Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So I have both the muscle shirt and the flame shirt. I can easily get the genie pants and dye them orange. I can change my hair to be spikey and blonde. Therefore which G should I be?

Should I go Goku or go Guy Fieri?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Is Goku Fieri too long?

EDIT : Oh I see, shirt choice, not name choice. nvm.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Tylana posted:

Is Goku Fieri too long?

EDIT : Oh I see, shirt choice, not name choice. nvm.

Oh gently caress...... well I know the name I am using for my next save.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bunnyofdoom posted:

So I have both the muscle shirt and the flame shirt. I can easily get the genie pants and dye them orange. I can change my hair to be spikey and blonde. Therefore which G should I be?

Should I go Goku or go Guy Fieri?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh gently caress...... well I know the name I am using for my next save.

Flame shirt. Spikey white hair. Orange Genie Pants.

Goku Fieri's Sensu Bean farm.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

First trip to the skull mines and its going pretty good. Even got a prismatic shard from the first iridium node I found. I decide to leave when I have 4 serpents chasing me, as one does, and decide to teleport back to the farm.

This was the first time I used a teleport and I realized I never cleared a path to it. A stick and a tree blocked my way and I left my axe at home. No bombs. I had to wait until I passed out to get unstuck.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

better than dying!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I long for the single iridium ore for minecarts

I also long to just skip the fishing grind because jesus christ but whatever I'll knuckle down on that

I remember catching most of the legendary fish as soon as I was able and dealing with the crazy difficulty, I do not have the patience for that anymore. . .

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Stayed up late to hit fall 1. Gosh the moonlight jellies dance is so pretty. I'm loving this game all over again.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Solumin posted:

You didn't miss it before, it was just added in 1.6.

Oh hey, that's neat. All the new achievements are things I've done in earlier versions, which means that eventually I'll be right back to where I was, with 3 uncompleted achievements (because gently caress Joja, and double-gently caress the Prairie King).

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

just get the mod that makes prairie king easy

no regrets

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Zokari posted:

just get the mod that makes prairie king easy

no regrets

:yeah:

's what I did

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Pththya-lyi posted:

Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
Guess I'll go eat worms

-- Linus StardewValley

BORN TO DIE
STARDEW IS A gently caress
Kill Em All 2016
I am Trash Man
410,757,864,530 DEAD JUNIMOS

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Got all the golden acorns that weren't bullshit RNG drops and then just joja bird'd the rest of them. Oh and also that loving lightspeed simon says puzzle, gently caress off with that poo poo. No I'm not sorry, a couple hundred thousand is worth it to not have to grind a ton of dumb drops.

Definitely looking like Year 3 is going to be settling into raking in giga profits while I bang my head against Qi challenges and try to buy that goddamn clock.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Ridgeside is just much too big. It adds too many npcs! The game’s not balanced for it! And you need to burn much more time to reach the town compared to getting into Pelican that it feels like the day is over by the time you’ve reached somebody.

There's alot of NPCs, but it doesn't really take much longer to get there.
East Scarp is much farther away, tho.

I'd say it's mostly unbalanced because of the weapons you can get from it are hilariously overpowered.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
that's why I always go jojomart path and use mods to arrest linus for indigence as well as gentrify stardew valley

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

limp_cheese posted:

First trip to the skull mines and its going pretty good. Even got a prismatic shard from the first iridium node I found. I decide to leave when I have 4 serpents chasing me, as one does, and decide to teleport back to the farm.

This was the first time I used a teleport and I realized I never cleared a path to it. A stick and a tree blocked my way and I left my axe at home. No bombs. I had to wait until I passed out to get unstuck.

Same thing happened to me last night on the way back from the Night Market. I teleported away with my pockets full of fish, and realized we had never cleared a path to the teleporter. I passed out while trying to hack my way back to our house.

Oops!

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Ridgeside is just much too big. It adds too many npcs! The game’s not balanced for it! And you need to burn much more time to reach the town compared to getting into Pelican that it feels like the day is over by the time you’ve reached somebody.

That's why you also install a time speed mod (I use TimeSpeed), a walking speed mod (Movement Speed), or both. Kinda "cheaty", sure, but once you've done the normal game a few times it's nice not to feel so rushed about everything.

Oh, and also if you use Ridgeside or any other mods with a bunch of NPCs, Friends Forever or a similar mod to stop friendship decay is an absolute must, unless you're doing some sort of hardcore RP "Well of course the farmer couldn't literally be best friends with like a hundred people at once..." sort of thing.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Gamerofthegame posted:

I long for the single iridium ore for minecarts

I also long to just skip the fishing grind because jesus christ but whatever I'll knuckle down on that

I remember catching most of the legendary fish as soon as I was able and dealing with the crazy difficulty, I do not have the patience for that anymore. . .

