just much too big. It adds too many npcs! The game’s not balanced for it! And you need to burn much more time to reach the town compared to getting into Pelican that it feels like the day is over by the time you’ve reached somebody.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I asked specifically that you not do this
I got the "perfect luau" achievement for the first time in 1793 play hours. In Year 1. :wooper:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Because I can't stand that look in your eye. You know? That condescending, embarrassed look. You think I'm a failure. I know who I am, and I'm proud of what I do. It was a conscious choice. I didn't gently caress up!

~Linus, probably

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Linus eats the boot soup out of desperation.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Linus eats the topping pizza and the old dudes sandwich off the floor.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Linus eats the purple shorts soup out of desperation.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It is the 4th day of spring, year 2, and the 5th meteorite has crashed onto my farm. I'm beginning to get concerned.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I got the "perfect luau" achievement for the first time in 1793 play hours. In Year 1. :wooper:

You didn't miss it before, it was just added in 1.6.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I've barely touched this game in years and yet all my goon friends having fun with the new update has re-awoken my dark urge to create more terrible grandpa bed edits:

I apologize for nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
more. also please repost old ones if you still have them