Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I have been mega stoked for this since the day I found it waaaaaay back when greenlight started. I hear it's getting pretty close to breaking into the greenlight top 100?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Stardew Valley just got a little writeup on IndieGames http://indiegames.com/2013/02/multiplayer_farming_rpg_starde.html

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Asciana posted:

How do you have this?
It's off of the dev's twitter feed.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

elzie posted:

Stardew Valley has officially been Greenlit! It was chosen in the latest batch of six.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1569781302750532884
:woop:

Man I hit that button back the day it hit greenlight. I'm so proud.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Adding in a museum is genius. Scratching some of that Animal Crossing itch.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Refried Noodle posted:

Oh god it's like someone took everything good about Harvest Moon and made it into a new game. He should make a kickstarter or something, he deserves my money more than I do.
He could but he kind of doesn't really need to at this point, he's already got Greenlit on Steam so it is definitely coming out on there when it's done.

A Kickstarter would probably let him work full time on it if he isn't already, but sometimes it's gotta be nice to not have to deal with the demands of a huge Kickstarter base if you don't really need the seed money to finish your game. And it's also true that generally game development grinds to an absolute halt during a Kickstarter because you often need to devote a lot of time to answering questions and dealing with getting the word out and all that other poo poo.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Another new dev update!

http://stardewvalley.net/mini-dev-update-7/

Flowers :allears:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm just gonna raise a pig as a pet and no one can stop me.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Ape is probably working on this part time too, unless his publisher gave him an advance or something. He could probably kickstart the game but at this point, since it's already greenlit he's pretty much guaranteed to make mad cash once it comes out. This kind of game tends to attract a lot of people.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Bring it up to the guy makin the game, he's been fairly receptive to feedback like this so far.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I got a great idea: Microbrews with ridiculous procedurally generated names.

Make if happen, Ape.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Catts posted:

:ironicat:

Reading through some of the comments on the dev site, apparently all of the love interests are available regardless of the player's sex. Pretty neat to see that in a Harvest Moon-esque game; I don't think any of the proper titles have ever included that. Or even any non-HM farming sim titles, for that matter.
Yeah someone brought it up while the game was being greenlit and Ape made that change just about immediately, I think he said he just hadn't considered it until someone pointed it out.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
He also hasn't crowdfunded it so either he's working on it part time or he has the means to afford to work on it full time. I suppose chucklefish could probably be fronting dev costs.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's also already greenlit. It was greenlit like a year ago.

But man, having a website and a goddamn forum is a pain in the rear end if you don't want to deal with it. I wouldn't want to have to be responsible for modding my own forum, especially for one of these sandbox games that seems to attract legions of tweens.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
:siren: Steam page is up! :siren:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think I remember him saying $15 bucks somewhere but don't quote me on that.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah this game was like one of the early greenlight titles. Like shortly after greenlight became a thing.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

Seeds of Memories was just released for iOS.

Seeds of Memory isn't very good imo.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think Interstellaria is getting a big UI update soon.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Xavier434 posted:

This sort of feature has been around since the NES/SNES days and it is very convenient so I hope that it is part of the game too. I mostly use it because I can read the scrolling text faster than it scrolls.

Well the game is going to continue to be worked on so if it's not a feature you can totally just tweet at the dev or something and ask for it.

Hell, do it right now he's probably still working on poo poo leading up to release on Friday.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
http://cornellsun.com/2016/02/23/stardew-valley-pushing-the-boundaries-of-farming-rpgs/

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I've been waiting for this dang game since it appeared on Steam Greenlight, back when Greenlight first came out. It was in like the second batch of games accepted back when that poo poo was a nightmare.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
No videos for me I want to go in pure like the newly fallen snow that is covering my entire life atm.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
keep the faith friends, soon we will be up to our eyeballs in turnips

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah give the guy a break it's programmer art and it's worlds better than it was when he first started working on it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/702935611951308800

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Dirk the Average posted:

You know, with Factorio on Steam today and this coming out tomorrow, I never before realized how much I want to combine the two. Automate farming and slowly grow the output with a combination of early manual labor that slowly gets automated away as you focus on more and more complex systems over time.

Keep your corporate job-destroying factories out of my pastoral life simulator :catstare:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I will fight anyone who tries to automate my farm. I'll chase them off while hootin and hollerin and brandishing a pitchfork.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

what if you don't have to :aaaaa:

Gonna farm the dankest nugs and take home the blue ribbon at the county fair.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

LeFishy posted:

So I am a huge harvest moon fan and I would love to buy this game but I probably spend more time playing games on my various handhelds than I do on pc.

Does this game have any features that really set it apart from the hm series, the level of customisation is definitely a selling point, does it have any kind of automation to speak of?

I mean I'll almost definitely pick it up anyway if it is affordable I just want to try and justify my decision beforehand.

You can apparently install sprinkler systems???

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

There's still a chance that one of them might be a robot.

My perfect metal husbando

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

PirateDentist posted:

An hour before I leave for work today, on the only second shift I've had to cover in a year. :shepspends: Gonna toss it on the tablet before I jet and hope the back half of the shift is nice and quiet.

I tried watching some streaming to sate my agricultural lust, but Bexyish was the only one I could stand. Early beta tester with like 400 hours in the game, so she knew what she was doing. Everyone else just annoyed me too much in some way. "Why are you planting in that pattern!? You're wasting water and effort! WHY DID YOU PLANT ONLY 7 CROPS IN A DIAGONAL LINE."

If you can walk on plants then you just go for the squares, but if you cant the optimal planting pattern in the original Harvest Moon was the fat C. I was fine with wasting that last seed because I didn't want a single plant waiting around while I watered it up after harvesting all the ones around it.

That's assuming all plants will go in a 3x3 square but it looks like one seed is one square in Stardew so you can really just go nuts.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 26, 2016

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
it's similar enough to the fishing in Breath of Fire 3 that I got confused because I was just hammering the button the first time trying to use the joystick to keep the green area over the fish

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
A fuckin crow ate one of my parsnips!!!!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
it was day three I can't craft the strawman yet!!!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is there any point to fishing all of this trash out of my pond? Aside from catching the occasional can of Jojo cola.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Don't get knocked out in the mines it is garbo. You lose 500 gold, several random items, and 10 levels from your elevator progress.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Frigg how many eggs do you need to get to win the egg hunt? Abigail is kicking my rear end.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I did it. You have to get 9 eggs to win. 8 or lower and Abigail wins.

I won a straw hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Ugh gently caress a ladder spawned under me and I can't move off it to go down it.