Don't sleep on panning now, it's how I got my blob of purple for minecarts... in like Winter 10. (Y1) :D

Kor
Feb 15, 2012

wtf i've been losing my mind swapping out stuff on the top row of the inventory to put into machines or go on gifting runs, to the point where i was starting to consider looking for some kind of inventory or tool ring style mod

nobody and nothing ever told me that you can just press tab to have the hotbar switch between inventory rows, i just pressed it on accident and noticed what happened. this changes so much i could cry.

dennyk posted:

That's why you also install a time speed mod (I use TimeSpeed), a walking speed mod (Movement Speed), or both. Kinda "cheaty", sure, but once you've done the normal game a few times it's nice not to feel so rushed about everything.

Oh, and also if you use Ridgeside or any other mods with a bunch of NPCs, Friends Forever or a similar mod to stop friendship decay is an absolute must, unless you're doing some sort of hardcore RP "Well of course the farmer couldn't literally be best friends with like a hundred people at once..." sort of thing.

if you want all of this stuff in one place plus some other utilities for stuff like fishing or stopping fences from degrading (and obviously more cheesy stuff), the CJB Cheats Menu mod is fantastic

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I always worry about cruel RNG especially re: shards, but on the other hand my current game gifted me a Trash Catalogue for being nosy and gross all the time so it's probably fine

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Didn’t catch a single puffer fish in summer despite buying 20 puffer baits from Willy. Hoping I get lucky with the cart

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kor posted:

wtf i've been losing my mind swapping out stuff on the top row of the inventory to put into machines or go on gifting runs, to the point where i was starting to consider looking for some kind of inventory or tool ring style mod

nobody and nothing ever told me that you can just press tab to have the hotbar switch between inventory rows, i just pressed it on accident and noticed what happened. this changes so much i could cry.

Oh you poor soul. :ohdear:

Fyi on controller you use the triggers to do the same thing. Bumper to swap between items, trigger to swap rows.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I was informed I should be posting these grandpa edits here.

Body pillow grandpa

Buff shirtless grandpa

Still dead grandpa

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tylana posted:

Don't sleep on panning now, it's how I got my blob of purple for minecarts... in like Winter 10. (Y1) :D

Yeah, for real, it’s fixed now to be useful. Snagged 10 iridium with the gold pan.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I somehow got through the simon says memory game first try on my last file.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I was informed I should be posting these grandpa edits here.

Body pillow grandpa

Buff shirtless grandpa

Still dead grandpa

thank you:)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
"And for my very special dictator..."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hello I would like one "Stardew 1.6 Xbox Update" please and thank you

I have no money

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nor the right kind of ram

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Cyflan posted:

I'd say it's mostly unbalanced because of the weapons you can get from it are hilariously overpowered.

Me running around with Carmen's +20 Defense weapon after maxing her hearts out early because she Loves literally Any Fish: I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Finally made it to the desert festival. Love it, it’s fantastic! Great addition to the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fall is about to end and this is what my farm is looking so far. I'll be reworking things in winter to something like this:

When I start my day I head straight down to the barn, right towards the cave and then back up to where the crops will be and end at the shed where I can put stuff into machines or into the shipping box.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Are spicy eels and expresso the easiest way to get double speed buffs?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

poe meater posted:

Super meals are sold by the dwarf vendor halfway up the volcano dungeon.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Leal posted:

Fall is about to end and this is what my farm is looking so far. I'll be reworking things in winter to something like this:

When I start my day I head straight down to the barn, right towards the cave and then back up to where the crops will be and end at the shed where I can put stuff into machines or into the shipping box.

Very nice! I'm in fall 4 and just getting the barn up. I've put it in the same yard as the coop but there's not going to be enough grass in there so I'll have to expand it I think. Got my steel axe coming in a day or two. Just got kegs. I am enjoying the chill pace and not thinking too hard about anything other than my own personal goals.
Next goal: remember that I installed that to-do mod so that I can remember my goals.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Leal posted:

When I start my day I head straight down to the barn, right towards the cave and then back up to where the crops will be and end at the shed where I can put stuff into machines or into the shipping box. Also going to move bees to Ginger Island and probably set up a second shed where they currently are.

Your paths are much nicer than mine:

TBD this winter is moving the coop down in between the barns, moving the greenhouse up to where the coop is, and then having a row of ponds along the top of the path where the greenhouse currently is.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tylana posted:

I dunno, panning is neat but if you're waiting on the fishing bundle you might as well just buy through the bus and get to the desert for regular iridium mining

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

poe meater posted:

Pepper poppers are probably the easiest speed buff food to make as long as you have a few cows producing cheese. It's easy to stockpile a ton of peppers during the summer.

Crab cakes are also pretty easy if you have a lot of crab pots, and they last all day while poppers will wear off mid-afternoon.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Grey Cat, those are awesome.

Thanks for mentioning the "win Prairie King" mod because *gently caress* that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Does that mod let you get the achievement cause gently caress that’s tempting. :shepface: