Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any of these harvest moon like games on Android? One stipulation is that they don't suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Just got this game, and I have NO idea how I was only able to play 20-25 minutes last night, holy poo poo. Can't wait to play more.

Has there been a timeline estimate at all for multiplayer? Also, do we know if it's literally just 'hey, more than one person can farm at once!' or will there be any sort of 'Send this item to <Steam friend>' through the mail' asynchronous stuff? I'm watching a few videos of the game, and there's a bunch of potential for more Animal Crossing-esque stuff, but I'd understand if the dev's not planning it.

Still, it'd be awesome to have! :shobon:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

HopperUK posted:

He's said he won't give a timeline at all, and he has no idea when it'll be done. But it's actual co-op farming with two people on the map together, farming jointly. I can't wait.

Ah ok, great!

I wonder if it'll be like another game by the same publisher that I don't want to mention, in that you can take items back to your single player game. :iiam:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

I welcome this change. While it takes a little bit away from "realism" it caters to my completionist tendencies. NPCs will feel "finished" once I hit 10 hearts now.

Just think of it as once you get to 10 hearts, you've essentially prevented that NPC from knowing 'how to quit you'.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Germstore posted:

"I'll do some work until the blacksmith opens."

*works some, looks at clock 3:40*

"not again-"

Hahaha, happened to me yesterday, except it was Willy for 5pm. HOW DID I MISS THAT HUGE TIME WINDOW?!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This is the first game in a really long time that's made me wish I was home on a day off to just play it as much as I wanted to. :swoon:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Man, I hope this game doesn't spawn a sequel that ends up looking like Harvest Moon 64. Am I the only one that hated the look of that game?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I read some advice on here to buy an apple tree sapling in Spring 1... good god, how do I get 4k in that first month? :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If you were building a real farm, you'd probably have to plan ahead for weeks, if not months, to decide exactly where to put it, how much materials are needed, overall cost, etc :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Man, I really wish you could mail items to other players :3: That'd be so great, especially if they couple it with extremely rare items that only show up in some peoples' games.

EDIT: Ok, weird... I saw Morris' face, and recognize it as someone's avatar. Was that here on SA? Broad question, I know, but maybe someone knows who I mean.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 4, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thor-Stryker posted:

Honestly if they just made it 2player Co-Op then significant-others everywhere could play along as the spouse. My gf wants to play with me, so having that option would rock.

I've mentioned it before, but I'd be totally and absolutely down for Animal Crossing-style multiplayer. Almost entirely asynchronous, able to mail letters and gifts to other people if you have them on Steam (or through a code, maybe?), and the ability to hop in to a game, if the host has it set accordingly (with it being locked down by default).

So, I've decided that me/my dude Buddypants is going to go after Leah. Where does she usually go during the day? She likes wine and a lot of cooked meals, so after I get my kitchen, I'll be aiming to set up kegs and make a bunch of that.

This game :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

drunk asian neighbor posted:

The nice thing is you can pretty much just tweet at ConcernedApe with the bug and it'll most likely get fixed.

I'm pretty sure someone on Reddit reached out to him about a patch corrupting their save file and Ape literally fixed the save file for the guy

It's nice when you have a single person to report bugs and poo poo rather than a faceless department of a major gaming company.

I guess ConcernedApe is like Pierre, whereas AAA games are made by JojaMart.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I am also pro-Leah :toot:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WhiteHowler posted:

Look at the future earning potential of the various girlfriends:

- Leah will always be a starving artist

Leah will not starve if I have anything to say about it! :argh:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 7, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

last time I talked to this guy was when he saw me dig trash out of a trashcan and said "hey don't do that" and then I gave it to him and he said "hey don't give me your trash" so I bet we're both feeling really comfortable right now

Oh my god, that festival looks INCREDIBLE, and now I can't wait until winter :toot:

Is this a mod, or just blocks I haven't crafted yet?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hmm... "Sweet Bean Farm Jelly and Preservatives".

I like it!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

Tell me Gumbel2Gumbel, how does one suck a gently caress?

*whispers* ...because I'm all ears.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh man, I just started playing again, first time since probably around July and whooaaaaa, there are a lot of changes.

This game... :negative: and :toot:

Hey, what's the deal with the community centre? When does it open? I went there on day 3 and it was locked. I want to make sure that I get everything done for spring in time, unlike last time where I only went in there in summer, or the very last day of spring, so I missed out on a bunch.

I'm not a min/maxer, but I'd like to be somewhat efficient.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

From the wiki:

"The Community Center is a location in Stardew Valley. Entering Pelican Town from the bus stop screen on any sunny day, from Spring 5th onward when the time is between 8:50 am and 11:50 am will trigger a cut scene with Lewis regarding the Community Center. He'll lead you there, and you will find some strange creatures called Junimos that fade in and out of existence, along with a glowing placard covered in strange writing. If you attempt to read the placard then the next day you will receive a letter from the Wizard and can enter his house. Once you have consumed the Wizard's potion, you can return to the Community Center to read the placards and give offerings to the Junimos."

I... Suppose I could've looked that up myself. Thanks!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, in general, without getting into extremely :sperg: levels of optimization, what should I be busying myself with in winter?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

You know that stuff you never have enough time for due to farming? Do that.

e: Not being a jerk, just play as you like.

All good! I assumed that there was specific stuff for winter that needed to be done, but it sounds like it's a bit of that, but mostly "work on stuff that doesn't die during the season".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Another sort of meta fishing tip: build a storage container and put it near the fisherman's hut/store (I can't remember many of the character names, sorry). That way, your inventory can be cleared out quickly and you can spend more time actually fishing instead of selling off your fish to make room.

Edit: this is assuming you're fishing near his place

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MrSlam posted:

Dad Update:

Summer of Year 2
-Junimos are Goblins Those Things Gnomes Forest Sprites Wood Sprites
-George is that evil dictator looking guy
-Going into people's houses without their permission or while they're not there is rude and he can't fathom why the game thinks it's normal
-He still refuses to make friends with anyone, but he's learning their names.
-He can now move around the map almost like a normal person. Almost.
-His priority seems to be the Community Center. He was disheartened when I told him to find a truffle he'd have to upgrade his barn twice.
-For some reason he's under the impression that you have to hit every rock in a level of the mine before you could go downward.
-He's yet to make it to Level 10 of the mine.
-He has yet to catch a fish. He refuses to let me help him level up. I'm going to suggest buying a bunch of crab pots and baiting them every day though it's going to take an intolerable amount of time at least it'll move him forward.
-He thinks the rewards from the Library are stupid and decoration in general are stupid.
-He finished the Crafting Room Bundle and I kept telling him to go to the bridge the Junimos Wood Sprites repaired. When he finally did go to the quarry three days later he was astounded :stonk:
-Playing time last night probably ended somewhere around 2AM

These are the best updates. :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, so that machine that takes 100 slime and makes an egg... What's the point? You make the egg, then you hatch it, to get... Another slime? Where's the benefit here?

I'm not there yet, just saw it on a co-worker's farm, so maybe he and I are missing something important.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Any word on Steam Workshop integration?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Paul.Power posted:

Worms Armageddon

This answer.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think you all should post your own house layouts, because I need some inspiration for decorating :colbert:

Also, I'm glad I'm taking my time; last time I had played this game, by winter I felt so frustrated because of the community centre. This time, though, I aim for everything that I can get in year 1 without going crazy, and then finish off the rest the next year.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I still think we should post screenshots of our house interiors :colbert:

Mostly because I need inspiration :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I won't lie, I laughed out loud at the cat thing. Nice.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I pretend the wizard is the videogame manifestation of Terry Pratchett, and it all makes sense.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Prop Wash posted:

1500 people and a great connection where I live. We have a wonderful local bakery and two pizza places and that's about it. And yes life is pretty good!

How often do you get to fishing?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

And now I'm imagining an older Vincent and Jaz getting drunk at the saloon swapping tall tales of the Farmer ala the old Bill Brasky SNL sketch.

THAT FARMER HAD THREE TESTICLES.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Robin is the best source of wood.

Especially if you date/marry her :getin:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LLSix posted:

Looking forward to it. I wonder how they're going to handle time pausing when you talk or eat food.

Like Minecraft, I'm assuming, in that there'd be no pausing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just want to say that I'm VERY thankful that there's no ultimate 'best' way to play this game, like absolutely having to have a perfect farm by a certain timeframe.

Granted, I haven't been visited by my grandfather yet (I'm only in year two), but from what I've heard, you can just keep getting more time, which is fantastic.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I mean, you could do a ridiculous amount of trial and error, but I've resigned myself to use the wiki for finding out that info, and I genuinely don't feel like I'm "gaming the system" or ruining anything.

Now, if I was to cheat in items, that would kill it for me.

Anyway, I'm getting back into this game in a huge way, and I'm TWO ITEMS AWAY from the greenhouse. Once I get the goat milk and duck egg, I'm all set, and my coffee empire will begin :getin:

I want to ask questions about this game but everything's available on the wiki. Ah well.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

buglord posted:

This game was a very fun ride and I want to throw money at an expansion DLC.

I really hope that dlc happens. I would happily shell out money for anything CA wants to add, and I REALLY trust his judgement for everything SV-related, as it's literally all him. Has there been any word on anything that might be coming, aside from multiplayer?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Just got my greenhouse :toot:

Planted one coffee bean, the only one I have. Looking forward to starting a coffee empire from this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, if I don't care about the products that come from animals anymore (really doing a 'gently caress everything, got the greenhouse' sort of thing now), will I miss out on anything now that I sold all of my cows, goats, chickens, and ducks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ha! I almost woke up my wife from legitimately laughing out loud at this. :golfclap: