Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm going to kill every cow I see. I can't make delicious meat products out of arm animals in Harvest Moon, so I need to do it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I think that was mostly an old harvest moon thing. None of the newer ones do that, IIRC.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Maru's dad scared me away from her.

That is exactly why you must marry her or Sebastian, to get them away from Demetrius.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

LLSix posted:

Two? I skipped over that generation of HM games. Which two?

You can be a girl or a boy, right?

That means it is both Friends of Mineral Town and More Friend of Mineral Town because this was still back when they made separate games for a male playable character and a female playable character except you had to wait a year and a half to be a girl.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have lots of animals on my farm because I like animals and I would play an exclusively animal version of one of these farming games if I could.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I do like Stardew's character plotting more than any Harvest Moon game, and I like its expanded range of subject matter in comparison to HM, but I do agree that there isn't really enough dialogue to pull off the characters beats they're going for.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well poo poo now I need to make another save file to have all the farms.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I spent my entire first playthrough going 'why would I automate watering plants that's like most of my fun'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ugh. Did an entire's day of fishing, got treasures with 3 things for the museum I don't have, and then accidentally give Haley an item she hates because I forgot to switch back to the fishing rod. Clearly I have to reset, do the day again, and not get the three items.

The things I do to ensure I have someone to dance with at the first flower dance.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Coolguye posted:

I kinda dislike Shane’s arc that people apparently like so much because it is a depressed addict being fixed by someone, effectively

Depression and addiction are two things that nobody but the sufferer can “fix” because they are lifelong struggles that will continue no matter what your “fixer” happens to be doing that day. Environment and support structures are very important but the actual work and effort to self improve must be the sufferer’s responsibility and Shane doesn’t do the whole responsibility thing very well at any point.

The game itself does a fair bit to acknowledge that he isn't 'fixed' just because you married him (he still has beer cans in part of the house, for example).

I do think it could go to better lengths to show that, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

To be fair, the game does show that the only reason Pierre isn't doing the same poo poo Joja does is because he physically cannot. If we was in charge of this branch of Joja and Morris had his own general store in town, they would act the exact same.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Why decide your spouse based on decor? You should instead base your decor on your spouse.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rain totems exist and can be used in winter.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Alex feeds his dog steak as a snack.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'd give Demetrius the benefit of the doubt in that scene since I can understand the confusion, but he is a bad step-parent, so I won't. Let me split him and Robin up so I can be the step-parent Seb deserves.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Seb's in a band and hangs out with his friends every friday night.

He's not a basement dwelling computer nerd, he's a basement dwelling pothead.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I refuse to allow my animals to get drunk. Casks do not go in barns.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Huh. I'm kind of curious how that works.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It's close enough to Stardew that I keep thinking 'this is just a very ambitious Stardew mod' and then I see something completely off from Stardew and the dissonance freaks me out.

Still I am into both cute ghosts and chocolate so this game is right up my alley.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I like how the chocolate shop is in the middle of town. Makes you less isolated from the people.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The real question is this: Lily, Maddie, or Jett?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pierre would absolutely be Morris if he had the resources.

Hell, actually he'd be Morris' boss.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am aware those are supposed to be safety goggles but I can see them as nothing but sweet shades.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

We don't know. We don't know most anything about the game, honestly.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

There are no bad marriage candidates in Stardew Valley.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It's an artstyle thing, I think. Plenty of the characters read as adults for me, if young adults.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I don't know, what does the writer do with ink?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Big fan of bees. Big fan of bee music.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SVE. Ridgeside. Scarp.

Are you really playing a game if don't have so many mods the game chugs to load and your social tab features more modded characters than original?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I give all my animals proper titles (Mr. Mrs. Ms. M. Mx. Dr. Sir Madam, etc.) and 'cute' adjectives (fluffy, fuzzy, feathers, fluffikins, etc.)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Jas's little beanie hat.

Sebastian's scarf.

Excellent.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Game is objectively perfect now.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rynoto posted:

Still can't give the pet a sword and fancy Halloween outfit :colbert:

I do not trust my cat or my dog with swords.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pretty mermaid statues.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

There is no character it is wrong to dislike except for Krobus. There is no character it is wrong to like except for Pierre.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Demetrius is a good parent to at least one of his children, which is more than you can say of Pierre.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yay. March will be a good month.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Everything in this update is a banger.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

All romance options are good. Except for that one in Stardew Valley Extended that is, like, a shy anime-and-cosplay-loving pink-haired older teenager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My current Meadowlands Farm is animal focused, with me only growing crops in the small patch outside the house for cash to build the animal buildings. I am just using default names for animals. I have downloaded the Elle's Cute Coop/Barn animals mods, so I have a black chicken already. It is cute.