Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

HopperUK posted:

All I had to do was update SMAPI and disable Fashion Sense because that one needs a little update, apparently.

e: Using Stardrop, which will update SMAPI for you if you ask
I'll try that, thank you.

edit
There, finished. Hopefully it'll work. I don't have the mental energy to deal with something this complicated simple. I just want to relax and gayly farm gay plants.
edit #2
It worked! Time to upgrade the barn and get some dangerous sheep. :toot:

Poil fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

How do you get iridium crops?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Doc Fission posted:

Deluxe fertilizer.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sloober posted:

i got a 1st first year and now it's 2nd year and i still have the mayor's boxer shorts. they're going in the grange display

you can obtain repeatable purple shorts now

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Doc Fission posted:

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Deluxe_Fertilizer

You’ll want to put this down in late game on your volcano farm, especially if you have crops that keep producing like ancient fruit.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I just have a single chest for neat poo poo, into which I'll toss a bunch of grange candidates like a gold star veg or a good fish, from which I'll draw whenever the fair rolls around. Sorry, Pierre, Lewis loves old melons more than whatever you've scrounged up.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t fertilize anything I plan on throwing in a keg or jar.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Update on my SMAPI woes. I went so far as to find a Reddit post that had the same issue as I was having. While I was trying to do the solution suggested by the post, I accidentally hit Enter instead of going back and editing the text string and that time IT JUST loving WORKED?!

I don't understand but it works now so I guess all is well? I am so confused.

EDIT: Does anybody else end up singing "Schnappy Das Kline Krokodil" but SMAPI instead when they update Stardew mods?

SMee SMa SMAPI, SMAPI SMAPI SMAP...

Just me? K.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 19, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RandolphCarter posted:

I don’t fertilize anything I plan on throwing in a keg or jar.

I'm doing a lot of this in my current game and I was wondering about this, it seems like wine/preserves aren't improved based on the quality of the crops going in? Is it a huge waste only making wine from gold star crops?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
It’s a bit inefficient but with artisan profession it’ll still be healthy profit. You can’t stop yourself from growing gold quality stuff here and there. I usually just dump speed gro on everything I intend to keg and normal/silver gets kegged, a few silver are put back into the seed maker, and gold is sold or earmarked for gifts.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh wait I just found out that I need a basement/cask to make higher quality wine. Welp I know what I have to work on tonight :v:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

explosivo posted:

I'm doing a lot of this in my current game and I was wondering about this, it seems like wine/preserves aren't improved based on the quality of the crops going in? Is it a huge waste only making wine from gold star crops?

If you're able to mod, I grabbed a mod that makes artisan goods keep their quality. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm pumping out Ancient Fruit/Starfruit wine with it yet. We'll see how badly it breaks the game when I get to that point!

(Also I don't personally care how badly it breaks the game at this point.)

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

explosivo posted:

Oh wait I just found out that I need a basement/cask to make higher quality wine. Welp I know what I have to work on tonight :v:

wine takes a really long time to age up to iridium quality so i'm not even sure if the profit nets out over something like aging cheese which has a fast turnaround, i still throw some starfruit or ancient fruit wine in to age b/c its sometimes just really funny to sell a item worth that much.

i also found out that you can get legendary fish roe the other day when i got 3 Legend II roe and its base cost is like 2500g

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Starfruit and Ancient Fruit wines are more G/day than Cheese/Goat's Cheese but are the only things that are. https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Cask_Productivity

Depends a bit how often you want to go into the cellar I guess. Aging wines is mostly nice because it's gold for very very little player time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tylana posted:

Starfruit and Ancient Fruit wines are more G/day than Cheese/Goat's Cheese but are the only things that are. https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Cask_Productivity

Depends a bit how often you want to go into the cellar I guess. Aging wines is mostly nice because it's gold for very very little player time.

drat that is good to know, I picked Rancher so looks like aged cheese will get me a good amount of money. Now I just need to upgrade the house again and buy the cellar.. :sweatdrop:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tylana posted:

This.

It takes two full seasons for wine to age to iridium quality. The easiest path forward is to either grow star fruit wine in the greenhouse or ancient fruit if you don’t want to even bother with replanting. To min max the basement you need 200 casks and it takes half a day to do this:

Lay out a row of casks and put the wine in as you go, work from the bottom right to the top left.

