Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
no wonder so much in Stardew Valley is broken down, some residents live in poverty and Joja Mart is muscling in, they're just constantly partying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
everyone can see the Junimos, they just collectively pretend not to

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
new farm or same farm

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
my pale ale operation has made me wealthy and pam will reap the benefits in one way or another

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
if a bunny suddenly appeared or I suddenly appeared at a bunny's side and it was demanding pets, I'd pet the bunny. for my health.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Doc Fission posted:

My Skull Cavern Elevator mod is acting up and I need to figure out which mod is screwing with it because frankly there is no way on this gay Earth I'm gonna do that poo poo normal

my mom does

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
no kegerator mod? wow just wow. 0/10

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
do not marry a wizard

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
poe meater eat the egg

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
that's why I always go jojomart path and use mods to arrest linus for indigence as well as gentrify stardew valley

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

HopperUK posted:

It's obviously Canadian.

it's greasy af

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I will forgive them for what they did to Steve Irwin

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
it's a good idea to shift some of your perks around based on what you need and when. Prospector is good when you need coal and the +1 ore/vein on miner is helpful early as well. Gatherer and Botanist are quite good early on but eventually you'll need way more wood or need that wood earlier if you didn't plant trees to cover yourself ahead of time.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

Unintentionally, I have become history's greatest monster

My dog is trapped by the stable, the bin, and the trees. It's actually really convenient because now he's always right next to his bowl and I can give him his morning pat at the same time I fill it

the actual, for real, crime in that image is the stable is on the wrong side of the house so the roofs are not aligned properly. shame shame shame

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

ILL Machina posted:

I might be weird but I have made a rule for myself that I don't chop trees on the farm unless they are blocking new growth or in the way of my farming plot. I chop all the external trees as soon as they're ready for the free regrowth. I am sitting on like 700 wood and a similar amount of seeds in early Y1 winter but haven't had to plant any to maintain sustainability.

not weird at all. there are many ways to play the game. The issue comes about when a player tries to take every path all at once or a couple things that require a particular resource without setup, it leads to a shortage/limiting step somewhere. Coal or even just wood is one. Stone is another.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

explosivo posted:

God, Automate is great. Been getting more comfortable with how it works and it's nice for stuff like the mushroom cave where I can set up paths to count as "conveyors" and have it all auto collect to a chest on the side. Making mayo/cheese money like crazy now because it's so easy to dump everything in a chest and come back to it full of products.

do you use the pipes mods? and if so, how do you like them?

after I beat everything I like to screw around with game-breaking mods.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
le ancien fruits hon hon hon

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
fight and dethrone Yoba

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I hope to upgrade your mom at the end of the month, too

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
pam rules

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

You can feed the carrots to your horse to make them go faster

if you aren't maxxing speed, what are you even doing? mad dash to the ice levels to get that coffee bean because the odds of it being in the cart's regular inventory are so low now. Waiting till year two to feed my addiction is not an option.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
question: has anyone had issues with rain days not registering multi-harvest crops as watered?

I had an issue where some crops didn't give me harvests on time and too few harvests in that month but know I watered them. I checked and it would amount to missing all days in the month that it rained to get the #. I also reloaded a backup with a upcoming harvest the day after a rain day- watering them on that day produced a harvest the next day, whereas not watering them didn't.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Mega64 posted:

I can't keep track of all of the potential wife candidates.

Zesty posted:

Slingshot.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
is there a multiplayer mod that allows bringing items to someone else's game they've opened? You can even do it via LAN with an application like hamachi, tho the lag might be real bad.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I bought 3 gold ore once because I had two gold ore and I needed a gold bar to make my 9th quality sprinkler for the ideal hops layout. I mean geez.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I'm just buff. natty of course

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
fiber is the copy paper of the stardew valley world

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Waiting for Bubbles, a play about Stardew Valley efficiency

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I altered how I approached the game when I saw that some people were upgrading their axe first and even getting it to steel in the first spring, as well as trying to get enough quality sprinklers for summer. Less time fishing means less money up front and maybe losing out on Legend in the first spring but not a huge deal.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Trilobite posted:

I just unlocked my first Mastery, and chose farming for the Iridium scythe. In previous farms, I planned out my "final" crop layouts around Junimo Huts so that I could live out the dream of farming without having to deal with farming, but...wow, scythe-harvesting is so ridiculously fast and easy that I don't think I'll ever bother enslaving those li'l gumdrops again.

these spirits

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Poil posted:

How do I stop the game loving over my tapped trees by randomly turning them into poo poo versions? How do I stop the game randomly changing trees to poo poo version period? It completely ruins my tap area and my trees planted for aesthetics.

I think you just chop+regrow w/fertilizer then wait for a harvest to attach a tapper so the tappers sync up. That's what I did when I got 4 nonsense trees in my oak resin farm.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
vinegar prevents moss but idk about transformation

Oxyclean posted:

I had a bunch of utility trees on my farm and I don't think any of them got converted permanently, so I dunno what's up.

some trees revert, most noticeably ones in the town proper ("I shouldn't chop down trees in town") will always revert. Farm trees do too but have a higher chance to stay permanently as the new trees, which kind of suck.

It's more that you might have your harvest of oak resin, pine tar or maple syrup synchronized and don't want to have to regrow a tree then wait up to 9 days to place a tapper to get that back. Not a big deal imo but it might bother some people.

idk if foraging or farming mastery is more worthwhile first. Mystic trees seem cool as h*ck but the applications won't come until pretty near the end game.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
penny, the writer of secret notes

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
buying their loyalty with precious stones. Yes these are people to trust.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Elliot is a ponce

Avalerion posted:

Sebastian won't even come out on his birthday so I can toss a gift at him. :argh:

he mostly comes out at night

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I still prioritize certain villagers- Linus and Emily for early food recipes, unless you want to go all-in on tulips (which are a great source of energy before the salmonberry season, if you have a bit of spare cash), then Caroling for tea trees and George to get started on eel recipes for those eels I don't sell.

Robin is also helpful because she gifts raw resources like wood and stone. An early peach sapling from the prize machine can help max out her hearts quickly, too and fruit is generally a liked gift among villagers. Gifting Sebastian and getting him to 2 hearts if you head up to the mountain around 630-7 isn't too hard.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
certain things are more likely to drop, certain artifacts pop up more, etc. I found fishing chests to be more helpful and more likely. I also found bubbles to come up more than before but bubbles are weird. They may appear in slightly different places or different times or not be there altogether in a given play through of a seed.

Certain worm spots are still 100% consistent for a given seed. You will get that artifact or lost book (if you don't already have it) or whatever on that day. You will get x + y(some modifier) forages on the ground. You have a high chance of repeating the items from garbage cans. Some spots are inconsistent, appearing only 1/20 or less spawns of a seed.

However, a lot of the new "randomness" seems to be based on in-game ticks. If you hit a tree, worms, stone or catch a fish at just the right time you get a book, another bonus item, a treasure and, particularly a secret note or journal scrap. The amount of time between the bonus item popping up varies. For stuff like tree seeds, it's doesn't seem to work this way, just certain fully-grown trees are chosen for a given day.

stuff like forages and artifacts aren't evenly distributed so you might get an artifact at the desert that day or in the quarry but whoops you don't have access. For geodes, it's a bit silly but the item is chosen before the geode is cracked. I didn't have issues with geodes or artifacts generally in my play through even though I went +1 ore but hopefully it's not as frustrating as 1.5.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
lmao emily dressed me like a roman senator with grass crown but I keep the purple space shoes

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
you guys are weird. just let me be friends with the bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
death of the pawther