The upside is that you only need to harvest it twice a year as it takes two full seasons to get to iridium quality. You’ll earn about $1,000,000 gold when you sell it.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 19, 2024

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
That cannot be worth it. Just make it walkable or use Automate.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Automate is for cowards.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Use Automate and go to bed at 5PM the day they pull/refill so it's less blatant cheating.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

explosivo posted:

drat that is good to know, I picked Rancher so looks like aged cheese will get me a good amount of money. Now I just need to upgrade the house again and buy the cellar.. :sweatdrop:

As unintuitive as it is, Artisan from the farming tree is better for selling processed animal products than Rancher from the animal tree.

This is silly and I don't like it, but them's the breaks if you aren't modding.

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

EDIT: Does anybody else end up singing "Schnappy Das Kline Krokodil" but SMAPI instead when they update Stardew mods?

SMee SMa SMAPI, SMAPI SMAPI SMAP...

Just me? K.

Yes I do sometimes, and I know from personal experience that at least one modder does as well.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Deluxe_Fertilizer

You’ll want to put this down in late game on your volcano farm, especially if you have crops that keep producing like ancient fruit.

quote:

Deluxe Fertilizer only affects the basic harvest, which means that extra crops gained at harvest (

You'd probably be better off using the top tier retaining soil - 100% chance to retain water, so water once and you're good, no sprinklers needed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

That cannot be worth it. Just make it walkable or use Automate.

Keep in mind that when you’re in late game you’re no longer rushing around as much. Harvesting and filling that basement takes half a day at most and you only have to do it twice a year in order to make over $2M gold. You lay out a row of empty casks, run down it filling them with wine, then start on the next row. If that’s too much :effort:, I get why people just say gently caress it and use mods. All depends on how you enjoy the game.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oxyclean posted:

You'd probably be better off using the top tier retaining soil - 100% chance to retain water, so water once and you're good, no sprinklers needed.

How I interpreted that for crops that give you more than one thing on harvest (like coffee and blueberries), only the first one is affected by the quality fertilizer. It should work fine for Ancient Fruit.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

How I interpreted that for crops that give you more than one thing on harvest (like coffee and blueberries), only the first one is affected by the quality fertilizer. It should work fine for Ancient Fruit.

Oh, that might make more sense.

Though if you're processing it, quality still doesn't matter.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I wonder what is the theoretical maximum amount of Starfruit you can be growing at once, if you cram your entire farm full of big sheds and play long enough to get enough clay and fiber to fill them all with garden pots with deluxe retaining soil.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
leaning in and whispering that if you’re generating house rules for mods you use so you’re not cheating while min maxing as much as possible that you can actually just relax and have fun instead. it’s fine you’re not hurting anyone either way

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

last night I sold a ton of star fruit. Now Kent wants some. So I planted more star fruit, but only two. Near a quality sprinkler. Unfertilized. :twisted:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Just musing out loud here. I've gone back and forth on whether the bats or mushroom cave is better.

I used to do mushrooms, because mushrooms can be a pain to get and you can craft them into Life Elixirs.

With Life Elixirs no longer restoring energy (only health), mushrooms lost a lot of utility! Life Elixirs were the main reason to stockpile mushrooms.

Now with that utility lost and with Mushroom Logs being a thing... I've swung around to the bats being better. Plus bats are cuter anyway!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The decision is permanent, right? I went for mushrooms, but I came to the realization that fruit bats are better, too.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Bats are better with the advent of mushroom logs.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Torrannor posted:

The decision is permanent, right? I went for mushrooms, but I came to the realization that fruit bats are better, too.

Yeah it's permanent, but it's not a huge deal really. I'll just keep it in mind for the future to go bats.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I'm still pro-Bats but a free Dehydrator is nothing to sneeze at.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Torrannor posted:

yeah but tbh it doesnt matter after the first year

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I've always been very pro-mushrooms because in the very early game (the only part of the game where anything really matters) the common mushrooms are helpful energy boosters and the others sell for decent dough.

1.6 finally fixed the longstanding bug that allowed you to collect the mushrooms every day instead of every other day as long as you waited until after 10AM to do so. That pushes it into a much closer call.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I've always picked the fruit bats, but it seems like mushroom logs obviate the need for the mushroom cave. All the mushrooms I need to craft Life Elixirs I can get just from collecting enough moss and hardwood.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 19, 2024

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

As a tea mogul, I like turning common mushrooms into wild seeds that I can turn into tea seeds.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Alxprit posted:

As a tea mogul, I like turning common mushrooms into wild seeds that I can turn into tea seeds.

What do you do with all the tea? Just sell it?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
It used to sell reasonably well for the investment yeah. As I remember the newest patch halved sell price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Shame if so. I just liked having it in my house as something I could grow without worrying about watering. I suppose in the new era of quality retaining soil it'd be better to just make it all more ancient fruit instead though.